Cane OL vs DL practice 3/12/22

Advertisement
Advertisement
Moss needs more than a year guys. Be honest. That kid is at best a RS Sophomore when he first start having impact. Kelly is a different level of development, so maybe rotates in late in the season. But we'd be insane to rely on him in any way. We need a portal rush end as much as we need a portal MBL. Chantz, Harvey and Lichtenstein will be fine. But they are not great rush ends.

Linemen should never start as true freshmen. I said it about Henderson, Flowers, Nelson, Forston, Chickillo. Jason Fox was okay, Winston okay. But they were surrounded by a heck of a lot more talent than this team has at this point. And it was desperation to start any of them. Even Taylor rotated in last season, and while I know most will disagree with me, I think he should have seen fewer snaps not more. We will not be a championship team as long as we're relying on TFs in the trenches.
Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

Advertisement
Moss needs more than a year guys. Be honest. That kid is at best a RS Sophomore when he first start having impact. Kelly is a different level of development, so maybe rotates in late in the season. But we'd be insane to rely on him in any way. We need a portal rush end as much as we need a portal MBL. Chantz, Harvey and Lichtenstein will be fine. But they are not great rush ends.

Linemen should never start as true freshmen. I said it about Henderson, Flowers, Nelson, Forston, Chickillo. Jason Fox was okay, Winston okay. But they were surrounded by a heck of a lot more talent than this team has at this point. And it was desperation to start any of them. Even Taylor rotated in last season, and while I know most will disagree with me, I think he should have seen fewer snaps not more. We will not be a championship team as long as we're relying on TFs in the trenches.
I don't think Moss will see the field this year but thinking he'll need 2 years or more to reach adequate strength/size is a stretch considering our strength & nutrition staff has been revamped. I'd be willing to bet by next spring he's gonna be up 25-30 pounds from his current weight in conjunction with considerable strength/power increase.

Say what you want but coach is always in there where the action is at
Yeah, I know. I’m not questioning his football acumen. He’s an excellent Coach, IMO. ****, I’ve watch his videos on zone blocking. Sometimes though, you just forget how small he is, compared to the absolutely huge guys that he’s coaching.

Cyrus supposed to be getting ready for prom, he supposed to be getting ****ED up right now..

I laughed when somebody yesterday said Kelly gonna take someone spot coming off an surgery and not even getting spring reps..

Bro freshman should be only counted on in supplemental role when it comes to trenches, not many gonna be major contributors this early..

Better hope we can hit jackpot in portal like Phillips or something
Actually, what would be scary like many years prior, is to watch the kid that should be at prom dominating our OL. lol

P.S…this is not me falling into the standard UM trap of claiming in the Spring how great our OL will be only to be depressed for the season. They simply have to be better though.

Joking aside, one great thing about Mirabal is how low he can get from the stance up to diagnose and coach up issues. OK, joking kind of aside.

Advertisement
Yeah, I know. I’m not questioning his football acumen. He’s an excellent Coach, IMO. ****, I’ve watch his videos on zone blocking. Sometimes though, you just forget how small he is, compared to the absolutely huge guys that he’s coaching.

The players body language says it all in just this short clip...guys are moving their a$$e$ on drills. He is well respected and it shows.

The players body language says it all in just this short clip...guys are moving their a$$e$ on drills. He is well respected and it shows.
The entire pace of practice has changed. Everyone is hustling in groups and in between groups. The switch has been flipped, fellas. The “culture” that has permeated this program for the last few years, is dying (Thanks Mario!). We’re a big boy program (er “progrum” Coach Steele) once again. Now the next step, is to put it all together on the field.

Advertisement

Lol “3 years before he starts making an impac??… I disagree and no LT should’ve played more not less bc everyone else around him not named Nesta is trash or a JAG. Moss has the talent to make an impact this year especially in passing situations. There are no Jaelan Phillips and Jermaine Johnson’s in the portal just JAGs.

I knew Cyrus was skinny coming in, but GD the pads and helmet really accentuate his scrawniness. From a sideway view he just looks like a floating helmet 🤣

All jokes aside, I think the trenches are the last place where you want to rely on true freshman. There are some rare exceptions, like Dallas Turner at Bama, but overall I know everyone is hoping we get to a place where the lineman get at least a year to develop before receiving major playing time. Enrolling early should be great for him and hopefully he gets some junk time snaps this year and then another off-season before contributing in 2023.

Lol “3 years before he starts making an impac??… I disagree and no LT should’ve played more not less bc everyone else around him not named Nesta is trash or a JAG. Moss has the talent to make an impact this year especially in passing situations. There are no Jaelan Phillips and Jermaine Johnson’s in the portal just JAGs.

Did you watch the video? Moss isn’t helping this season.

Advertisement
Back