Can we talk about Patke?

Advertisement
Patke is a LB’s coach. I don’t consider Romeo a LB. Either way, he doesn’t belong here.
And I respect that, but just know that he only works with the OLBs. Baker works with the ILBs — aka Shaq and Mike — like Diaz did last year.

They have? Lol

Fooled me.

Muffed punt.
Fake punt on us.
Zero return game at all.
Above average punting.
Awful kicking game.

This is clean?

There are basically no KO returns in college football anymore. What few there have been, Thomas is averaging 25 yards a return, which places him top 25-30 nationally. Last year it seemed like we were penalized on every punt and KO return, this year I have a hard time remembering any.

To say punting (45.6 per game) and punt coverage (5.0 yds per return) have improved dramatically from last year is an understatment. Yes we had a fake punt against but Thomas' muffed punt wasn't a coaching issue it was player error.

Like I said Baxa is a lost cause on FGs and PATs, but there have been very few decent KO returns against him and he regularly kicks it through the end zone.

So yeah, it's cleaner overall.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Now Banda I’ve heard he’s your best friend during recruiting process and for some of the guys once they sign he’s not really a player favorite. I’ve heard him referred to being fake and just one of those guys that blows hot air up your *** and then flips and doesn’t really stick up for players and some plain lose trust with him. Also not very knowledge on X and Os

Also, correct me if I’m wrong, @dsddcane, but didn’t you say he’s one of the brighter coaches on staff? And that he knows his ****?
Yes absolutely. I said he knows his ****. But I also said he has zero experience and doesnt relate well to the kids. Anotherwords he has no clue YET how to implement his knowledge

Hickson, I haven’t heard anything about good or bad, but WE NEVER HEAR about him and personally I would take that as a problem. I know we have Chaney committed for now but I don’t think that’s because of him. Usually RB coaches or guys that can recruit and are respected with Hickson he seems to be in a black hole

Advertisement
I’m pretty confident that the only individual on the whole staff that has any pull or sense of recruiting is Field. Another huge problem, Banda is the sales guy but he’s failed miserably on all big targets (I know it’s an uphill battle) but if dude can’t coach and land studs 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Butch Barry, I personally haven’t held him accountable at all just because of how young or OL is and how poor recruiting has been. I’ve put more of the blame on Enos and his play calling, BUT man it’s definitely some of his fault, the line looks like booty and from these clips seems like non of them know assignments. To me that means Barry isn’t teaching in a way to make it easy for them to learn, or they don’t respect him and players aren’t listening or maybe he just isn’t cut out to coach OL.

Yes absolutely. I said he knows his ****. But I also said he has zero experience and doesnt relate well to the kids. Anotherwords he has no clue YET how to implement his knowledge

And with you always saying that, with him lacking experience why the F*** is he coaching special teams

Advertisement
Butch Barry, I personally haven’t held him accountable at all just because of how young or OL is and how poor recruiting has been. I’ve put more of the blame on Enos and his play calling, BUT man it’s definitely some of his fault, the line looks like booty and from these clips seems like non of them know assignments. To me that means Barry isn’t teaching in a way to make it easy for them to learn, or they don’t respect him and players aren’t listening or maybe he just isn’t cut out to coach OL.
Butch Barry was absolutely a terrible hire. People were slurping up that NFL resume. Nevermind that he was an ASSISTANT line coach to one of the league's worst OL. Nevermind that his only experience before that was at CMU. Oh look, he was another one of Enos MAC buddies.

@dsddcane @apfenny3 who has final say so on who plays during the game at each position? Would it be position coaches? OC or DC or HC? And whatever the answer is, is that normal for most Big time Big 5 programs?

Butch Barry was absolutely a terrible hire. People were slurping up that NFL resume. Nevermind that he was an ASSISTANT line coach to one of the league's worst OL. Nevermind that his only experience before that was at CMU. Oh look, he was another one of Enos MAC buddies.

Listen I went to CMU for college and they’ve had some quality coaches but that was ALL during the Brian Kelly era. It’s real bothersome that Enos brought on two of his position coaches from CMU to coach at Miami when neither have done much since they left him at CMU

Advertisement
Back