Cane Fane Battling Liver Rejection. Please Help!

Just an update for everyone. Still in the hospital. They’re trying to hold off running another liver biopsy because my numbers are trending in the right direction right now.

Trying to figure out if I’m fighting some sort of infection along with the rejection.

Keep me in your prayers!
Sorry to hear this news - was hoping for a better update. 🙁

Stay strong! 💪🏻 You are definitely in our prayers!
 
So liver enzymes spike back up again today. Unfortunately, so it looks like we are going to be doing another liver biopsy. I have an MRI right now. Liver biopsy sometime later today hopefully.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers guys!

Go Canes!
 
Grrr. Liver biopsy likely not happening u til tomorrow but at least they got the MRI done today.

Day 5 in here this time around. Ready to go home.
I'm so sorry, friend. Being in the hospital is the worst, especially when you don't have an end date in sight.

Are you getting any sleep at all? Are they still treating you well?

Sending more prayers today and will keep them going! Try to stay strong! 🙏 :neonu:
 
I'm so sorry, friend. Being in the hospital is the worst, especially when you don't have an end date in sight.

Are you getting any sleep at all? Are they still treating you well?

Sending more prayers today and will keep them going! Try to stay strong! 🙏 :neonu:
Advent Orlando Transplant team is amazing!

Sleep at the hospital is non existent but I’m having the liver biopsy tomorrow. The MRI came back with blocked ducts in the liver so now I’m just curious what the plan of attack is.

I actually feel pretty well considering.

Thank you for the kind words!

Your 9 year old is right in the heart of the season? What position does he play and what is the record so far?

Go Canes!
 
Just an update. The 2nd liver biopsy came back today showing more rejection. They have me on heavy IV steroids which is messing with my blood sugar. So now I’m also getting insulin shots.

Not sure what the plan is if the steroids don’t work but it will be a week tomorrow in here again and the doctor is saying at least 3/4 more days.

I’m so grateful to all who have donated or shared. Especially appreciative of all the kind words while Ove been in here.

For anyone just seeing this now if you can’t donate please share the gofundme link with your community or local churches that might be able to help. God Bless! Go Canes!
 
Advent Orlando Transplant team is amazing!

Sleep at the hospital is non existent but I’m having the liver biopsy tomorrow. The MRI came back with blocked ducts in the liver so now I’m just curious what the plan of attack is.

I actually feel pretty well considering.

Thank you for the kind words!

Your 9 year old is right in the heart of the season? What position does he play and what is the record so far?

Go Canes!
So glad they are good to you - it really makes such a huge difference. Sucks that you aren't getting any sleep, but I kinda figured that was the case, and at least you are feeling okay.

And I'm so sorry to hear about the biopsy results. More medicine on top of more medicine on top of more medicine is always a nightmare. Fingers crossed that there is a light at the end of the tunnel soon!

Did you get to watch a lot of games this weekend? Was a good one for us to have a bye with all the upsets. 🤣

And unfortunately, my son's season looks to be winding down in the next few weeks as they won't be making the playoffs this year. They are 0-7 with just two more weeks left. It's a good learning experience for him though, as it's the first year he hasn't been to the championship (he's been taking it very well!). This year he plays DT, but he has also played C / LT / LG too. He prefers defense though, because he loves to tackle.

🙏:neonu:
 
So glad they are good to you - it really makes such a huge difference. Sucks that you aren't getting any sleep, but I kinda figured that was the case, and at least you are feeling okay.

And I'm so sorry to hear about the biopsy results. More medicine on top of more medicine on top of more medicine is always a nightmare. Fingers crossed that there is a light at the end of the tunnel soon!

Did you get to watch a lot of games this weekend? Was a good one for us to have a bye with all the upsets. 🤣

And unfortunately, my son's season looks to be winding down in the next few weeks as they won't be making the playoffs this year. They are 0-7 with just two more weeks left. It's a good learning experience for him though, as it's the first year he hasn't been to the championship (he's been taking it very well!). This year he plays DT, but he has also played C / LT / LG too. He prefers defense though, because he loves to tackle.

🙏:neonu:
I am keeping spirits high and hoping these doses of medicine do the trick!

Yes I was able to watch most of the games. It was a great weekend for upsets.

Would have loved to see Indiana fall but they play OSU next week so we will see who is the real deal.

Shame with your son’s team. I was pretty blessed in little league myself. We went to the championship every year. Only lost one. I had my first losing season my junior year of high school, it’s probably a good thing he got that taste early. I wasn’t a very good loser with my first experience.

Thank you for all the support! Go Canes!
 
I’m getting a “502 Bad Gateway” message when clicking on the go fund.me link, anyone have a better way of going to the site?
 
Really? I reattached a link below. Thank you for even looking! Go Canes!

My bad brother! It failed again, then realized I have a VPN🙄. Turned it off and took care of it. Get well soon, prayers up for you!
 
I just want to say Thank You again to @DMoney and the whole Caneinsight family. I am truly honored and humbled by all of your donations and support!

It has been absolutely a miracle in this stressful time! But beyond that your kind words, prayers, and the back and forth Canes-football dialogue has been what’s keeping me going (aside from my beautiful children)!

I honestly don’t know what I would be doing without you guys!

Much Love ❤️! As always Go Canes!!!
 
Back
Top