Canes back in the mix for 5-star DT Taylor

One of many players over the past 2 decades that would've greatly benefited from a top notch staff.

It is what it is.

I think that gym is owned by Streeter. I’ll be honest I thought Streeter would outplay his draft status or maybe get drafted higher. Dude had wheeels.

Advertisement
247 also has Miami as No 2 in total defense (268.3 ypg) where as the NCAA has Miami at 38 (362.8 ypg).
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/2018/team/22

I don't know where 247 get their stats but I'd tend to believe the official score keepers.
Sports reference says they gave up 278.7

The 247 stats appear to not include the bowl game. The Sports Reference and Team Rankings stats are for all 13 games in 2018. Not sure why the NCAA stat site is so far off but every other stat outlet says Miami was #1 in 3rd down conversion percentage.

I'm not revising anything, and recruiters recruit more than their specific position. Banda is, was, and always will be a better recruiter than Rumph. People take it personally that Banda is a better recruiter than Rumph instead of just accepting it and moving forward. Like any other job in the world, there are guys who are better recruiters than other guys.
If you don't want to call it revisionist history than call it selective memory. Whether Banda is, or was, or always has been a better recruiter is totally besides the point. I stated that many have bashed Banda and suggested he return to his bartending roots. Then he flips one recruit and all of the sudden he's emerging as an elite recruiter. It's comical really.

Once again you’re dead on, It was a day or two before , even though Tae was silently on board with Banda for at least a couple weeks.

I never knock people for subscribing to 247 but if you get in for actual insider info it’s a waste of money.

Ivins is way behind on the Leonard Taylor stuff. I was posting on him and um since May. The way he handled the Houston transfer news let me know something was off, he was all over the place while not saying anything , just putting out useless updates to not sound lost. Williams was always coming to um once he got the ok.

Something is definitely up with him and the staff, the last 3-6 months he seems way behind on things.
yup can confirm Cribby has been on the taylor news like a month before any of this started to even surface... Cribs is the real deal.

Advertisement
And even if he was Rumph was a NC winner, 1st round pick, coach of an elite HS

Banda was a **** bartender and now he’s out recruiting the guy with a much better pedigree

recruiting is sales. just bc rumpH has a resume to be an elite recruiter doesn't mean he is one or doesn't mean he can sell. Banda can def sell. RUmph can coach up his position.

Once again you’re dead on, It was a day or two before , even though Tae was silently on board with Banda for at least a couple weeks.

I never knock people for subscribing to 247 but if you get in for actual insider info it’s a waste of money.

Ivins is way behind on the Leonard Taylor stuff. I was posting on him and um since May. The way he handled the Houston transfer news let me know something was off, he was all over the place while not saying anything , just putting out useless updates to not sound lost. Williams was always coming to um once he got the ok.

Something is definitely up with him and the staff, the last 3-6 months he seems way behind on things.

I think he tries to confirm things from other places outside of his UM sources prolly bc of the height thing. heights situation seemed to have def scarred him as he was getting reports from 247 AU saying height was going there and was on campus for a visit even as height and UM seemed to have denied it

I'm not revising anything, and recruiters recruit more than their specific position. Banda is, was, and always will be a better recruiter than Rumph. People take it personally that Banda is a better recruiter than Rumph instead of just accepting it and moving forward. Like any other job in the world, there are guys who are better recruiters than other guys.

absolutely this. just bc a guy coaches CBs or Safeties doesn't mean they recruit those positions. if im not mistaken, I believe the coaches recruit a specific area regardless of positions and send Banda and Fields everywhere to help close the deal

If you don't want to call it revisionist history than call it selective memory. Whether Banda is, or was, or always has been a better recruiter is totally besides the point. I stated that many have bashed Banda and suggested he return to his bartending roots. Then he flips one recruit and all of the sudden he's emerging as an elite recruiter. It's comical really.

hes always been a very good recruiter who has gotten better and better as hes gained more credibility. he can sell. hes got a hand in many recruitments for that reason.

Advertisement
hes always been a very good recruiter who has gotten better and better as hes gained more credibility. he can sell. hes got a hand in many recruitments for that reason.
I'm not the one that needs convincing. I'm commenting on a broad segment of malcontents we have around here. Early on, he was an easy target. Now they've moved on.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Sounds like his source is working elsewhere now

And even if he was Rumph was a NC winner, 1st round pick, coach of an elite HS

Banda was a **** bartender and now he’s out recruiting the guy with a much better pedigree
Step one of being a good recruiter is actually enjoying recruiting
And a good bartender can make you feel like his best friend in minutes.

Advertisement
Back