Canes Baseball Assistant Corch Tracker

Advertisement
They are talking to Tosar, and UM is giving him alot to think about. However people posting on twitter that he will be the next hitting coach are blowing smoke. They are in discussions, but not a done deal. Financially, this would be a big step back for him, but he loves the idea of coaching at UM.

They are talking to Tosar, and UM is giving him alot to think about. However people posting on twitter that he will be the next hitting coach are blowing smoke. They are in discussions, but not a done deal. Financially, this would be a big step back for him, but he loves the idea of coaching at UM.
Aren’t he and Grifol best friends?

Advertisement
Seems so but some good replies regarding private schools

How's USC baseball??

I was being sarcastic; apparently when it comes to both football & baseball, all private school rules apply to us, but not other programs which I find odd. But I digress.

SC has been an absolute chit show on the baseball scene. Lol. However, they just made, imo, a very solid hire in Andrew Stankiewicz. He led a very successful Grand Canyon program from The WAC in the 2022 season. They already showed remarkable improvement in his first yr vs. the last 4 yrs, so we’ll see if they become that elite power again on the baseball scene.

Advertisement
Any coach coming with JD is a dead man walking. To have long term success you need it to start at the top. If I'm Tosar that's the way im gonna have to look at this and kindly say no thanks. These guys can't recruit period. Pitching coach, hitting coach gonna be to blame but if you don't have the talent it doesn't matter how good of a coach you are.

Rad, all his booster Columbus/Westminster boys, to JD, to JD bros gonna have this thing in flames from jump. All these coaches will be damaged goods in the end

So to clarify this… he doesn’t actively recruit with it, but he did allow it. I just got clarification on this which to me is counterproductive anyway whether he allows it or not because he has to sell it. @TheOriginalCane thoughts? JD plans to actively recruit with nil point being Gino was pretty archaic in his beliefs. Sorry for the confusion.
Here is the full LifeWallet roster of baseball players: https://lifewalletsports.com/baseball-university-of-miami-athletics/
Don't tell Original Cane- it'll trigger his insecurities that he was wrong once again.

Any coach coming with JD is a dead man walking. To have long term success you need it to start at the top. If I'm Tosar that's the way im gonna have to look at this and kindly say no thanks. These guys can't recruit period. Pitching coach, hitting coach gonna be to blame but if you don't have the talent it doesn't matter how good of a coach you are.

Rad, all his booster Columbus/Westminster boys, to JD, to JD bros gonna have this thing in flames from jump. All these coaches will be damaged goods in the end
That's what you need to happen to not look like a fool, so forgive me for not taking the word of someone who has a vested interest in the program's failure.

Advertisement
I go back and forth on Tosar - no doubt he's qualified for the job. Seems to be a good hire to me.

Part of me says hitting is hitting and if you can coach it at the big league level you can coach it in college. But the other part of me knows that's not truly the case and some of the best hitting coaches in the MLB would be awful college hitting coaches. It's a different language.

The Field Coordinator role is a new thing popping up and those guys are involved in understanding the rule changes and finding advantages as well as handling the shift, alignment, etc. and involve a lot of data analytics. If he got that role then he's probably got that kind of back ground and that's what we need at UM.

Personally, I can't complain about the hires we've made if Tosar getting hired is legit. Laz isn't a grand slam but I think he'll do fine. Smart guy with a Ph.D, he'll bring in fresh ideas and I don't think we'll be old school anymore.

I go back and forth on Tosar - no doubt he's qualified for the job. Seems to be a good hire to me.

Part of me says hitting is hitting and if you can coach it at the big league level you can coach it in college. But the other part of me knows that's not truly the case and some of the best hitting coaches in the MLB would be awful college hitting coaches. It's a different language.

The Field Coordinator role is a new thing popping up and those guys are involved in understanding the rule changes and finding advantages as well as handling the shift, alignment, etc. and involve a lot of data analytics. If he got that role then he's probably got that kind of back ground and that's what we need at UM.

Personally, I can't complain about the hires we've made if Tosar getting hired is legit. Laz isn't a grand slam but I think he'll do fine. Smart guy with a Ph.D, he'll bring in fresh ideas and I don't think we'll be old school anymore.
You think Ligon’s injury history was a decision to transfer? Specifically, his people not feeling confident that the staff could correct his mechanical flaws?

Here is the full LifeWallet roster of baseball players: https://lifewalletsports.com/baseball-university-of-miami-athletics/
Don't tell Original Cane- it'll trigger his insecurities that he was wrong once again.

So you're still confusing me with Steven, huh?

I know, you're just mad because I humiliated you on your "but but but Opendorse" argument.

Feel free to tell us how these LifeWallet deals were a part of the recruiting/signing process, as they are in football and basketball.

You can't. You won't.

Advertisement
You think Ligon’s injury history was a decision to transfer? Specifically, his people not feeling confident that the staff could correct his mechanical flaws?
Someone told me at the conference tournament they heard his dad didn't want him to pitch again this year and wanted to just shut it down and recover 100% but the staff put pressure on him to return. Might have some legs to it. Or this is their way of saying the injury was the staff's fault to begin with.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we gently nudged him out the door. Dead arm 2 years in a row on a 100% scholarship is a total waste. Plus the fact that his velo is 3-5 mph down from what he was in HS. We need room for guys that can stay healthy.

The overwhelming majority of our arms lose velo it seems.

So is if a poor S&C, is it JD, a mix of both, or like football for years we had kids who thought they’d just show up and be superstars.

Will be interested to see the progress of all the returnees next year.

Someone told me at the conference tournament they heard his dad didn't want him to pitch again this year and wanted to just shut it down and recover 100% but the staff put pressure on him to return. Might have some legs to it. Or this is their way of saying the injury was the staff's fault to begin with.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we gently nudged him out the door. Dead arm 2 years in a row on a 100% scholarship is a total waste. Plus the fact that his velo is 3-5 mph down from what he was in HS. We need room for guys that can stay healthy.
I was surprised to see he was going to the Cape. I'd have shut him down completely, maybe do some analysis at a pitcing lab at most.

So you're still confusing me with Steven, huh?

I know, you're just mad because I humiliated you on your "but but but Opendorse" argument.

Feel free to tell us how these LifeWallet deals were a part of the recruiting/signing process, as they are in football and basketball.

You can't. You won't.
Not humiliated. Amused by getting you triggered. You backed up Steven's argument that it was "prohibited" by Gino, not whether or not it was part of the recruiting process. You added that in there later to save face. The dollar amount is irrelevant. In addition to Opendorse, I showed there were in fact LifeWallet deals when you tried to move the goalposts by bringing Ruiz's name into it because Opendorse money was too small for you to be considered a real NIL deal.
"Feel free to tell us how these LifeWallet deals were a part of the recruiting/signing process, as they are in football and basketball.

You can't. You won't."

Actually, I will. Because Gino wasn't allowed to.

"While universities have established many of their own guidelines and guardrails in the NIL era, college sports' governing body has held firm with one restriction: Coaches are prohibited from brokering deals for athletes and prospects."

Violation Summary: The Miami (Florida) women’s basketball head coach violated NCAA rules when she facilitated impermissible contact between two prospects and a booster.

Been fun busting you up. I'll get back to talking about baseball. Thanks for the meltdowns.

Advertisement
Back