Canes back in the mix for 5-star DT Taylor

View as article
Advertisement
Our chances are slim with Taylor, if we win we'll have somewhat of a better shot.

But just use your common sense fellas, Taylor is a high ranked 5-star DT that's one of the top 10-20 players in the Nation, how's our track record with those type of prospects?

Should the staff keep recruiting him? Absolutely. Should fans delusionally think we're getting him because of a Zoom call or two? I would recommend no, but you're free to fool yourselves if you want lol.
While I agree with most of what you are saying but we’ve beaten UF for some prospects and they aren’t like the other big boys in the SEC where they throw the big bag around. None of this matters if we don’t win 9-10 games.

Advertisement
I can’t claim to know everything that a 17-18 year old wants because that’s anybody’s guess. If they are like my kids, they change their mind every five minutes. But the one thing that most of the players of this Generation want is to play with a winner And make it to the NFL. These kids are not like us when we grew up. We wanted to represent our neighborhood and family when we played. We wanted to be a part of a team that stood for the right principles. Now, kids just want to brand themselves and create a social media presence with a bunch of shallow strangers. It’s the difference between Larry-Magic-Michael generation v LeBron-Westbrook-Kyrie generation.

The Canes have solid recruiting every year over the last two decades, but not consistently elite recruiting classes like the Alabama, Clemson and other powers. Every elite recruit Interviewed on here has said it over and over, and it’s simple— the Canes need to Start consistently winning and then they will attract Elite recruits At every position.

We are all tired of the snake oil salesmen we have had as coaches over the last two decades. We would like to see someone put in the work and turn this thing around because when the Canes are on top of the college football world, nothing is more exciting to watch

Advertisement
32B7A711-50E7-4E4C-A1CC-46B96A5F2818.png
Call me when this over my heart can’t take it😩😩😩

Advertisement
Advertisement
I said a couple months ago it was “ no chance “, but now I’d say we have a chance. I wouldn’t say the favorite but a lot better odds than before. A lot has happened the last couple months.

Tingly but didn’t move yet.

Advertisement
Back