Canes back in the mix for 5-star DT Taylor

I think that gym is owned by Streeter. I’ll be honest I thought Streeter would outplay his draft status or maybe get drafted higher. Dude had wheeels.

Agree. Dude had one decent year here, went pro, measured in at like 6'5 and ran a 4.3 at the combine, those dont just grow on trees surprised to never really see him make it off a practice squad. Can't hurt to have him in Taylor ear but this almost seems too good to be true. Don't get me wrong, its better than him wearing UF stuff everyday but just seems like its the worst kept secret if true.

Advertisement
Agree. Dude had one decent year here, went pro, measured in at like 6'5 and ran a 4.3 at the combine, those dont just grow on trees surprised to never really see him make it off a practice squad. Can't hurt to have him in Taylor ear but this almost seems too good to be true. Don't get me wrong, its better than him wearing UF stuff everyday but just seems like its the worst kept secret if true.

idk if Taylor cares whether or not we think hes letting a cat out of a bag tbh. just seems like hes straight up with his decision making based on what is stated on here and interviews

Not according to the NCAA . Those compiling the stats say we were 71st.
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/2018/team/701/p2
According to 247, they were first. The only team in the country that allowed under 25% conversion rate

here's another list

Last edited:
That's not true. But carry on.
Maybe it's a sign of the times but there seems to be a lot of revisionist history going around. I was commenting on the prevailing commentary on this site about recruiting of both CBs and safeties. Judging by numerous threads as well as this one, it's turned around for safeties.

Advertisement
Let me tell you, unless Ivins is trying to keep things on the low (which I highly doubt) .. he’s completely off regarding Taylor’s recruitment. On the last podcast he said he sees James Williams coming more so than LT. Either his sources suck or he’s trying to not spoil anything. I ultimately trust cribbys word.

Let me tell you, unless Ivins is trying to keep things on the low (which I highly doubt) .. he’s completely off regarding Taylor’s recruitment. On the last podcast he said he sees James Williams coming more so than LT. Either his sources suck or he’s trying to not spoil anything. I ultimately trust cribbys word.
He apparently knew Avantae was coming here but staff told him to keep it quiet.

I'm rolling with @Cribby even though recruiting is always changing.

Advertisement
According to 247, they were first. The only team in the country that allowed under 25% conversion rate

247 also has Miami as No 2 in total defense (268.3 ypg) where as the NCAA has Miami at 38 (362.8 ypg).
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/2018/team/22

I don't know where 247 get their stats but I'd tend to believe the official score keepers.

Not the same beast. It wasn’t like he knew that weeks ahead of time, he might have learned that tae was coming a day or so advance. Ivins is very conservative and some of his relationships with the staff are sour
I think on his podcast he said Avantae told him the day before that it would be miami, and that is the reason he drove up to watch the announcement. I don't think he drives all the way up there if he thought he would say UF.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe it's a sign of the times but there seems to be a lot of revisionist history going around. I was commenting on the prevailing commentary on this site about recruiting of both CBs and safeties. Judging by numerous threads as well as this one, it's turned around for safeties.
I'm not revising anything, and recruiters recruit more than their specific position. Banda is, was, and always will be a better recruiter than Rumph. People take it personally that Banda is a better recruiter than Rumph instead of just accepting it and moving forward. Like any other job in the world, there are guys who are better recruiters than other guys.

Not the same beast. It wasn’t like he knew that weeks ahead of time, he might have learned that tae was coming a day or so advance. Ivins is very conservative and some of his relationships with the staff are sour
Once again you’re dead on, It was a day or two before , even though Tae was silently on board with Banda for at least a couple weeks.

I never knock people for subscribing to 247 but if you get in for actual insider info it’s a waste of money.

Ivins is way behind on the Leonard Taylor stuff. I was posting on him and um since May. The way he handled the Houston transfer news let me know something was off, he was all over the place while not saying anything , just putting out useless updates to not sound lost. Williams was always coming to um once he got the ok.

Something is definitely up with him and the staff, the last 3-6 months he seems way behind on things.

Once again you’re dead on, It was a day or two before , even though Tae was silently on board with Banda for at least a couple weeks.

I never knock people for subscribing to 247 but if you get in for actual insider info it’s a waste of money.

Ivins is way behind on the Leonard Taylor stuff. I was posting on him and um since May. The way he handled the Houston transfer news let me know something was off, he was all over the place while not saying anything , just putting out useless updates to not sound lost. Williams was always coming to um once he got the ok.

Something is definitely up with him and the staff, the last 3-6 months he seems way behind on things.
I’m trying my best to find out what’s happened but ivins hadn’t had any real consistent sources since the last time UM played a snap

One of many players over the past 2 decades that would've greatly benefited from a top notch staff.

It is what it is.

I think that gym is owned by Streeter. I’ll be honest I thought Streeter would outplay his draft status or maybe get drafted higher. Dude had wheeels.

Advertisement
Back