Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted San Diego that game because I was a big Khalil Greene and Trevor Hoffman fan. That was Tulo's rookie year I believe.
I'm a Cardinals fan but I liked the Rockies as my 2nd team back then because Todd Helton fully sponsored our travel team and paid our way into Braves games and took us down on the field pre-game and all that. His nephew was on the team but he paid every penny for everyone.. like $40k a year for 3 years. Bats, jerseys, tournaments, hotels, etc. etc.

2007 was definitely Tulo's first full year. I think he played some in 2006. Maybe even 2005 as well. I may be off a year

Advertisement
I'm a Cardinals fan but I liked the Rockies as my 2nd team back then because Todd Helton fully sponsored our travel team and paid our way into Braves games and took us down on the field pre-game and all that. His nephew was on the team but he paid every penny for everyone.. like $40k a year for 3 years. Bats, jerseys, tournaments, hotels, etc. etc.

2007 was definitely Tulo's first full year. I think he played some in 2006. Maybe even 2005 as well. I may be off a year
**** that's pretty cool. I think he was a September call up in 06 because 05 was his last year at Long Beach St.

I've been a Rays/Devil Rays fan since Carl Crawford came up. Crawford was my number 1, then Tulo and Khalil Greene were 2A and 2B. I wasn't even a shortstop lol. Just loved how those two played the game. Hoffman was my favorite closer of all time.

This year only that I know off.

He would have about 70 games under his belt coaching first base. Good enough for me.

Guys from MLB staffs rarely make the transition to college. If the Marlins keep improving he'll be a HC in the majors in 3-5 years. He fits the Schumaker, Cora, Counsell, Boone, Baldelli, David Ross, Kapler, etc. profile that is becoming popular - long career, smart/savvy ball players that were clubhouse assets.
you are one of the smartest, most reasonable porsters on here, but with the ocean of respect i and many of us have for you, it is with great difficulty and much agony that i must conclude that jon jay, son of justo, is not a reasonable candidate.

Does Clemson have any assistants that might be good enough to coach at Miami because of the Rad connection? Or even their HC?

you are one of the smartest, most reasonable porsters on here, but with the ocean of respect i and many of us have for you, it is with great difficulty and much agony that i must conclude that jon jay, son of justo, is not a reasonable candidate.
I may be reasonable but I also wear my orange and green glasses.

I'm a Cardinals fan so Jon Jay is like a baseball icon for me. A legit staple in my fandom for a decade.

I lived in Johnson City, TN and we had St. Louis's rookie league team the Johnson City Cardinals. You have no idea how excited I was at 13-14 years old when we drafted Jon Jay and Chris Perez in the 1st and 2nd round and I thought they were both coming to town.. both ended up assigned to higher levels, though.

Advertisement

I'm a Cardinals fan so Jon Jay is like a baseball icon for me. A legit staple in my fandom for a decade.

I lived in Johnson City, TN and we had St. Louis's rookie league team the Johnson City Cardinals. You have no idea how excited I was at 13-14 years old when we drafted Jon Jay and Chris Perez in the 1st and 2nd round and I thought they were both coming to town.. both ended up assigned to higher levels, though.
Speaking of the Cards I just found out recently Rick Ankiel signed to come to Miami but flippin Scott Boras told teams he wouldn't sign for less than 5 mil. His stuff was disgusting.

Advertisement
Candidates from Rogers: Tulowitzki, Pollard, Walters, Kingston. JD will also interview. Jon Jay has been mentioned. His full article has been pushed another day.
**** no to Kingston, need McDonnell on that list

Advertisement
The dad can make up the scholarship gap with coke money though!

Believe they got assigned to Quad Cities or something like that in Low A. I lived in Green Bay and went down to watch them play the Timber Rattlers in Appleton, think they were both extremely shocked to see my and my dad cheering for them by name in our Miami gear.

Problem is, the other Rogers could be copy/paste from this board. I do not believe JD or Kingston are anything more than courtesy flushes.

Advertisement
Speaking of the Cards I just found out recently Rick Ankiel signed to come to Miami but flippin Scott Boras told teams he wouldn't sign for less than 5 mil. His stuff was disgusting.

Lots of future MLB greats signed or committed to UM never to make it on field because they went pro instead. Ankiel, ARod, Chipper Jones, Dwight Gooden, Gary Sheffield, Ron Karkovice, Lance McCullers, etc.

Last edited:
Candidates from Rogers: Tulowitzki, Pollard, Walter, Kingston. JD will also interview. Jon Jay has been mentioned. His full article has been pushed another day.
He does also allude to the possibility of Rad getting other big names interested and notes that Jay is a long shot.

Stock already has a full article summarizing Rogers at TOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back