Canes Baseball Assistant Corch Tracker

One thing I know is that JD need to fill out this staff asap. The need to be absolutely pounding the portal rn.
They should have had this staff locked and loaded a long long time ago. Everyone knew this was gonna be the outcome from jump street. Just poor execution all around. I can see coaches laughing at this opportunity to come work for a head coach who they are smarter than. Having JD ordering you around is the equivalent as 5 year old kid ordering their parents around.

Advertisement
Lazy hires around...still can't get into any schools in broward or palm beach...missed opportunity. Should've thrown everything at Vitello at Tenn.

Advertisement
Even more odd that OriginalCane doubled down in response to a rebuttal of a simple 8 word sentence "Gino did not allow nil deals for baseball" with this classic piece of sophistry: "Steven says that Gino did not allow "NIL deals for baseball", which I read as something comparable to what is being offered in football and basketball, an overall NIL "deal" that is for a significant sum of money."

Dude tried to save more face than Hannibal Lecter.

You are so full of ****. You are the genius who IMMEDIATELY rebutted Steven's post with "But but but Opendorse".

I then laughed at you.

It's time for you to stop trying to rehabilitate your terrible porsts with some reality-altering retelling of your dream scenario.

Last edited:
Doesn’t have to be a dichotomy: either outspend LSU or scrap the program. It would just give me hope if our AD actually gave af about the program and didn’t make a lazy hire. There are guys out there. He just didn’t want to make the effort. Rad is a money guy, and baseball doesn’t make money.

Pretty accurate. I'm tired of the dopes who keep throwing up false equivalencies, such as Wake Forest, which gets the same ACC share of cash that we do, and then goes out and spends more on baseball than we do BECAUSE THEY SPEND A LOT LESS ON FOOTBALL. That's a fact.

While I would love it if JD can prove that he was an overlooked gem all these years, I don't have a lot of faith in that outcome. We had a chance to reinvigorate our program with a new voice, and we passed.

As for your points on Rad, money, and baseball, you're spot on. You know what was said at that one luncheon when Rad was asked about adding capacity to the Light. "We don't need more capacity". While he could be correct, numerically, for one season, it demonstrates a lack of concern for BUILDING a better program that more people will pay to see.

Once we have the additional parking and the additional space in the outfield, I hope we can add some capacity and entertainment value. No reason we couldn't put 8K in the stands for in-state rivals and top ACC games.

I swear some of these guys in this thread work in the athletic department. The same victimhood mentality they express is the exact mentality that got us to this point in the first place.

The bigger problem is that certain people want to claim that they know what the one problem is, and they know what the one solution is.

The reality is that there are multiple challenges that Miami faces. But the simple-minded porsters can't handle that. They want oversimplification. They want a short answer that they can repeat 1,000 times in 1,000 posts.

---We need to prioritize baseball, monetarily and hierarchically.

---We need to do whatever we can do to address the scholarship issue (and there is both a macro and micro approach to that).

---We need to improve our facilities, and I'm not just talking about capacity.

---We SHOULD HAVE brought in a new voice from the outside to change and improve the program. I doubt that Nice Guy JD is going to be that guy. Even Richt (UM alum) and Mario (UM alum) demanded improved commitment, facilities, and spending.

---We need to figure out a way to devote more EMPLOYEES to supporting baseball, regardless of "job title". Clearly, we have the video capability (see, generally, football) and now we need to find a Baseball Alonzo to bring MLB-level stats/analytics to UM. One of my best friends from HS is the head of the Guardians' "moneyball" department, send a couple of UM graduate assistants up to Cleveland to intern with him duing the summer/fall/winter.

---We need to make the Light a family-friendly place and a student-friendly place. Young/early/lifelong fans will eventually turn into donors.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What about Lenny Dykstra?

The guy would spend his entire day trying to find coeds to perform cunnilingus on...

1688503723705.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back