Canes back in the mix for 5-star DT Taylor

View as article
Advertisement
Taylor would be a weird fit in that Grantham 3-4. Or at least it wouldn't accentuate his strengths the way playing as a 3-tech in our system would

Hopefully our coaches are making him aware of this
I thought that too. He's a natural 3 tech with great hands and great feet. He would waste his natural talents playing in a 3-4.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It really sucks that character concerns cost Willis his chance to be drafted high. He was truly dominant his last year. He lived in the backfield. It would be great to sell that to future DTs.

Absolutely. And not just him. I thought RJ Mcintosh was headed to becoming a Day 2 pick before his thyroid issue popped up at the Combine. That would be your last two 3-tech's going high in the draft

And for Greg to ball out again, need to show these kids you can come to Miami and be a high draft pick.

Nobody, literally not one single kid, NOBODY, bases their decision about whether or not kids can come here and be a high draft pick. It’s Miami. Every game is on national TV.

They don’t come here because we suck and we don’t pay what the bag schools do. That’s it. And only one of those things can be rectified. So, ******* rectify it. And you’ll get a lot more talented kids.

Nobody, literally not one single kid, NOBODY, bases their decision about whether or not kids can come here and be a high draft pick. It’s Miami. Every game is on national TV.

They don’t come here because we suck and we don’t pay what the bag schools do. That’s it. And only one of those things can be rectified. So, ******* rectify it. And you’ll get a lot more talented kids.
This isn’t true. As of late we haven’t been winning nor producing high draft pics. If they see others they see it’s possible

Advertisement

Disagree that producing players in draft has no value. Theres a reason that we still land top TEs. Few 100k in a bag is nice. But were talking about millions in an NFL contract.

It’s not what’s preventing kids from coming here.

Cant generalize like that. Every kids different. If we start pumping 1st round DEs in the league, like we should, we should start getting top DEs from around the country the way we do TEs. Me personally, im going to whatever position coach guaranteeing to get me millions in the league. If im a DB, im playing for Corey Raymond or Saban.

Advertisement
I agree with you, we cant be losing to FIU. We do NEED to win. Ijs, its another selling point when you also pumping out high draft picks.

I agree with you, we cant be losing to FIU. We do NEED to win. Ijs, its another selling point when you also pumping out high draft picks.

Sure, it’s a selling point. But winning and bags are miles and miles out in front of whatever you wanna consider 3rd thru whatever. NFL picks, facilities, location, etc. Getting paid to go to a winning program will always trump all the other stuff. By miles. And yes, there are exceptions and every kid is different. But if you’re building a program out of thin air and want to attract as many elite prospects as you can, the first two things you stabilize are winning big and paying big.

Advertisement
Back