Cane OL vs DL practice 3/12/22

Just based off these couple reps…

Jake Lichtenstein looked pretty big out there

Jordan Miller was getting worked

Cyrus Moss needs another year
Wait, what?
Miller was creating a push against nearly 700 pounds.. it’s a double team drill, he’s not supposed to be trying to beat them, just give them a good look. There’s no linebackers or DEs for the line to focus on, just the linemen.. you don’t try and be Superman and win these. Some of y’all never played ball before. He needs to come off lower and that’s it. One rep he fought through both of them to the right & would have made a tackle at the line. I posted earlier, if he can plug holes and let everyone else around him make plays this defense will be legit, this shows me he can indeed create a push and also make some plays himself.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agree with the previous comments the one thing I noticed is Seymore is a midget. He looks like a walk-on.

Wait, what?
Miller was creating a push against nearly 700 pounds.. it’s a double team drill, he’s not supposed to be trying to beat them, just give them a good look. There’s no linebackers or DEs for the line to focus on, just the linemen.. you don’t try and be Superman and win these. Some of y’all never played ball before. He needs to come off lower and that’s it. One rep he fought through both of them to the right & would have made a tackle at the line. I posted earlier, if he can plug holes and let everyone else around him make plays this defense will be legit, this shows me he can indeed create a push and also make some plays himself.

I know what the drills intention is considering it’s a 1v2 but he gave one good look. He got upfield on one of the reps and got washed out on the last two.

JMO

The O line is going to be something to contend with in the ACC...
Driving Lets Go GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cyrus supposed to be getting ready for prom, he supposed to be getting ****ED up right now..

I laughed when somebody yesterday said Kelly gonna take someone spot coming off an surgery and not even getting spring reps..

Bro freshman should be only counted on in supplemental role when it comes to trenches, not many gonna be major contributors this early..

Better hope we can hit jackpot in portal like Phillips or something
I guess some forgot he was playing HS ball a couple of months ago. The surprise and disappointment would be if he was dominating our OL in these match ups.

Advertisement
Alright .. that’s coaching ..thats U FOOTBALL we have been waiting for... we fack6king when very soon when we recruit the big dogs

Moss needs more than a year guys. Be honest. That kid is at best a RS Sophomore when he first start having impact. Kelly is a different level of development, so maybe rotates in late in the season. But we'd be insane to rely on him in any way. We need a portal rush end as much as we need a portal MBL. Chantz, Harvey and Lichtenstein will be fine. But they are not great rush ends.

Linemen should never start as true freshmen. I said it about Henderson, Flowers, Nelson, Forston, Chickillo. Jason Fox was okay, Winston okay. But they were surrounded by a heck of a lot more talent than this team has at this point. And it was desperation to start any of them. Even Taylor rotated in last season, and while I know most will disagree with me, I think he should have seen fewer snaps not more. We will not be a championship team as long as we're relying on TFs in the trenches.

Advertisement
Back