Can We Put Jeff Thomas Back At Punt Return

It’s the truth. The team is on a 3 game winning streak, just obliterated a team that basically every pundit had as a Top 3 team in the conference (not saying much, but still) and you wake up with your first thought being “Let’s replace the #2 punt returner in America with a kid who cost us the gator game.” What? I just pray these people are trolling because if not I’m absolutely terrified I have to share a planet with these mouth-breathing ****heads.
Sometimes I swear you post my exact thoughts.

Advertisement
Advertisement
KJ Osborn is averaging 19 yards per punt return.

If he had enough returns to qualify nationally, that number would rank #2 in the entire country.

I want to shoot so many of our fans into the ******* sun. The most clueless, uneducated, whiny retards you could possibly imagine.
You can’t seriously say Osborn is a better returner than Jeff. Jeff is dynamic as a returner. Teams went out of their way not to even punt to him

UPDATED RETURN STATS

Osborn 8 returns for 152 yards and a 19.9 average
Thomas 5 returns for 44 yards and an 8.8 average

Osborn is more productive and has in fact returned more kicks in fewer games.r
That is because teams kick to him. They try to keep the ball out of Jeff Thomas hand

Osborne has been effective & more sure handed than Thomas. KJ just looks really weird on his returns. I've never seen a return guy come to a dead stop during a return as much as KJ does. He does it almost every return.

But Thomas averaged 24.6 yds per return his last year. His last 2 returns this year went for 16 & 29 yards. His first 3 this season just weren't good and happened to go for -1 total yds.

Thomas is a really good PR, and I'd personally use him over KJ, but I think KJ is good too. People put too much stock into whatever they saw in the last game. Players have good and bad games. Their last game isn't exactly who they are.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LOL crap comments from a toilet what a surprise . KJ is BY FAR better and more reliable then JT . For all of JT3 talent he is missing something as guys like Hartley and Wiggins are surpassing him and that is on him not the staff.

There is literally no argument for the JT3 vs KJ punt thing though as KJ has been solid and you have zero concern about him muffing one and he breaks one for 25-40 yards every game lately.

Advertisement
Jeff has dropped one punt. Forget being safe, I want a game changer back there

That "game changer" got his *** suspended for a few games for a second straight year in a row—after leaving the program and being welcomed back.

He's lucky that Manny Diaz cares about him as a person and is trying to help the troubled kid, as he'd be gone, otherwise.

Harley called him out in that pre-FSU team meeting for being selfish and not working hard enough, as well. Guys like Osborn, Wiggins and Harley are working their asses off, while Thomas rests on his laurels and God-given natural talent.

Kid doesn't get it and probably never well as he's been troubled since his high school days in St. Louis.

Advertisement
Neither was Berrios. You know what Berrios didn't do? Give games away by muffing punts on the 10 yard line

This! I remember all the blubbering on here earlier in the season about missing a solid, dependable and smart returner back there and how much we miss BB8. Now, we have someone like that and the never satisfied fans want a 'potential threat' back there. Enough with the what ifs - KJ is amazing back there, move on

Advertisement
Back