Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 5 candidates are in no particular order

Joe Girardi
Chris Pollard
Troy Tulowitzki
JD Arteaga
Mark Kingston

Girardi is laughable for me. Guy has never coached college baseball. This is young mans game. Stick to MLB and getting fired there Joe.
Pollard would be a nice option.
Tulowitzki is a slam dunk hire
JD should be happy to be the pitching coach at this point if he's re hired
Kingston should have been fired last year and got lucky he had a long enough leash. Who knows if he's any good
SC would be ecstatic for someone to take Kingston. Most fans I know want Landon Powell to get the job.

Advertisement
No not saying I like it. Im just going down the list of dominoes in college baseball. Let's see how accurate or not accurate I am when Kendall Rogers comes out with his hot board tomorrow. Do I get some type of award if im right on 3 or more?
Yes. I will think of a proper name.

No not saying I like it. Im just going down the list of dominoes in college baseball. Let's see how accurate or not accurate I am when Kendall Rogers comes out with his hot board tomorrow. Do I get some type of award if im right on 3 or more?

Why would you judge your list based on what Rogers lists as potential candidates? He is probably guessing like the rest of us.

Advertisement
Would be a home run hire imo
If not him, I hope they at least reach out to Scott Brown..even if they feel certain it would be a no. Apparently those in the “know” don’t even consider him a candidate for some reason…at least make the inquiry I would hop. Awesome that they possibly interviewed Tulo…that would definitely a strong “out of the box” move.

I’m about up and comers, and coaches that do it at the least expected places like Campbell, Wright State, Coastal, Indiana State, whatever… definitely a risk, but something to prove.

Last edited:
Why would you judge your list based on what Rogers lists as potential candidates? He is probably guessing like the rest of us.
Hey chubby.... did you see post saying Tulo interviewed? Yesterday when I said I've heard his name you said my hearing aid must not be working. Go back to that bag of chips on yours moms couch and zip it.

I'd draw wood for days if Tulo gets the job. I'm shocked he didn't take the USC job. He's from the west coast.

Something tells me he's holding out for the Long Beach State job if it becomes open within the next few years.

Had several classes w/ Troy at LBSU. The good days at LBSU w/ him & J Weaver. I know it’s gotta be killing him to see the state of the program. When I was there, the Cheerleading, Volleyball, & Baseball programs were elite. We were all fam; the campus & programs ain’t the same, although the Men Volleyball team is still elite. Haven’t seen or talked to Troy in a while, but I’m going to assume if LBSU come calling, he’s there ASAP.

Advertisement
How do you guys feel about Jeff Mercer or Jeff Duncan?

Jose Vasquez of Alabama State?

Hey chubby.... did you see post saying Tulo interviewed? Yesterday when I said I've heard his name you said my hearing aid must not be working. Go back to that bag of chips on yours moms couch and zip it.
Who Are You Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

We promoted an assistant after Ron Fraser retired too , but didn’t work out.

View attachment 241899

Jesus Christ, that was 30 years ago.

And let's not forget, it wasn't about "poor on-field performance", it was because Kelley bought alcohol for an underage player. He was fired in October, not June.

It should also be pointed out, Kelley hasn't worked in college baseball since. He has been a major league scout.

"Didn't work out" is very misleading, it makes it sound like the reason was "because he was another Miami guy".

Advertisement
What are your thoughts on Tulo for the job?

I already said something to someone else earlier, I would like to know a little bit more about the Texas situation.

Tulo is interesting. He doesn't NEEEEEED the money. And, sure, nobody works for free either. So maybe when he left Texas, he didn't have to find another job immediately or do COBRA for his healthcare. I get it.

So tell me what happened with Texas, and if the answer sounds good, you might have something. He's only worked 3 years in college, right, but by all accounts he was good.

I'll say one last thing that GOES AGAINST what I've said before (about wanting someone from the collegiate ranks when Girardi and Cora seemed like candidates). With Tulo, his success in MLB can POSSIBLY be a differentiator when he recruits. He can speak with authority about what it takes to go from college to MLB. That MIGHT be helpful. I am NOT as impressed with Girardi's MLB managerial career, though he also had a long playing career like Tulo.

Apologies if that sounds contradictory. And, hey, maybe Tulo simply benefits by NOT having the long managerial career to nitpick.

There are a lot of good COLLEGE coaches out there, so I'd like to know more about Tulo wanting to coach in COLLEGE before I jump into supporting him.

Advertisement
You didn't say that to me. The other guy was extremely disrespectful acting as if I didn't know what I was talking about.

Sure, I get it. I would simply point out, he's a looooong time poster and you have a low post count. So we tend to be...skeptical...as to new guys with info. Could be a troll. Might NOT be a troll. Just bear with us, not trying to run you off, but you are brand new.

If it is Tulo, I feel better about it after watching TX get two out RBI after two out RBI last night. Our situational hitting should improve immensely.

I already said something to someone else earlier, I would like to know a little bit more about the Texas situation.

Tulo is interesting. He doesn't NEEEEEED the money. And, sure, nobody works for free either. So maybe when he left Texas, he didn't have to find another job immediately or do COBRA for his healthcare. I get it.

So tell me what happened with Texas, and if the answer sounds good, you might have something. He's only worked 3 years in college, right, but by all accounts he was good.

I'll say one last thing that GOES AGAINST what I've said before (about wanting someone from the collegiate ranks when Girardi and Cora seemed like candidates). With Tulo, his success in MLB can POSSIBLY be a differentiator when he recruits. He can speak with authority about what it takes to go from college to MLB. That MIGHT be helpful. I am NOT as impressed with Girardi's MLB managerial career, though he also had a long playing career like Tulo.

Apologies if that sounds contradictory. And, hey, maybe Tulo simply benefits by NOT having the long managerial career to nitpick.

There are a lot of good COLLEGE coaches out there, so I'd like to know more about Tulo wanting to coach in COLLEGE before I jump into supporting him.
Well Im sure all those questions were answered in the interview he apparently had yesterday. I hope the really give him a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back