Candidate Profile: Charlie Strong

As a Gator fan I'd say that strong is a mediocre head coach. He was mediocre at Louisville for 2 years and then did well with the number one pick at qb and faced a very weak schedule ... He is doing a pathetic job at Texas which is one of the easiest jobs in the country. He is a good DC, not head coach.

There are many much better candidates than him.... Herman, Fuente, Dino babers, butch Davis, temples coach, Gary Patterson, Mike Gundy, etc.

Advertisement
Don't look now but Corch Strong's D is getting torched again by WVU despite all his efforts to keep them off the field (Texas O has 27 runs vs 6 passes).

Insanely conservative offensively-check
Overrated defensively-check
Losing to inferior talent-check
Posters make 1000 excuses for him-check

As I was writing this, they got the ball with a minute left, 3 TOs and Corch Strong ran the clock out.

And I pray they pull this out because if he gets fired I'm sure our dumb *** decision makers will think he's a good candidate.

Last edited:
I really don't understand how Strong is even a candidate. Before he went to Texas? Sure. But now? He has proven that he does NOT have what it takes.

Has Texas ever been this bad?

In Strong's last year at Louisville he lost to UCF and beat Houston, Memphis and Cincinnati by only 7 points.

What was his signature win as Louisville? You can't tell me it was Florida under Muschamp or Miami under Golden. Oh wait 2 schools coached by coaches who got fired.

2013 Louisville Cardinals Schedule and Results | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

2012 Louisville Cardinals Schedule and Results | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

In 2009 & 2010, Butch lost to UVA (3-9), FSU (7-6), NC state (5-7), GT (6-7), & UM (7-6). Since we are diminishing close victories, in year 2+3, Butch beat a Randy-Edsall led uconn team by two points, a 4-8 Duke team by 8 points, McNesse State by 8 points, a Randy Shannon led, 7-6 Miami team by four points, and a Charle Weiss led, 7-6 notre dame team by 5 points. What was Butch's signature win at UNC? Or do we just let his results at UNC slide because of what happened fifteen years ago?

How dare you challenge the gawd Butch.

He has zero flaws.

We can only play this game if you don't bring up BBB, he's in Teflon , no issues.

Advertisement
strong is NOT a candidate for anything

he said NOT INTERESTED to Miami.

people can't read any more ?

I really don't understand how Strong is even a candidate. Before he went to Texas? Sure. But now? He has proven that he does NOT have what it takes.

Has Texas ever been this bad?

They haven't had back to back losing seasons since 88-89

Advertisement
This Texas team sucks! These kids are fragile turnover machines and anybody with eyes can see it. Butch Strong 1a 1b

This isn't looking good for us. Corch giving up 38 today and going to fall to 4-6.

I hope Flake has more sense then some on this board.

No idea wtf is going on with UT and Strong's coordinators...TTU and Baylor remain on the schedule, they may not make a bowl. Not sure he's returning next yr.

Today his team looked like a facsimile of an Al Golden corched team. It was as if he was corching to limit the amount of points by which TX would lose.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back