2022 Canes and Wildcats

Yep - and I looked up Ole Miss' SEC conference statistical rankings after that loss. They were 11th in BA and 12th in Fielding %. Our coaches don't have laptops?
Yep - and I looked up Ole Miss' SEC conference statistical rankings after that loss. They were 11th in BA and 12th in Fielding %. Our coaches don't have laptops?
Bingo.

Sometimes that’s the most frustrating thing. You know our coaches have to scout other squads and do their homework on pitchers, fielding % and BA…but more often than not, on the field it doesn’t seem like they actually do it.

Advertisement
This year? Because he will get fired or he'll be forced to move on eventually. Manny Diaz got fired and he made the post season all three of his seasons. Isn't his daddy a trustee or whatever.. ex mayor.. chair of the Florida democratic party? DiMare is not good enough and that's obvious. If Miami decides to take baseball as seriously as they've apparently taken football, DiMare will have to go. It was a ****show but if manny can get fired I think Dimare can get fired.
I don't want to be in the business of defending DiMare, but it is a different circumstance. Manny Senior did not drop millions on the University of Miami athletic department. Plus, I don't think the big money Cubans are Democrats...lol. And whatever we think, I believe Gino is actually liked by the big money guys like Ruiz. BTW, I did not say he would never get fired. However, in my opinion he has a longer leash than he deserves. I just face reality. I'm not going to drone on nor lose my mind over it. I eventually will just give up my season tickets, attend less games and follow the team less closely if this continues. Just like football I went to App State and Michigan State never set foot in Hard Rock again and was going to drop my season tickets if huge changes were not made.

Here's the reference for you (from Social MIami.com):

"Mr. Tomato and the Tomato Lady Really Truly Love Tomatoes!

If you know Swanee DiMare (and who doesn’t), you will agree she is quite a “tomato,” dressed in her elegant designer gowns and seen at most of the non-profit galas in town. (Actually her fun moniker is “The Tomato Lady.”) And beside her is her husband Paul, distinguished in his Brioni tuxedo, who is a riveting communicator affectionately known as “Mr. Tomato” because his company is one of the largest grower of fresh-market tomatoes in the United States."
well, there's some trivia. Thank you for the info.

I don't want to be in the business of defending DiMare, but it is a different circumstance. Manny Senior did not drop millions on the University of Miami athletic department. Plus, I don't think the big money Cubans are Democrats...lol. And whatever we think, I believe Gino is actually liked by the big money guys like Ruiz. BTW, I did not say he would never get fired. However, in my opinion he has a longer leash than he deserves. I just face reality. I'm not going to drone on nor lose my mind over it. I eventually will just give up my season tickets, attend less games and follow the team less closely if this continues. Just like football I went to App State and Michigan State never set foot in Hard Rock again and was going to drop my season tickets if huge changes were not made.
I’m approaching idgaf mode rather quickly. I’ve had it happen in football under 2 different regimes (golden & manny). I’ve never experienced it in baseball even during the dark Morris years. Canes baseball is a true treasure for me but that’s rapidly starting to change because of nepotism Gino

Advertisement
This is a far too logical and insightful response. But on a serious note, do you think voting w our feet and withholding money will be enough when it comes to changes in the baseball program?

Fair enough.. I'm just *****ing because the pain of the postseason is so fresh. I'll try not to stay in the negativity too long. Lets hope Dimare at least makes some changes to his staff.. give us something to look forward to seeing.

This is a far too logical and insightful response. But on a serious note, do you think voting w our feet and withholding money will be enough when it comes to changes in the baseball program?
You have a very loyal core group of fans and it is a different type of crowd. I think it would have some impact but unfortunately not the desired effect like football. The big boys have to say enough is enough.

I don’t think regional games are in this but from theacc offensive categories out of 14

Runs 7th
Hits 8th
2b 9th
3b 9th
Hr 8th
Rbi 8th
Tb 8th
Slg 8th
Bb 6th
Hbp 13th
K 5th
GDP 6th
SF 6th
SH 14th
SB 8th

Very picture of average? Hbp is interesting to me. I read it as the book was to pitch away away away because we just want to elevate to celebrate. Clearly the Ole Miss staff got that memo.

Looking at things as a whole I feel about the team as I did early in the season. Anemic offense with too many holes in the order.

We PH our 2 hole hitter with the tying run on 3b in the bottom of the 9th….

Got excited during the streak. But this weekend was a bummer. Still enjoy watching and will again next season.

Advertisement
Still enjoy watching and will again next season.

You know, I think this is why some of us get so heated year after year. There is a whole lot to love about Miami Baseball. The Light, Jayro, shakes, the Maniac, and loads of memories of great plays, great games, and great players. It's like something was stolen from us.

As a student I walked to the Light countless times, often by myself. We now live in central Florida but I have dragged my wife and daughter down there for postseason weekends for 25 years. That program is special to me, as it is to many others. We shouldn't be in this position.

Advertisement
Back