Can we gwt some baseball news on here

Advertisement
How in the world can some of you say we will be better built for the postseason? We have 2 unknowns in the outfield and as of this moment have zero power retuning. We return 2 players (if Ruiz comes back) that hit over .300 last year, and guess what, hitting is what caused us to go home this year.

How in the world can some of you say we will be better built for the postseason? We have 2 unknowns in the outfield and as of this moment have zero power retuning. We return 2 players (if Ruiz comes back) that hit over .300 last year, and guess what, hitting is what caused us to go home this year.

Thank you

The crack now a days is pretty strong lol [MENTION=621]Miami04[/MENTION]

prepare for brian to find a way to dissect your comment into 45 different qoutes

Last edited:
Too many question marks to say we will be better than these last couple of years, pitching will be better, but the offense is what my main concern is, we lost all of our power bats

Both Cooley and Tackett are power hitters.

Amditis has very good power potential as well

Advertisement
Too many question marks to say we will be better than these last couple of years, pitching will be better, but the offense is what my main concern is, we lost all of our power bats

Doesn't mean it'll translate to D1 baseball...they're coming from leagues where the average fastball is probably around 85 mph to a conference loaded with pitchers who'll probably be drafted

Doesn't mean it'll translate to D1 baseball...they're coming from leagues where the average fastball is probably around 85 mph to a conference loaded with pitchers who'll probably be drafted

So we can be cautiously optimistic!!

The crack now a days is pretty strong lol [MENTION=621]Miami04[/MENTION]

prepare for brian to find a way to dissect your comment into 45 different qoutes
I don't know why we're even analyzing this at all. It's all random, anyway.

Advertisement
We do have the makings of a solid team for 2017. But I'm not as sold one the pitching as everybody else. That depends a great deal on Lepore making the leap to weekend starter, and Cabezas mastering pitching on this level. The ceiling for the projected staff is higher than what we had this past year, but it's counting chickens early to expect it. The incoming class looks really good though. How good they are when they show up, along with how well Cabezas and Lepore adapt as weekend starters determines if this team will be good enough to win the ACC, and have a shot at Omaha, or just be a borderline top 25 squad.

I loved watching Cabezas pitch every time he came in. I thought he had the best stuff on the staff (that slider). He is going to have to learn how to keep the pitches down but I think your looking at an ace in the making

Whos to say they start or their game is going to translate well, cant say we are better

I loved watching Cabezas pitch every time he came in. I thought he had the best stuff on the staff (that slider). He is going to have to learn how to keep the pitches down but I think your looking at an ace in the making

yea, but his accuracy is inconsistent with it and his game revolves around it as well so when he struggles with it, his pitch counts raises and he can struggle to get people out...hence why it was a good move to play in Cape Cod

Advertisement

yea, but his accuracy is inconsistent with it and his game revolves around it as well so when he struggles with it, his pitch counts raises and he can struggle to get people out...hence why it was a good move to play in Cape Cod

He's not starting on the Cape, so he's really doing short burst outings when he plays. Having good success though.

He's not starting on the Cape, so he's really doing short burst outings when he plays. Having good success though.

I wish he was starting to get his arm stretched out for next season. He needs to be a weekend starter.

Do you know anything about high level JUCO baseball?

Guys playing in the Panhandle Conference are competing against a bunch of future pros. The competition level is very good.

Advertisement
Actual news: Ruiz says he's 99% coming back. Would be huge to have that senior in middle of infield.

Actual news: Ruiz says he's 99% coming back. Would be huge to have that senior in middle of infield.

I agree. That is usually the case. But I think it might be late as well and he was a 28th rounder, not a top 10 guy, so not sure the leverage is there to negotiate that much. We could use him back.

Any news on Rios?

Do you know anything about high level JUCO baseball?

Guys playing in the Panhandle Conference are competing against a bunch of future pros. The competition level is very good.

Some are future pros...don't argue with me about the panhandle conference...I have two cousins that play for chipola college

Advertisement
Back