Walter

Single
Kingston

Need Eval
Tulo
Jay

Comeback Gino
JD

The Lovelady nonsense has to stop. Idk what everyone’s fixation is.
Its obviously because he is a Cane. But he did better at Wright than Cooper (Penn State) before him and Sogard currently have. Looked good early at UCF, but last couple years just ok. But he is young and a Cane.

Its obviously because he is a Cane. But he did better at Wright than Cooper (Penn State) before him and Sogard currently have. Looked good early at UCF, but last couple years just ok. But he is young and a Cane.

Pssst...so which one of us is gonna tell him about Lovelady?

Advertisement
Lots of future MLB greats signed or committed to UM never to make it on field because they went pro instead. Ankiel, ARod, Chipper Jones, Dwight Gooden, Gary Sheffield, Ron Karkovice, Lance McCullers, etc.
Didn’t realize Gooden or McCullers.

Correa, Yelich, Dex Fowler came to my mind reading this.

I'm hearing the whole staff is gonna be let go, so step right up and let's hear your dream hires for all roles. Caveat Emptor: Mentioning Lovelady might get you chased by a mob holding torches and pitchforks.
Vitello from Tennessee or McDonnell from Louisville in consideration for the job?

I am surprised that McConnell is not on Kendall Rogers' list of candidates. McConnell would most likely bring Roger Williams (pitching coach) with him. A former teammate of mine and one of best pitching coaches in country. Left UNC because he tripled his pay to leave. I saw someone mention Scott Jackson at Liberty. I have spoken with him on occasion and think he would do well with the resources that the U has. He and his wife are very religious (sincere believers not holy rollers who push their religion on you) and family people. Liberty is the perfect place for them. They were both Campbell graduates (a Christian school in a small town in NC who is doing well in baseball now). I don't know if he would want to leave where he is but being in a one team NCAA bid league, it can't hurt to make a call to him. I was shocked to see Kingston on the list. He has done well everywhere he has been except SC where he has been maybe okay. I have to wonder if that is the culture because I know the previous coach at SC who did not do well there and hasn't fared much better at College of Charleston. SC fans are not happy with anything except winning it all and Columbia is not the best place to live. Kingston's pros are that he has experience recruiting south Florida while at USF and he has been very successful at other stops where others have not been. The question is can he overcome the SC culture? He also has a significant buyout if leaves to take another job (I think $800K if he leaves before July 1, 2023).

Advertisement
Didn’t realize Gooden or McCullers.

Correa, Yelich, Dex Fowler came to my mind reading this.

This was what I read in the local papers at the time. Of course, this was before Baseball America and other electronic and print media dedicated to covering college baseball recruiting existed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back