Canes and COVID- Interesting article in Sun Sentinel

Advertisement
No one is going to be definitive yet. I think this article shows that Miami is using every advantage of their medical facilities and staff to stay on top of the kids. They aren't going to these lengths for no reason.
With our med/research reputation. This has to be one of the better universities for athletics.

My favorites are the ones where Frenk is some badass Mexican mafia type, just because he’s Mexican. If you’ve ever been within 10 feet of him, or just looked at some of his pictures, he’s a very delicate and fragile guy.
He doesn't have those "Pablo" features....

Advertisement
Hey don’t say facts Libs don’t want to hear that this virus doesn’t kill everyone infected. They believe it’s so deadly we can’t go places or do anything until it’s gone from the planet earth. “Flatten the curve” biggest lie from Libs ever just communism to lock us down
Or at least until Nov 4th.

Hmmm

It's always interesting to see how easy it is for some to take risks with someone else's life

Per FL DOH, as of today there have been 32,996 confirmed cases of Covid among people 15-24 in FL, with 7 fatalities. That is 0.02% of known cases in that age group. The CDC estimates 10x as many cases as known cases, which would bring us to a 0.002% fatality rate in the age range. FYI, this data includes people with stage 4 cancer, morbid obesity, late stage organ failure etc. A college football player has a much higher chance of getting killed in a car wreck on the way to the game than he does of Covid.

Per FL DOH, as of today there have been 32,996 confirmed cases of Covid among people 15-24 in FL, with 7 fatalities. That is 0.02% of known cases in that age group. The CDC estimates 10x as many cases as known cases, which would bring us to a 0.002% fatality rate in the age range. FYI, this data includes people with stage 4 cancer, morbid obesity, late stage organ failure etc. A college football player has a much higher chance of getting killed in a car wreck on the way to the game than he does of Covid.

shut everything down until we know everything we need to about this virus. Protect everyone at all times. We don’t know everything, let’s hide

Advertisement
It's a communist country, Einstein. Theydon't report the truth...

I'm not that type of ***, but in your attempt to look like you're informed, your emotional post shows you're being highly foolish! With your logic, than AmeriKKKa must be communist too, cause they damyum sho being having a hard time reporting Truth for at least the last 400 years to present. Don't just blab off at the mouth, research first!

Hey don’t say facts Libs don’t want to hear that this virus doesn’t kill everyone infected. They believe it’s so deadly we can’t go places or do anything until it’s gone from the planet earth. “Flatten the curve” biggest lie from Libs ever just communism to lock us down
You can't travel to Europe. Nothing to do with any political views.

Miami-Dade at 26% positive Covid-19 tests.

Stop making this **** political with your assinine comments!!! It's neanderthal thinking like yours that keeps us in this mess.

I'm not that type of ***, but in your attempt to look like you're informed, your emotional post shows you're being highly foolish! With your logic, than AmeriKKKa must be communist too, cause they damyum sho being having a hard time reporting Truth for at least the last 400 years to present. Don't just blab off at the mouth, research first!
Wallow in your ignorance brother. I could give a F'

Everyone is in CYA mode. This will be interesting to follow. I'm not a lawyer, but I would imagine the fear that most universities are facing is the potential liability of a player contracting Covid-19 and dying (heaven forbid). For some, the risks are worth it but it would probably go against the advice of their legal counsel.

What are the legal ramifications if a players dies from the flu?

Advertisement

Forget about political affiliation.

No one, whatever their political philosophy, can say that Covid presents a greater risk to college football players than other risks they encounter. I say this based on actual outcomes data.

You can't travel to Europe. Nothing to do with any political views.

Miami-Dade at 26% positive Covid-19 tests.

Stop making this **** political with your assinine comments!!! It's neanderthal thinking like yours that keeps us in this mess.
Dude I’ve tried to save people from dying from it and it wasn’t the real cause of death and nothing happened to me didn’t even get it with like no ppe on it’s not deadly and it’s hard to catch

Based on what is happening in our country it's hard for me to believe there is going to be a football season this year. I hope I'm wrong but all leagues must err on the side of extreme caution. Too bad for UM since this seems to be a promising year with King and Company.

Advertisement
Dude I’ve tried to save people from dying from it and it wasn’t the real cause of death and nothing happened to me didn’t even get it with like no ppe on it’s not deadly and it’s hard to catch
WTF are you talking about? It's one of the most contagious viruses. This **** is everywhere. We're one of the top states in Covid-19. You need to listen to the experts in infectious diseases not politicans with a political agenda.

Tired of the ignorance. Most of the world is down near zero and these mf's want to politicize the very things that will get us over it.

If we don't have football, they can blame themselves.

Last edited:
Interesting...only 7 fatalities in that group..I did not know that number..thank you

Advertisement
Back