Canes and COVID- Interesting article in Sun Sentinel

SEC is playing football. The death rate could be 99% & they’d be playing. That’s all I know.

Advertisement
Its getting bad out there.

Surge in virus hospitalizations strains hospitals in several states

In pandemic hotspot states such as Florida, Arizona, California and Texas, hospitals are adding new intensive care unit beds and special air-flow systems to treat the growing demand as virus hospitalizations set records almost daily. To cope with the wave of patients, hospitals are canceling elective surgeries to free up space for those sick with the virus. Medical staff warn they could become overwhelmed.

Florida is rushing some 100 new health-care workers to Miami-Dade County’s public hospital network to handle the influx of coronavirus cases, including 75 nurses who will be ready to work in intensive care units. But Miami hospital workers fear that might not be enough.
The large Jackson Health System in Miami has opened new floors and new units to handle the increasing number of patients, said Lilian Abbo, the hospital’s head of infection prevention. “If we continue this trend, we may not have enough staff,” she said.

Staff at its main hospital, Jackson Memorial, say it has grown crowded, with doctors and nurses working long hours. Hospital workers are adding negative-pressure systems to rooms so they can be used for covid-19 patients, said Nicholas Namias, chief of trauma and surgical critical care.
“We’re not in some sort of apocalyptic scene, but we’re very actively creating beds,” he said.

Florida is also beginning to see a sustained rise in fatalities, as documented in a Federal Emergency Management Agency report obtained by The Washington Post. The report shows a rebound in the seven-day rolling average of fatalities starting about two weeks ago and notes, “State is monitoring bed census daily and making contingency plans in the event capacity becomes an issue.”

Two nurses at the Good Samaritan Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Fla., who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of professional retribution, said nurses are being assigned just one gown per day, sometimes moving between confirmed covid-19 patients and suspected patients without changing their gear and with only minimal cleaning supplies. Some are now using nonmedical N95s and pairing them with surgical masks to make the coverings waterproof, they said. “The standards have been lowered so much the attitude is basically, ‘Put the best protection you can on your eyes and mouth, and go for it,’ ” one nurse said.

At Jackson Memorial, one key shortage now is the rapid coronavirus tests, particularly the reagents needed to process samples. Namias, the trauma chief, said the Miami hospital “frequently” runs out, which forces staff to assume patients who enter the emergency room have the virus. That puts more strain on the entire hospital, because it requires staff to add extra protection for themselves and treat patients in special environments. “If we had enough rapid tests, everything would be much easier,” Namias said. “You could identify who should go to the right bed, who should go to a covid bed.”

In pandemic hotspot states such as Florida, Arizona, California and Texas, hospitals are adding new intensive care unit beds and special air-flow systems to treat the growing demand as virus hospitalizations set records almost daily. To cope with the wave of patients, hospitals are canceling elective surgeries to free up space for those sick with the virus. Medical staff warn they could become overwhelmed.

Florida is rushing some 100 new health-care workers to Miami-Dade County’s public hospital network to handle the influx of coronavirus cases, including 75 nurses who will be ready to work in intensive care units. But Miami hospital workers fear that might not be enough.
The large Jackson Health System in Miami has opened new floors and new units to handle the increasing number of patients, said Lilian Abbo, the hospital’s head of infection prevention. “If we continue this trend, we may not have enough staff,” she said.

Staff at its main hospital, Jackson Memorial, say it has grown crowded, with doctors and nurses working long hours. Hospital workers are adding negative-pressure systems to rooms so they can be used for covid-19 patients, said Nicholas Namias, chief of trauma and surgical critical care.
“We’re not in some sort of apocalyptic scene, but we’re very actively creating beds,” he said.

Florida is also beginning to see a sustained rise in fatalities, as documented in a Federal Emergency Management Agency report obtained by The Washington Post. The report shows a rebound in the seven-day rolling average of fatalities starting about two weeks ago and notes, “State is monitoring bed census daily and making contingency plans in the event capacity becomes an issue.”

Two nurses at the Good Samaritan Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Fla., who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of professional retribution, said nurses are being assigned just one gown per day, sometimes moving between confirmed covid-19 patients and suspected patients without changing their gear and with only minimal cleaning supplies. Some are now using nonmedical N95s and pairing them with surgical masks to make the coverings waterproof, they said. “The standards have been lowered so much the attitude is basically, ‘Put the best protection you can on your eyes and mouth, and go for it,’ ” one nurse said.

At Jackson Memorial, one key shortage now is the rapid coronavirus tests, particularly the reagents needed to process samples. Namias, the trauma chief, said the Miami hospital “frequently” runs out, which forces staff to assume patients who enter the emergency room have the virus. That puts more strain on the entire hospital, because it requires staff to add extra protection for themselves and treat patients in special environments. “If we had enough rapid tests, everything would be much easier,” Namias said. “You could identify who should go to the right bed, who should go to a covid bed.”

Olvídense de todo coño. Estamos bien hodios y no seba a jugar ningún football este año!

Vamos a tener que seguir viendo el verdadero fútbol en Europa! Goooooool Goooool Goool Golazo azo azo!

Advertisement
Gross annoyance and death cheering
Uh oh, death rates are starting to spike, as expected. Pray it's an aberration, though common sense says it's not. Maybe it will fizzle out. Because, you know, summer, fish tank cleaner, and the beautiful, most beautiful reports.

The U.S.’s daily number of deaths from the coronavirus has risen recently in some of the nation’s most populous states, signaling a possible end to months of declining death totals nationally.

In Texas, officials announced 119 deaths on Wednesday, surpassing a daily record for deaths in the pandemic that the state had set only a day earlier. In Arizona, more than 200 deaths have been announced already this week, and the daily virus death toll in the state reached higher than ever. Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, South Dakota and Tennessee also set single-day death records this week.

