Canes Baseball Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im curious about the timeline, MLB draft on deck and portal wide open. Dont wanna rush this but at what point does this get dangerous. I would tink a good 3-4 weeks is enough of a interview period

Advertisement
Id assume by the end of the week they hire our new head coach. There is no time to waste. Teams are moving. Players are moving.
Former player said “sharks are circling” when I asked him about a timeline. Need to make a quick decision, but also the right decision.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm surprised that site even lets you see their Top 25 without paying for it.
Yep and college baseball news and information is absolutely nowhere these days. Can't find any free info on players in the portal, recruiting rankings, player rankings, etc. aside from Perfect Game.. who doesn't even release free player rankings until much later.

Scott Brown, Josh Elander, Jake Gautreau , Nick Schnabel are assistants that should get looks

Head Coaches - Rob Vaughn, Tom Walter, Dan Mcdonell

Gautreau is looking for the perfect job. He turned down his alma mater last year to stay an assistant at Mississippi State

Advertisement
Sure, I get it. I would simply point out, he's a looooong time poster and you have a low post count. So we tend to be...skeptical...as to new guys with info. Could be a troll. Might NOT be a troll. Just bear with us, not trying to run you off, but you are brand new.
Big deal about being a long time poster. Zero leeway for the type of response and ignorance displayed.

Gautreau is looking for the perfect job. He turned down his alma mater last year to stay an assistant at Mississippi State

Its the same with Scott Brown. I'd like to think Miami would be the perfect situation for either of them

Vaughan is official at Bama and they are retaining the interim coach who led them to a deep run as his Assoc HC.

DMac at Louisville had been rumored there, so that’s a positive if he’s in fact open to leaving Louisville. Trust me, he has the swagger and confidence to thrive in Miami. He's a native New Yorker and has always had incredible self confidence and high baseball acumen.

Plus he’s had success in Coral Gables before…..he was the lead off hitter and 2B man for The Citadel who swept through the Atlantic Regional defeating Miami twice to earn a trip to Omaha in 1990.

Tulo is an intriguing name, he's at least been to Miami dozens of times playing the Marlins so he might have an affinity for it. Either he or DMac would be HR hires.

Pollard has never left the state of North Carolina with stints at Davidson, Pfeiffer and App St. He would be smart to stay at Duke, not an ideal culture fit for Miami imo.

If Rad hires anyone from USCe it's likely going to be Monte Lee, the guy he hired at Clemson who is now Assoc HC and recruiting coordinator. His predecessor fired him. He’s had success at both College of Charleston and Clemson.

Chris Hart and Kevin McMullan, top Assts at NC State and UVA respectively are ready to take the next step but not at Miami unless Rad misses on his top choices.

Robert Woodard at Charlotte is a fast riser and has immediately turned around that program after being hired by AD Mike Hill (who was previously at UF), but he's a local guy (Myers Park and UNC grad) and needs more experience.

Advertisement
Vaughan is official at Bama and they are retaining the interim coach who led them to a deep run as his Assoc HC.

DMac at Louisville had been rumored there, so that’s a positive if he’s in fact open to leaving Louisville. Trust me, he has the swagger and confidence to thrive in Miami. He's a native New Yorker and has always had incredible self confidence and high baseball acumen.

Plus he’s had success in Coral Gables before…..he was the lead off hitter and 2B man for The Citadel who swept through the Atlantic Regional defeating Miami twice to earn a trip to Omaha in 1990.

Tulo is an intriguing name, he's at least been to Miami dozens of times playing the Marlins so he might have an affinity for it. Either he or DMac would be HR hires.

Pollard has never left the state of North Carolina with stints at Davidson, Pfeiffer and App St. He would be smart to stay at Duke, not an ideal culture fit for Miami imo.

If Rad hires anyone from USCe it's likely going to be Monte Lee, the guy he hired at Clemson who is now Assoc HC and recruiting coordinator. His predecessor fired him. He’s had success at both College of Charleston and Clemson.

Chris Hart and Kevin McMullan, top Assts at NC State and UVA respectively are ready to take the next step but not at Miami unless Rad misses on his top choices.

Robert Woodard at Charlotte is a fast riser and has immediately turned around that program after being hired by AD Mike Hill (who was previously at UF), but he's a local guy (Myers Park and UNC grad) and needs more experience.
So Tulo is at least the most polarizing guy thus far, right? Some people think he’s a “HR hire” and others would be concerned.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back