Canes at VT

More about momentum for Miami now. Play hard take good shots play great defense and play like always smooth as ice and Miami is Miami….GO CANES !

Advertisement
As previously stated I'm not a big basketball guy, but I find it interesting that we're a dog to an unranked team when we're ranked and being forecasted as a 4 seed? So is it a lack of faith in Miami or what?

Miami loses by 45

Billy Gardell Reaction GIF by CBS

I'm surprised we're 2 point dogs. That may chance before tip.

Edit: down to 1.
VT might be 6-10 in the ACC, but they are pretty good at home if you look closer at the record. They are 3-0 on a neutral and 12-3 at home, so it will be a tough game and more challenging than some fans will want to admit.

Advertisement
As previously stated I'm not a big basketball guy, but I find it interesting that we're a dog to an unranked team when we're ranked and being forecasted as a 4 seed? So is it a lack of faith in Miami or what?

Home vs. road is everything in CBB. VT is 5-3 at home in the ACC and have beaten PITT, UVA, and Duke in Blacksburg. Miami is 6-4 on the road in conference.

Home vs. road is everything in CBB. VT is 5-3 at home in the ACC and have beaten PITT, UVA, and Duke in Blacksburg. Miami is 6-4 on the road in conference.
And we haven’t been blown out the gym in any of those road losses. Leads late at GT (ugh) and Pitt. Chance to win vs NCST and Duke. At the very least, our guys are confident on the road and know how to play in a hostile environment. Plenty of good teams go on the road and get smacked by double digits (Kansas, Tennessee, Alabama, Purdue, UCLA to name a few). May not mean much but I don’t think it means nothing, either

And we haven’t been blown out the gym in any of those road losses. Leads late at GT (ugh) and Pitt. Chance to win vs NCST and Duke. At the very least, our guys are confident on the road and know how to play in a hostile environment. Plenty of good teams go on the road and get smacked by double digits (Kansas, Tennessee, Alabama, Purdue, UCLA to name a few). May not mean much but I don’t think it means nothing, either

All of this adds up to why it's a one point line. One or two points is basically pick-em. Just means they are probably trying to balance the action. This seems like a real classic 50/50 game. Miami is the better team, but all the ancillary stuff favors VT. LFG.

Advertisement
VT is super inconsistent. People keep calling them a great home team, but keep in mind they fattened up against a really soft OOC schedule. The real statistic, which I mentioned in another thread, is VT is 5-3 in the ACC at home. Miami is 6-4 in the ACC on the road, btw. So...

What VT has been, as we know, are giant killers at home. They rose to the occasion against UVA, Duke, and PITT. That's the concern.

They inexplicably also lost at home to College of Charleston and BC, along with losses against two of the better ACC teams in Clemson and NCST.

Really hard to predict tonight. I like the Canes.
VT lost in a pre-season tournament at a neutral site to College of Charleston.... not in Blacksburg.

Advertisement

Two words. Road game.

Common in college hoops for a better team to be a slight road dog against an in conference average team. Not a slight at Miami.

VT is super inconsistent. People keep calling them a great home team, but keep in mind they fattened up against a really soft OOC schedule. The real statistic, which I mentioned in another thread, is VT is 5-3 in the ACC at home. Miami is 6-4 in the ACC on the road, btw. So...

What VT has been, as we know, are giant killers at home. They rose to the occasion against UVA, Duke, and PITT. That's the concern.

They inexplicably also lost at home to College of Charleston and BC, along with losses against two of the better ACC teams in Clemson and NCST.

No shame losing to CoC. That is a good ball team.

Guard the 3 point line without fouling. Quit getting faked out of your jock and leaving your feet. Its easier for them to get an uncontested shot if you keep both feet on the ground and your hands in their face.

Advertisement

College of Charleston is good and will likely make the tournament

Advertisement
Back