Canes and COVID- Interesting article in Sun Sentinel

Advertisement
This makes my point about the safety of keeping football alive for these athletes vs not having football.

Are they going to get this type of monitoring and care if we set them loose to their own devices?

Based on the data, the greatest danger to these young athletes is injury on the football field, not contracting a viral pathogen which has apparently a lower mortality than influenza in young healthy adults, in addition to the fact that these are highly monitored athletes.

Advertisement
Everyone is in CYA mode. This will be interesting to follow. I'm not a lawyer, but I would imagine the fear that most universities are facing is the potential liability of a player contracting Covid-19 and dying (heaven forbid). For some, the risks are worth it but it would probably go against the advice of their legal counsel.

Advertisement
Everyone is in CYA mode. This will be interesting to follow. I'm not a lawyer, but I would imagine the fear that most universities are facing is the potential liability of a player contracting Covid-19 and dying (heaven forbid). For some, the risks are worth it but it would probably go against the advice of their legal counsel.

Why even play football then? There’s a greater risk of a player dying from head neck trauma, there’s an even much greater risk of lifetime medical disability from non-Covid football injuries

I think from a non football point of view, the discussion of the remote monitoring machine is interesting. It allows them to diagnostically monitor an athlete or student from afar and catch them if their health deteriorates.

Advertisement

Hmmm

It's always interesting to see how easy it is for some to take risks with someone else's life

This made me spit up what I was drinking.

It belongs in the Calvin post hall of fame.

My favorites are the ones where Frenk is some badass Mexican mafia type, just because he’s Mexican. If you’ve ever been within 10 feet of him, or just looked at some of his pictures, he’s a very delicate and fragile guy.

Advertisement
This makes my point about the safety of keeping football alive for these athletes vs not having football.

Are they going to get this type of monitoring and care if we set them loose to their own devices?

Based on the data, the greatest danger to these young athletes is injury on the football field, not contracting a viral pathogen which has apparently a lower mortality than influenza in young healthy adults, in addition to the fact that these are highly monitored athletes.
Hey don’t say facts Libs don’t want to hear that this virus doesn’t kill everyone infected. They believe it’s so deadly we can’t go places or do anything until it’s gone from the planet earth. “Flatten the curve” biggest lie from Libs ever just communism to lock us down

Advertisement
Back