Canes Baseball Assistant Corch Tracker

Advertisement
I think a Latino last name is the only thing you need on your resumè. This school is just a mom and pop shop at this point. Never coming back. Find new hobbies
take a class at UM
go to one of the private schools in miami (mario went to columbus, manny went to country day, gino and jd went to westminster)
resonate with the city that never shows up to games but only seeks to complain

thank god L emailed his CV over to the still clueless athletic department

I think a Latino last name is the only thing you need on your resumè. This school is just a mom and pop shop at this point. Never coming back. Find new hobbies
bob ross GIF

Advertisement
Tosar's name keeps popping up as hitting coach.
Tosar and Lovelady are the only former canes I would want on staff.

Lovelady as an assistant working with catchers and recruiting is ideal. Never wanted him as a head coach. He also has good feel coaching 3B - something Gino never had. Managerial experience and a relationship with JD to guide him but not step on his toes.

Tosar would be an absolute homerun as a hitting coach. No idea of his recruiting acumen but he seems like a personable guy. Not even really sure why he'd entertain a college hitting coach job unless he loves UM and the city of Miami that much and wants to live here.

Lovelady as an assistant working with catchers and recruiting is ideal. Never wanted him as a head coach. He also has good feel coaching 3B - something Gino never had. Managerial experience and a relationship with JD to guide him but not step on his toes.

Tosar would be an absolute homerun as a hitting coach. No idea of his recruiting acumen but he seems like a personable guy. Not even really sure why he'd entertain a college hitting coach job unless he loves UM and the city of Miami that much and wants to live here.

Any thoughts on hiring the Mental Health coach as the pitching coach. Will he give big hugs to his pitchers after they squander leads?

On a somewhat serious note, doesn't Lovelady also have experience as a Pitching Coach?

Advertisement
Any thoughts on hiring the Mental Health coach as the pitching coach. Will he give big hugs to his pitchers after they squander leads?

On a somewhat serious note, doesn't Lovelady also have experience as a Pitching Coach?
I'd be fine with Laz. I just realized he legit has a Ph.D in Phychology. Interesting resume. We can do better there for sure but he's a former minor league pitching coach and I'm sure some of our guys could use the hugs.

But Lovelady.. he was pitching coach and worked with catchers also at Wright State. I didn't even realize he was a former Cane at the time but I camped there in HS because my cousin played softball at Wright State. I was a Pitcher/Catcher coming out and he was recruiting me at both positions.

Don't think that's his strength but Wright State had a limited budget and only the HC and 1 paid assistant at the time and they had success.

I'd be fine with Laz. I just realized he legit has a Ph.D in Phychology. Interesting resume. We can do better there for sure but he's a former minor league pitching coach and I'm sure some of our guys could use the hugs.

But Lovelady.. he was pitching coach and worked with catchers also at Wright State. I didn't even realize he was a former Cane at the time but I camped there in HS because my cousin played softball at Wright State. I was a Pitcher/Catcher coming out and he was recruiting me at both positions.

Don't think that's his strength but Wright State had a limited budget and only the HC and 1 paid assistant at the time and they had success.
So where did you end up going?

I thought I read where Tosar lives in Miami and has a little side hitting business he runs in the off season. Prob mostly guys from the Organization but still.

Advertisement

Lovelady was a terrific recruiter at Wright St. Dude was everywhere and really worked hard at it. He was beating Ohio St for some instate kids.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back