Can we talk about Patke?

Striker position is one of the positions that seems to be actually making plays out there. Finley always seems to be making plays, and Frierson has had had his moments. If Baxa had any consistency at all ( talking about short FG's, Xp's) this team would be undefeated in spite of all the other BS that has gone on.

Advertisement
Tackling yes. But just like Stroud &Barry & banda etc. They are responsible for any people and their actions under his watch. His special teams have directly cost us 2 games so far this year & almost 1 other. That's not an improvement

STs is just more than kicking field goals as you know. It's KO coverage, it's PR coverage, it's punting, it's having the right gunners, it's blocking for returns, etc. I think a lot of those things have been improvements by in large over last year.

The VTech TE went across the field across 4 different players' line of sight on the last TD, 2 of them being the senior LBs. You think at this point, it takes additional coaching for them to be able to shout out a man going across the field? I thought that gets taught starting in pee wee.

I guess we have different standards for the players, then.

Have you ever thought about the possibilities of coaches potentially not practicing certain plays all week and then make a few of these calls during the game and kids aren’t prepared?? Of course the kids messed up but who’s teaching them? Just think out of the box a little.

My wife tells me what she wants done but doesn’t take the time to give me the details I need to do it the proper way in her eyes. She gets home job is complete and she flips a **** because it’s not done correctly in her eyes. She’s poor and sharing, teaching and describing to me how she expects it to be done. IF she took that time and coached me up properly I’d do it correct all the time. I’m sure the coaches do a lot of yelling and at some point as a husband or player you don’t give a bleep what they are yelling about and just go through motions.

Ps I love her and she’s an amazing woman

Amazing to me that a young kid does not know how to relate to kids.

FWIW, I think STs has been a big improvement over recent years (Baxa notwithstanding).
Texas guy born and raised (like Banda/baker) trying to relate to south Florida guys, I’m not shocked

Texas guy born and raised (like Banda/baker) trying to relate to south Florida guys, I’m not shocked

Eh, that's not it. JJ and Butch were some of the best at relating to sofla kids. Randy Shannon was awful at relating to sofla kids.

Advertisement
Eh, that's not it. JJ and Butch were some of the best at relating to sofla kids. Randy Shannon was awful at relating to sofla kids.
Jj and butch were a different breed, those guys ain’t that

Romeo’s been our best player on defense two years in a row and nearly all special teams units besides field goals are much improved. Not sure what he can do to fix Baxa but it is time to let the backup take some reps
our back up walk on is on suspension

Missed PATs, Fields, massive drop in LB production under his watch and his also a CO - defensive coordinator
I hear ya, but I don't think you can blame Baxa being a mental nut case on him.

He has nothing to do with the ILBs -- Shaq and Mike -- as Baker is their position coach. Patke only coaches the strikers -- aka Finley and Frierson.

Also, I'm pretty sure he's not a co-dc anymore. I think it's just Banda, while Patke handles special teams.

I do think he's a wasted coaching spot, but some of the criticism is unfair.

Advertisement

This myth that our coaches need to be from some special slice of society to relate to "south FL kids" is getting pretty old. "South FL kids" seem to sign and develop under the watch of all kinds of coaches from all corners of the country.

Advertisement
Definitely think he’s a wasted spot. How is he messing up special teams, in your opinion?

By being a coach he is messing up special teams....Our special teams and kickers have sucked for about 3 years now...and we dont have a special teams only coach....because we have this clown coaching "Strikers" and ren n stimpy corching DBS. Its pretty simple. WTF is Patke gonna tell Baxa about kicking?. Matter of fact...any 1 on our staff?. Do they even know how to evaluate that spot?.

Have you ever thought about the possibilities of coaches potentially not practicing certain plays all week and then make a few of these calls during the game and kids aren’t prepared?? Of course the kids messed up but who’s teaching them? Just think out of the box a little.

My wife tells me what she wants done but doesn’t take the time to give me the details I need to do it the proper way in her eyes. She gets home job is complete and she flips a **** because it’s not done correctly in her eyes. She’s poor and sharing, teaching and describing to me how she expects it to be done. IF she took that time and coached me up properly I’d do it correct all the time. I’m sure the coaches do a lot of yelling and at some point as a husband or player you don’t give a bleep what they are yelling about and just go through motions.

Ps I love her and she’s an amazing woman
When Pinckney was asked last year after the FSU game about his INT, he said he saw the TE tunnel screen coming because FSU ran that same play earlier in the game for 20+ yards. He recognized it and undercut the route for the pick. VTech ran the same TE throwback at least 4, maybe 5 times, we didn't adjust one time. Again, you can talk scheme failure, you can talk coaching, but where is the recognition awareness from the guys who are supposed to be the most experienced guys on the field? It can't be the players when things are great and the coaches when things are bad. Doesn't work that way.

When Pinckney was asked last year after the FSU game about his INT, he said he saw the TE tunnel screen coming because FSU ran that same play earlier in the game for 20+ yards. He recognized it and undercut the route for the pick. VTech ran the same TE throwback at least 4, maybe 5 times, we didn't adjust one time. Again, you can talk scheme failure, you can talk coaching, but where is the recognition awareness from the guys who are supposed to be the most experienced guys on the field? It can't be the players when things are great and the coaches when things are bad. Doesn't work that way.

I for one have never given the players a ton of credit for the play, I always given for Mannys style a scheming. I’ve heard on a few occasions the past 2 years plays had been called and not practiced and usually result for large runs or plays. The TE plays you are referring to I agree, even if it wasn’t practiced (I don’t know if that one was either way) by the second time the player should know.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back