Canes Baseball Assistant Corch Tracker

Advertisement
Would love to know what he thinks or knows about biomechanics and data analytics in pitching. Nova doesn't do anything with that - so another BS introductory press conference or they're going to square peg-round hole this thing by still hiring Miami bros and trying to learn it on the fly and just wing it.

You're losing this battle. There aren't any "trustworthy" potential assistant coaches out there? Or can they only be found by SEC head coaches?
not saying that I’m saying his network isn’t very extensive as far as guys he’d offer a job to outside of his circle

Would love to know what he thinks or knows about biomechanics and data analytics in pitching. Nova doesn't do anything with that - so another BS introductory press conference or they're going to square peg-round hole this thing by still hiring Miami bros and trying to learn it on the fly and just wing it.
Interesting part of that is nova actually has a pretty big budget for division two school

Advertisement
Interesting part of that is nova actually has a pretty big budget for division two school
They're definitely one of the power 10-15 D2 programs in terms of budget. Laz failed pretty bad there as a HC when you consider that and his record versus the record of the previous HC

They're definitely one of the power 10-15 D2 programs in terms of budget. Laz failed pretty bad there as a HC when you consider that and his record versus the record of the previous HC

Like, he was closer to being fired than he was to taking a job in a major program.....until our situation opened up for him.

Right, but you keep insisting that he hires someone he has a connection with. That's not necessary.
If he barely knows guys and has to formally interview them I don’t like his chances on taking that leap because lopes was horrible as an example

Advertisement
Nova's 2023 ace could pitch here. 6'2 LHP from Miami Springs - currently pitching in the Cape. Low 90s with a good change and slider.

He already entered the portal and committed to UCF. We should be all over that. He's also on the draft radar.

Ok so it’s been a while I get that but it’s
Not like he’s Never done it. Would you rather he poach from somewhere? A juco guy low end d1?
he checkmated you lol. a guy that hasn't coached minor league pitchers in forever is hired as your pitching coach (a position the current HC struggled with) bc hes close w the head guy? yes this is a disaster. the entire program is. I wish they would shut the entire **** down.

we keep doing the same thing in football and baseball nd both suck.

it will be why it continues to suck.

this program is run like the city of miami - inept, corrupt.

ill gladly find out some info that would take every corrupt booster, the entire AD down. whatever it takes to get the cronies and rad out of here and start completely over

Nova's 2023 ace could pitch here. 6'2 LHP from Miami Springs - currently pitching in the Cape. Low 90s with a good change and slider.

He already entered the portal and committed to UCF. We should be all over that. He's also on the draft radar.
If he’s committed to ucf then lopes did something right wow.

Advertisement
Sip. JD can fixate/focus on working with crafty LHP since that what he knows when not running the pro’grum. Let the people who haven’t been in the UM time warp for the past 20+ years work with the Rosario/McMahon/Ziehl types.
If JD wanted to gamble on the hire I would have been more impressed if he plucked someone from Driveline or Tread directly. He could still oversee the staff with his background and “old school” mentality but have a data/sports science/biomechanics guy infuse some new life.

I would assume he hasn’t started anything there yet. It def should be his first call. We need some quality lefty arms. I think Rafe could be very good but we need 2-3 more.

I would assume he hasn’t started anything there yet. It def should be his first call. We need some quality lefty arms. I think Rafe could be very good but we need 2-3 more.
I've always said JD develops lefties better than righties. Or identifies them better. Laz was a crafty lefty too.

Load up on as many of them as you can.

Advertisement
I've always said JD develops lefties better than righties. Or identifies them better. Laz was a crafty lefty too.

Load up on as many of them as you can.
What bothers me too is that he calls pitches like a crafty lefty is pitching all the time

What bothers me too is that he calls pitches like a crafty lefty is pitching all the time
Cannot deny that. Another area data analytics could really drive some change if they know how to use it. I know they're tracking spin and movement at the facility and in the stadium - the data is there to map the effectiveness of everyone's pitches in specific locations, counts, etc.

They just didn't do a lot with it as recent as 2021 when I was around. Not sure if that's starting to change or made any improvement in 2022-2023.

I've seen a lot of people speculate that Gino was the one holding back data analytics and JD wanted to do it. He all but said it in his presser. I'm eager to see it.

Advertisement
Back