Uh oh, death rates are starting to spike, as expected. Pray it's an aberration, though common sense says it's not. Maybe it will fizzle out. Because, you know, summer, fish tank cleaner, and the beautiful, most beautiful reports.

The U.S.’s daily number of deaths from the coronavirus has risen recently in some of the nation’s most populous states, signaling a possible end to months of declining death totals nationally.

In Texas, officials announced 119 deaths on Wednesday, surpassing a daily record for deaths in the pandemic that the state had set only a day earlier. In Arizona, more than 200 deaths have been announced already this week, and the daily virus death toll in the state reached higher than ever. Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, South Dakota and Tennessee also set single-day death records this week.

There’s a difference between deaths and death rates. But you go on doing your thing and keep on cheering up deaths or death rates

There’s a difference between deaths and death rates. But you go on doing your thing and keep on cheering up deaths or death rates

I thought you agreed to stop stalking and harassing me? After the way Dan turned you inside out I figured you'd change your screen name anyway. So kudos to you for hanging in there!

This is the cumulative death as a percentage of the cumulative cases.

1594409086962.png

Advertisement
I thought you agreed to stop stalking and harassing me? After the way Dan turned you inside out I figured you'd change your screen name anyway. So kudos to you for hanging in there!

To: “Mr. 1,100 college football players will die

Keep it up. Dan didn’t turn me inside out, unless him being proved wrong is your definition of that.

And what makes you think I agreed to anything? Where on earth did you get that idea?

Don't be a sissy, responding to your posts isn’t harassment, it’s just a way to point out who and what you are

You are the angel of death. No one loves COVID tragedy more than Alix!

Having said that, the U.S. sadly has become a 3rd world country with our inability to supply PPE to hospital workers and our feeble testing issues that are still present 4 months after quarantine started.

View attachment 121115

Thing is our testing is so haphazard and mismanaged, to me that data has to be taken with a grain of salt. Raw CV-19 deaths are the only numbers that matter to me and they are rising. Its early, so as I said, lets pray its just a blip, but that would be surprising.

If you really want to dive into trying to bypass all the reporting and evaluation errors, you can take the raw US overall death averages, and compare them to the current numbers. You have to offset for the reduction of accidents etc due to lockdown, but the difference is a pretty good window into how many people are dying from CV-19 in this country, as death rates are pretty consistent year to year due to the law of large numbers.

To: “Mr. 1,100 college football players will die

Keep it up. Dan didn’t turn me inside out, unless him being proved wrong is your definition of that.

And what makes you think I agreed to anything? Where on earth did you get that idea?

Don't be a sissy, responding to your posts isn’t harassment, it’s just a way to point out who and what you are

I see you've been hurt, and are still suffering from the trauma. Its ok, buddy. It will get better. Go Canes!

Advertisement

View attachment 121115
Death as a percentage of cases might be a little lower, but that's pretty meaningless when the amount of cases is so rapidly increasing. How are the actual hospitalization and actual death numbers looking? From a practical standpoint, that's far more meaningful than percentages.

I see you've been hurt, and are still suffering from the trauma. Its ok, buddy. It will get better. Go Canes!

Hurt? LOL

You're on some kind of delusional run here.

Someone with a third grade mental capacity that comes up with 1,100 dead football players isn’t going to hurt me.

But you might want to get yourself a brain scan, because I think you have a lesion, that’s the only explanation I can come up with for somebody that comes up with a calculation of 1100 football players dead. I mean, it doesn’t matter whether you’re on the left right or middle, that’s knee slapping funny

Hurt? LOL

You're on some kind of delusional run here.

Someone with a third grade mental capacity that comes up with 1,100 dead football players isn’t going to hurt me.

But you might want to get yourself a brain scan, because I think you have a lesion, that’s the only explanation I can come up with for somebody that comes up with a calculation of 1100 football players dead. I mean, it doesn’t matter whether you’re on the left right or middle, that’s knee slapping funny

I'm not feeding the beast and giving you your material to jack off to. Clearly, you enjoy this. Take care. And get well soon.

Advertisement
Death as a percentage of cases might be a little lower, but that's pretty meaningless when the amount of cases is so rapidly increasing. How are the actual hospitalization and actual death numbers looking? From a practical standpoint, that's far more meaningful than percentages.

It’s a way lower rate now, in Florida anyway, but doesn’t mean it will stay that way.

The fact is, and I know it gets old hearing this, but we’ll now better what this means in 2 - 3 weeks.

Like I said before, deaths and hospitalizations will increase, the question is, how much? Will it be at prior rates, or a new, much lower rate. There’s several factors in play that will determine outcomes, including much better treatment protocols now than even 2 months ago, and a much greater proportion of elderly vs young testing positive. Also, thankfully, patients are not getting slapped on ventilators as often and as early as before (that last part is kind of anecdotal, but it’s what I’m hearing from people that treat patients)

You are the angel of death. No one loves COVID tragedy more than Alix!

Having said that, the U.S. sadly has become a 3rd world country with our inability to supply PPE to hospital workers and our feeble testing issues that are still present 4 months after quarantine started.

Ouch. That first sentence kind of felt like a low blow, even though I know it's unintentional. My friend died from Covid-19. So did a friends mother who I knew. My own mother was in the hospital for 12 days and hopefully won't have any long term damage (she is out and feeling well now). I also know people in bio-med and the medical field who are working on the fight against it so I've heard some firsthand accounts from the frontlines.

I f'ing hate this thing. But I respect how dangerous it is, and I am not stupid enough to be cavalier about it.

Your 2nd sentence, bolded above, is dead on. Our federal government has completely screwed the pooch on this for political reasons. And point blank idiocy.

Image may contain: text

Advertisement
Back