Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Super disappointed in the names so far.
25C9170E-0772-42F7-8E52-3ADE403ADA0E.jpeg

Advertisement
Even
Kingston and Pollard 35 years as Head Coaches of G5 and up. 3 total 40 win seasons between them.

Tom Walter flash in the pan this year. He goes from 20 win seasons to 30-40 win seasons like every other year and then back. Lots of 30 win seasons followed by 20 win seasons.

Tulowitizki isnt qualified in anyway. He was an assistant infield coach for texas and left after 2 years. Great player who should go coach somewhere before here.

JD Artega shouldnt even get an interview. Our pitching has sucked because of him both coaching and recruiting.

Steal Louisville's head coach. Steal Vandys pitching coach. There are tons of choices out there mentioned in this thread even that are better than all the names listed in that article.

Walter won at GW which isn’t easy. Then right when he started to get New Orleans rolling they pulled tons of funding. (To the point the dropped to D2 for a bit)

Now at Wake he has made them formidable multiple times over the past 6-7 years at a school where other than the late 90’s early 2000’s they’ve stunk.

He wouldn’t be first on my list but I think he develops and they play the game well. Plus when he donated his kidney to that kid he showed it is wayy more than just coaching with him. So I appreciate that. I know Rogers is pretty plugged in but I’m not sure I completely believe he is a legit candidate. He has it good at Wake.

Pollard the same thing. He has been developing and winning at schools with no major track record of winning.

Brown, Pollard, and McDonnell would be choices. I like McDonnell/Louisville style of play as they push things a bit at times. Plus he has a little edge to him.

I know it’s only been a few days but man I hope it goes fairly quick so we can maybe pluck a few portals kids.

My belief is that if Rad is not going after a coach in the College World Series, he will announce next week during the CWS to get as much publicity and buzz about the hire as he can.

Advertisement
Manny Acta, Mike Redmond, Alan Trammell, Walt Weiss.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Would love to know your top 5 (realistic) choices.
1) Scott Brown (Vandy Pitching Coach)
2) Dan McDonnell (Lousiville HC but apparently disgruntled there)

I like Steve Owens at rutgers, older (57) but does more with less than anybody. One of the best coaches in the country.

And as someone to take a flyer on.
No real order here but i like Lovelady, UCF coach, young and alumnus. Or Scott Jackson from liberty, pitching coach background at unc also recruiting coordinator while there. Solid young coach could be a star.

1) Scott Brown (Vandy Pitching Coach)
2) Dan McDonnell (Lousiville HC but apparently disgruntled there)

I like Steve Owens at rutgers, older (57) but does more with less than anybody. One of the best coaches in the country.

And as someone to take a flyer on.
No real order here but i like Lovelady, UCF coach, young and alumnus. Or Scott Jackson from liberty, pitching coach background at unc also recruiting coordinator while there. Solid young coach could be a star.
McDonnell isn’t leaving. Guy I work with is best friends with Louisville’s catcher. He said it’s not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back