Can We Put Jeff Thomas Back At Punt Return

Advertisement
Other than VT he’s pretty much right. Osborne makes plays **** near every game , Thomas 1-2 a year lol

Let’s actually look at his stats instead of just spitting out hot takes though.
4A069A5C-5766-4219-A4F5-AE6DBB189206.jpeg

The muff against uf and 2 returns against Bethune when he was tackled as soon as he caught the ball brings down his average. His last two returns he has made something happen.

I’m not comparing the 2. I won’t play that game because KJ is getting it done. I will say that I like his awareness and consistency so I don’t mind KJ at all. But to act like JT a horrible return man is false. He is just feast or famine

Advertisement
Thomas just doesn’t look comfortable returning punts back there . Fair catches way too much that he has minimal impact (unless turning it over) in field position.

Good move by staff to get someone else who at least has more sense when he can make a return or not. Is KJ elite as a punt returner? No. But he gives you more back there than JT4 has.

Thomas just doesn’t look comfortable returning punts back there . Fair catches way too much that he has minimal impact (unless turning it over) in field position.

Good move by staff to get someone else who at least has more sense when he can make a return or not. Is KJ elite as a punt returner? No. But he gives you more back there than JT4 has.

He is more than solid on punt return. He catches it well and makes them pay when there is room. However, imo we should have more of a burner in the primary KR role.

Advertisement
Apparently, Jeff's brother was killed last night during the game which is why he didn't play the second half. (from what I've heard)

Jeff Thomas vs Loserville cover team I would take over KJ period.

Why? His performance punt returning has been abysmal, save one game. Statistically one of the worst punt returners in the ACC, if not the nation. You make no sense. And I’m not banging on the guy, he just hasn’t performed as a returner. These are the facts.

Yet the guy that has replaced him has statistically proven to be better. There is no question. Facts again.

You’ve given no logical reason to use him.

Advertisement
Kj has been more consistent. Thomas is more dangerous because of his speed. If kj had thomas speed he probably would have ran a couple of those punts back.

KJ has played himself into being a draft pick. JT has played himself into a free agent.

Not to pile too much onto JT, but he did cost us the FL. game with the muffed punt and the drop in the end zone.

Advertisement
Why? His performance punt returning has been abysmal, save one game. Statistically one of the worst punt returners in the ACC, if not the nation. You make no sense. And I’m not banging on the guy, he just hasn’t performed as a returner. These are the facts.

Yet the guy that has replaced him has statistically proven to be better. There is no question. Facts again.

Your right numbers wise I still like to go with the most explosive and exciting guy. That's just me though I'm not the HC

JT's career at Miami - 14 punt returns - 18.9 yd average - 1 TD
KJ's career at Miami - 8 punt returns - 19.0 yd average - 0 TD

To only look at JT's 5 PR's this year is selling him short. That's such a small sample size.

JT is boom or bust. KJ is more consistent but less explosive. Both are good returners - it's just a matter of preference.

Advertisement
Back