Cane UDFA signings

He reminds me of the kicker smoking cigarettes on the sidelines in that movie which I can't remember the name of. I'm sure some fine member of this society will remind me.
nigel-gruff-replacements.gif
EnragedSmallAmbushbug-max-1mb.gif

Advertisement
You can’t expect teams will draft punters bc there’s no reason to. The vets hang around the league a long time and they’re a fresh batch every year so easy UDFA picking. The guys who do go are usually elite or have a special trait. For instance, the first guy taken (Baringer) was mid 6th round and he was #1 in punt average in all of college at 49.0 pee punt. Hedley was #14 at 45.3 per punt. The next guy taken in the 6th round from Michigan (Robbins) has really good hang time and a crazy knack for not kicking into the end zone for touchbacks. So that specialty of pinning teams deep and hang time to prevent returns was valuable enough to get him drafted. The 3rd guy is from Wingate so I have no idea about him.

Many expected Turk to be drafted. He was 3rd in punt average, but he went undrafted.

Kickers I think stand a better chance, especially now with the extra point being moved back. Even so, only 3 were drafted, although R3, R4 and R6 bc of higher value than punters.
A rookie is a lot cheaper than a vet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back