Canes Baseball Assistant Corch Tracker

Can we all agree none of our "how to fix baseball" is gonna happen without a big infusion of $$$$. We aren't going to have the Vandy scholly fund system, so recruiting kids without having them pay tuition is going to take NIL money... Facility improvements will take $$$.. Recruiting budget to fly where ever / when ever is going to take $$$.. I'm looking at it like football, so not sure if it's allowed in college baseball, but since there's a limit to on field coaches, can we have a huge staff of Analyst??? that will take money... a whole recruiting staff that scours HS, Juco, and portal....

Until the school takes baseball serious and puts the money behind it, we are playing catch up and frankly playing the game 20years behind everyone else.. IMO...
Baseball needs an infusion of cash more than people realize and I think that comes with JD

Advertisement
Can we all agree none of our "how to fix baseball" is gonna happen without a big infusion of $$$$. We aren't going to have the Vandy scholly fund system, so recruiting kids without having them pay tuition is going to take NIL money... Facility improvements will take $$$.. Recruiting budget to fly where ever / when ever is going to take $$$.. I'm looking at it like football, so not sure if it's allowed in college baseball, but since there's a limit to on field coaches, can we have a huge staff of Analyst??? that will take money... a whole recruiting staff that scours HS, Juco, and portal....

Until the school takes baseball serious and puts the money behind it, we are playing catch up and frankly playing the game 20years behind everyone else.. IMO...
Agreed

Advertisement
Sounds counterintuitive but he spent it on sprucing up the stadium didn’t believe in nil etc
are you actually defending the promotion of a horrific pitching coach from a failed regime as the new manager? if so, please stop. as i said when fraud extended gino last year, youll be *****ing next year when we fail again and want JD gone

I wish JD would branch out from the Miami tree and take a look at a guy like Tyler Holt. Former All-American at FSU and had a cup of coffee in the big leagues. He just left BC after 2 years as their hitting coach because they won't invest enough in their program, and I've heard good things about him. BC's offense took a major step forward this year compared to last with the same group of players. Would also open up recruiting the talent in the Northeast.

Advertisement
He hasn’t been the USF pitching coach in 13 years. He’s the head coach of a local Dade High School. There’s a reason he’s been fired from everywhere he’s worked and why he’s drives for Uber Eats now.
For the love of God, I wasn’t serious. Laz was fired (I believe) prior to the felony charge. I think he got us into trouble.

I wish JD would branch out from the Miami tree and take a look at a guy like Tyler Holt. Former All-American at FSU and had a cup of coffee in the big leagues. He just left BC after 2 years as their hitting coach because they won't invest enough in their program, and I've heard good things about him. BC's offense took a major step forward this year compared to last with the same group of players. Would also open up recruiting the talent in the Northeast.
you have take a class at UM to be considered

are you actually defending the promotion of a horrific pitching coach from a failed regime as the new manager? if so, please stop. as i said when fraud extended gino last year, youll be *****ing next year when we fail again and want JD gone
Not defending just telling you what HE prioritized. He being Gino really didn’t spend on personnel or acquisition of talent.

Advertisement
So we had the son of the biggest donor in UM history running the program, but now that he’s gone we can try to fix our financial issues?

WTF?
that biggest donor in UM history didn't seem to be putting big money into baseball or athletics... Not saying he didn't put anything or care, but all the NEW BIG MONEY (given, mostly all football), seems to be coming from other sources and other donors. So point is, the Dimare family didn't value putting serious money into baseball even with Geno on staff and HC... So yes, now we need to find donors that want to catch us up to the rest of the programs that want to win championships. Here's my financial priority list as a fan.
1) Not one player on the team should have to pay for tuition. (NIL should be covering all tuition)
2) Budget for bigger support staff (ie: Analyst&trainers / Recruiting & Scouts)
3) Proper budget for Recruiting/Scouts to actual travel and see players up close, and not just show cases. As been said, identify real baseball players.
4) Whatever facility enhancements we need. I haven't been to other baseball stadiums or locker rooms, so I have no idea where we compare and how far we are trailing.

that biggest donor in UM history didn't seem to be putting big money into baseball or athletics... Not saying he didn't put anything or care, but all the NEW BIG MONEY (given, mostly all football), seems to be coming from other sources and other donors. So point is, the Dimare family didn't value putting serious money into baseball even with Geno on staff and HC... So yes, now we need to find donors that want to catch us up to the rest of the programs that want to win championships. Here's my financial priority list as a fan.
1) Not one player on the team should have to pay for tuition. (NIL should be covering all tuition)
3) Proper budget for Recruiting/Scouts to actual travel and see players up close, and not just show cases. As been said, identify real baseball players.
4) Whatever facility enhancements we need. I haven't been to other baseball stadiums or locker rooms, so I have no idea where we compare and how far we are trailing.
It’s right here the money was allocated poorly

Not defending just telling you what HE prioritized. He being Gino really didn’t spend on personnel or acquisition of talent.
so promoting a trash can pitching coach from his abortion of a staff is the answer?

this is why UM will never ever succeed in anything beyond hoops with L.

Advertisement
here's my priority - do a proper coaching search. dont hire failures from within a program even if the boosters said so. tell them to **** off and find money elsewhere if you have to. this is the problem with football and baseball. Mario got hired in the same fashion but the diff is Mario is at least proven elsewhere that he CAN coach. the fact that boosters wouldn't tie their money to someone that wasn't their choice even if that person is the man for the job is the very thing that has plagued this program forever.

I can't wait till theyre all gone and rad is gone with them. he was a failure last year when he extended Gino and a failure again for promoting from a failed staff esp promoting what was a weak link on the staff and should have been fired by Gino had he not resigned.

**** everyone in the AD including rad. the only person thats good is L and thats it.

the ***** wanna say we have money but failed to go out and grab the best coach available. instead we got someones **** buddy to coach this program further down the toilet.

here's my priority - do a proper coaching search. dont hire failures from within a program even if the boosters said so. tell them to **** off and find money elsewhere if you have to. this is the problem with football and baseball. Mario got hired in the same fashion but the diff is Mario is at least proven elsewhere that he CAN coach. the fact that boosters wouldn't tie their money to someone that wasn't their choice even if that person is the man for the job is the very thing that has plagued this program forever.

I can't wait till theyre all gone and rad is gone with them. he was a failure last year when he extended Gino and a failure again for promoting from a failed staff esp promoting what was a weak link on the staff and should have been fired by Gino had he not resigned.

**** everyone in the AD including rad. the only person thats good is L and thats it.

the ***** wanna say we have money but failed to go out and grab the best coach available. instead we got someones **** buddy to coach this program further down the toilet.
I dont disagree with the outrage over JD. Was the most uninspiring/lazy/nepotism pick they could have made. But the choice was made already, so ive moved on to what are the foundational pieces that need to be implemented for the next coaching search. No coach worth a **** wants to come to a school trying to solely survive on its past success And rep. No coach wants to compete vs the big dogs with one arm tied behind its back.

I dont disagree with the outrage over JD. Was the most uninspiring/lazy/nepotism pick they could have made. But the choice was made already, so ive moved on to what are the foundational pieces that need to be implemented for the next coaching search. No coach worth a **** wants to come to a school trying to solely survive on its past success And rep. No coach wants to compete vs the big dogs with one arm tied behind its back.
No quality coach is coming here to coach under jd.

Advertisement
Back