Can We Put Jeff Thomas Back At Punt Return

Advertisement
I don’t know why our coaches don’t play the best players.
I'm not going to read the 6 pages on this, I'm just going to shoot from the hip. He's not good on punt returns. He's not shifty. That's it, he's not shifty and you need to be shifty on PR. You see it on offense, he's fast af and can get open, but he's not going to juke guys out of the play. He might be ok on KR where speed is more important, but PR is about creating an opportunity, and that's not his strength.

I'm not going to read the 6 pages on this, I'm just going to shoot from the hip. He's not good on punt returns. He's not shifty. That's it, he's not shifty and you need to be shifty on PR. You see it on offense, he's fast af and can get open, but he's not going to juke guys out of the play. He might be ok on KR where speed is more important, but PR is about creating an opportunity, and that's not his strength.
kinda like being a shoplifter at WalMart and escaping the security guys

Toilet is trolling. In fairness, we had a cavalcade of idiots complaining about Berrios on punt returns. Thomas is a joke compared to Berrios on the punt team and now KJ is doing an excellent job. Job 1 is catch and secure the ball. Thomas failed.

Advertisement
I usually don't **** on the hot takes on here. But this one is bad. It is night and day difference between Osborn and anyone else that has returned punts this year for us. He is a North and South guy that hits the hole hard. I love watching him back there.

He also isn't scared to not fair catch the ball when pressure is on him because he can make him miss. Something we have been missing since Berrios used to fair catch everything. It's been a pleasure the last 3 games and I wish he would have been back there from the start.

Absolutely nobody: we should play kosi over jarren. Kosi arm strength rating is like a 95 on NCAA..jarren only a 88. It translates to real life!

@ToiletWater: I totally agree!

I usually don't **** on the hot takes on here. But this one is bad. It is night and day difference between Osborn and anyone else that has returned punts this year for us. He is a North and South guy that hits the hole hard. I love watching him back there.

He also isn't scared to not fair catch the ball when pressure is on him because he can make him miss. Something we have been missing since Berrios used to fair catch everything. It's been a pleasure the last 3 games and I wish he would have been back there from the start.
Is it just me or did we improve our Punt Return blocking? Seems like prior, the other team **** near would beat the ball down and give our returners no room to catch and run

Advertisement
That is because teams kick to him. They try to keep the ball out of Jeff Thomas hand
Yo you actually believe the bs you type..I commend you. Through all the satire, sarcasm and absolute shredding of your opening statement..you still defend it
1573490303300.gif

Is it just me or did we improve our Punt Return blocking? Seems like prior, the other team **** near would beat the ball down and give our returners no room to catch and run
KJ is much better at making something out of nothing on a punt return. He's far more shifty than JT. I can see putting JT back on kickoff returns, but his pure speed but lack of wiggle makes him a poor punt returner.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back