Cane camp report (interesting what willis says about Jess and Kul)

This Calvin guy gets it.... Stop the run make teams 1 dimensional and THEN the DL can pin their ears and collect sacks. I also hope that Patke can actually coach LBs because Manny can't honestly.

I will say I don't know if our 3rd down defense will improve when Manny doesn't get our guys to play at the sticks like this:
View attachment 62912
You do know that Patke has learned everything he knows from Manny right? He’s been with Manny since he started coaching.

Advertisement
Maybe it doesn't, but his resume speaks for itself. And not all those guys were just great players coming out of HS.
The guy doing the recruiting of DL for Pinkel at Missouri had a great eye for talent. Aldon Smith and Sheldon Richardson were Tool’s best players at Missouri, and they were both incredible talents. He made is reputation coaching excellent talent at Missouri. Some of that talent was underrated coming out of HS, and whoever was doing the evaluating and recruiting there deserves credit for that.

I didn’t see any sort of tremendous growth in technique or play from anyone here during Tool’s 2 years. We had more production because we returned to a super aggressive 4-3, but that had little to do with Tool.

In fact, a weak spot in our D the last two years has been out ability to pressure the QB without bringing blitzers. We didn’t do a very good job of getting consistent heat from our front 4.

The guy doing the recruiting of DL for Pinkel at Missouri had a great eye for talent. Aldon Smith and Sheldon Richardson were Tool’s best players at Missouri, and they were both incredible talents. He made is reputation coaching excellent talent at Missouri. Some of that talent was underrated coming out of HS, and whoever was doing the evaluating and recruiting there deserves credit for that.

I didn’t see any sort of tremendous growth in technique or play from anyone here during Tool’s 2 years. We had more production because we returned to a super aggressive 4-3, but that had little to do with Tool.

In fact, a weak spot in our D the last two years has been out ability to pressure the QB without bringing blitzers. We didn’t do a very good job of getting consistent heat from our front 4.

“In fact, a weak spot in our D the last two years has been out ability to pressure the QB without bringing blitzers. We didn’t do a very good job of getting consistent heat from our front 4.”

Big facts!....

Advertisement
First off, Willis' beard game is strong.

Secondly, there's more to playing D line than shooting gaps and getting into the backfield. The defense played the run well against run heavy teams last year but they got gashed by teams that weren't necessarily great running teams. A little more consistency would be appreciated.

Great to see those who know football, i was glad when they elevated patke, cause you could tell manny was only going to coach the linebackers up so far. At least with patke, the boys will get a lil more concentrated training, while i didnt like certain things the way our linebackers played, taking poor angles in their drops in pass coverages, not aligning them up properly against clemson, against those spread concept teams, your linebackers just need to play wider in the passing lanes and bring the safties down to cover the middle. Against clemson we never really got lined up right and played to much soft coverage, to where kelly bryant was damyum near out their throwing alley oops cause the safties were split out to wide and linebackers were in to tight. This is where having jess will help, cause the d-line will gobble up the run, which will allow your linebackers to get picks.

Ill give manny a pass on his linebacker coaching simply because they all started and were effective as True freshman. But it became obvious they needed their own position coach. The othe reason im glad patke was let in, not sure how manny would feel, but he may be more effective making calls being up in the press box.

No matter what guys will be playing better just from gus and crew alone, year 3 dividends!

“In fact, a weak spot in our D the last two years has been out ability to pressure the QB without bringing blitzers. We didn’t do a very good job of getting consistent heat from our front 4.”

Big facts!....
I gave this some thought after I read ‘Chise post. I don’t think the blame should lie on th DL. Individually, all our pass rushers were above average to excellent. JJ, Trent, Garvin. Chad collapsed a lot of pockets. RJ was disruptive inside.

I think where the problem lie was QBs getting it out quickly. Esp last year, after the Toledo QB carved us up and basically gave the blueprint to the rest of the DCs on our schedule.

Our coaches can be slow to adjust. I’d like to see that change this year.

Bruh if you're playing the run, using a rip or swim move still ******* works. Did yall not see McIntosh swim constantly and beat the og and make a tfl? Like seriously. Kul is a great coach, yall just wanna **** talk because he's not here anymore. Didn't give a **** about recruiting, but dude can coach.

I hope to god Simpson keeps up the pass rush emphasis. Joe Jackson desperately needs to learn a counter move - all he has is the bull rush and the speed dip and rip to the outside.

yes, it does work, but like anything, you need variety to keep the opposition guessing.

If we never stand up a lineman and violently attack gaps with no regard to the actual play then we can effectively be schemed out of success which happened often last season.

No one(intelligent) is trashing Kul or saying he cant coach. We are saying his style left a lot ot be desired in run defense and thats a fact.

he has never had a dominant run stopping line in all of his years. I don't care about the outlier games.

Advertisement
Anyone notice Patch working St Louis? Looked like one spin move then a rip to get by him twice.

@Tee3000 bich *** tried to tell me that I couldnt deduce each coachs technique thru the drills they teach. i told this idiots that Kul had a bigger emphasis on pass rushing with rip/swim moves.. you really didnt need to hear him say it. You only had to look no further than his missouri Dlines that were NEVER KNOWN for any run stopping ability.

That's why i asked for an official 1 tech Kul has coached and Parano**** posted a bunch of has beens and nobodies because the bulk of Kuls developed players thrive at 3 tech and DE.

But it was evident in those clips the difference in teaching. Aye look. dont @ me ever again you dumb fuq. G Willz just validated me. Horses mouth , hoe.

How’s that run defense technique you claim to learn from YouTube videos work tonight you retarded piece of ****e. I mean you’re just a stupid MFer of the highest order. YouTube videos huh? I bet you think staying at a holiday Inn really makes you smart.

Don’t forget your KY jelly, floppy shoes & your red nose you *** clown.

You are proof positive that birth through the ******* into a toilet is real.

Don’t ever question me on football again in your Down’s syndrome life.

Advertisement
Back