Canes BB Recent Transfers Update

Pitcher in the Rye

3) Man's Law 2) God's Law 1) Mr. Murphy's Law
Alex Toral-FSU: Now the 3 hitter in the FSU lineup, (started the season as cleanup) he's hitting .286 with a .447% OBP and 1 HR
Jordan Lala-U of Tampa: Hitting .349 with a .483% OBP. Although Lala was the leadoff hitter for the better part of 3 seasons for the Canes, he's been relegated to the 5-7 spots for the DII Spartans.
Victor Mederos-Oklahoma State: Owner of a 4.00 ERA and an awful WHIP OF 1.89, Mederos was a no-decision in a Saturday night start win vs Vandy.
Ray Gil-Jacksonville U: Slashing .364/.432/.535 Gil is having a good season as a middle of the order hitter.
Adam Frank & Gabe Rivera-Nova SE U: Hitting .344 and .318 respectively and each with a HR for the 13-0 Sharks. Frank somewhat surprisingly bats ahead of Rivera in the order.
Luis Espinal-MDC: Hitting .370 for the Sharks
Jose Izarra-Florida Southwestern State: Hitting .324 with a pair of HR's.
Alex Munroe-Southeastern U: 3-0 with a 1.26 ERA as a reliever for the 21-0 (sic)!?! Fire.
Nicholas Regalado-Florida Southwestern State: 3-1 with a an 2.81 ERA as a starter for the Bucs.
Spencer Bodanza: Out of Baseball
Tony Jenkins: presumed out of baseball

Advertisement
Thank you for posting this. Things that stick out like a sore thumb.

Mederos: yikes.
Jenkins: out of the game? Crazy
Lala: he belonged at the bottom half of order during his time here.
Toral: look forward to watching that average drop during conference play

To be fair, the only reason that Toral is playing is that the coaches kid who plays 1b is out with an injury. coaches kid is better in every aspect other than slugging.

**** look at all these transfers... I would say these moves were best for both parties. Mederos is somewhat surprising because I thought he might take a step this year (of course it's very early), but the others I don't miss.

Oh and of course shoutout Gil/JU for beating FSU

Advertisement
FSU struck out 14 times in a loss to Mercer this week. Consecutive losses to Samford and Mercer.
Reading FSU baseball twitter’s comments is as toxic as Miami’s. Both programs with incredibly lazy hires. Let’s hope Gino works out but I wouldn’t hold my breath. Same with Martin

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. Things that stick out like a sore thumb.

Mederos: yikes.
Jenkins: out of the game? Crazy
Lala: he belonged at the bottom half of order during his time here.
Toral: look forward to watching that average drop during conference play

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Wish Gil would have stayed, we could use his bat at DH.

Also didn't want to lose Mederos obviously, but he's out of the weekend rotation at Ok St (started their midweek game this week).

Wish Gil would have stayed, we could use his bat at DH.

Also didn't want to lose Mederos obviously, but he's out of the weekend rotation at Ok St (started their midweek game this week).
Gotta disagree. We don’t really know for sure why the locker room sucked last year but I’m going to assume anybody that left was part of the problem. So in that sense, everybody that left can GTFOH

Advertisement
Alex Munroe-Southeastern U: 3-0 with a 1.26 ERA as a reliever for the 21-0 (sic)!?! Fire.
Southeastern is a small Christian college in Lakeland that sits in a residential neighborhood and has enough bleacher seating for about 80 people. The coach there has made a living by going after SEC and ACC players who are sitting on the bench. You put those guys against the Reinhardt University programs of the world and it's easy to go 21-0 and get to the NAIA world series every year.

FSU struck out 14 times in a loss to Mercer this week. Consecutive losses to Samford and Mercer.
Yet they'll still be ranked ahead of us no matter what happens this weekend. They already have 2 mid-week losses and a loss last weekend. I don't get the love for FSU among pollsters. Can't stand the aw shucks Martin style - if he's like his father, he's low class and will hopefully be the successor to the "Lord of No Rings".

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was always under the impression that the Toral problem was our staff (not saying the regression our players typically have isn't) but this dude seems to interested in his power numbers to do what it takes to help his team win. Cant coach selfish players

Advertisement
Back