Can we gwt some baseball news on here

Advertisement
Anyone have any info on how our guys are doing with their summer teams? I know Chester and Mediavilla where supposed to play in the Cape.. Not sure of they made it or not.

Andrew Cabezas is supposed to be with the Bourne Braves in the Cape, but hasn't pitched yet. No longer appears on their roster, either. Could just have decided to skip the summer league.

There are no other Canes currently on a roster in the Cape.

Want further illustration of how bad North Carolina underachieved this year? Check out the Cape rosters, where there are no less than 10 North Carolina players present out there this summer. Crazy how much talent is on that team.

If you bet on college baseball (or even can legally bet on college baseball), they'd be a great flier for over/under or at the very least significant improvement over this season.

I can back everything he said but the Cabezas news, my buddies don't know anything about that.

Cabezas pitched for the Bourne Braves today. Sat 89-91 and was throwing that frisbee slider to righties. He looked good.

Here's a tidbit from D1Baseball on Cabezas.

Andrew Cabezas (2018, RHP, Miami) looked very sharp in his Cape Cod League debut, showing total command of three pitches and proving adept at pitching backwards and mixing speeds. This did not look like a pitcher just coming off his freshman season. Cabezas worked at 89-91 mph with his fastball from a three-quarter arm slot, generating late sinking action and running his fastball inside on righties. He topped at 92 a handful of times. His slot makes him especially difficult on those righty batters, but his changeup gave him a legitimate weapon against lefties as well. He threw the changeup at 82-84 and it showed late sinking action to his arm side. Cabezas’ big weapon, however, is his breaking ball. A sharp, abrupt glove side turning slider, Cabezas’ breaking ball goes beyond the typical low slot “frisbee”. It’s a two plane offering at 78-81 mph and it showed true plus action on Sunday and he consistently spotted it to both sides of the plate. With his command of it, he’s going to be late inning weapon at any level of baseball.

Advertisement
If Cabezas can pitch up to his potential, the starting rotation in 2017 should be really good.

Fri: Cabezas
Sat: Mediavilla
Sun: Lepore

Weekday: Lots of options here. Probably either Sosa or Pimentel, but any of the 3 top freshmen (Studstill, Veliz, Mckendry) are also possibilities

I really have my fingers crossed on Ruiz. If he stays and moves to SS do you think Michalangele moves to 2B and Romy gets 3rd???

IMHO Romy doesn't have the bat speed to be the everyday 3rd baseman we need. I think he's going to find ACC pitching a continuing struggle if he stays. I only got to see him live once, so maybe I came away with the wrong impression.

I really have my fingers crossed on Ruiz. If he stays and moves to SS do you think Michalangele moves to 2B and Romy gets 3rd???

IMHO Romy doesn't have the bat speed to be the everyday 3rd baseman we need. I think he's going to find ACC pitching a continuing struggle if he stays. I only got to see him live once, so maybe I came away with the wrong impression.
Well, I mean--that's something Romy can work on. Michelangeli wasn't some walk-off HR master his first few years here. He got rolling as a better bat in the lineup starting in the ACC Tourney this year, really.

Just have to be patient with some of these kids, let them develop.

Well, I mean--that's something Romy can work on. Michelangeli wasn't some walk-off HR master his first few years here. He got rolling as a better bat in the lineup starting in the ACC Tourney this year, really.

Just have to be patient with some of these kids, let them develop.

I'm guessing Romy won't start full-time until his junior year, which is fine. 2 seasons of Summer ball should do wonders for him.

If Ruiz is back, this is likely the IF:

1B: Barr
2B: Batista
SS: Ruiz
3B: Michelangeli
C: Amditis

Advertisement
looking how Chester, Ruiz and Mich. improved from last year to this year im really hoping Romy can make the same kind of jump. Early in the year when he was playing he showed he had some pop just couldn't seem to figure it out.

Saw the Baseball America prediction today that doesn't even put us in the top 16.....SMDH

looking how Chester, Ruiz and Mich. improved from last year to this year im really hoping Romy can make the same kind of jump. Early in the year when he was playing he showed he had some pop just couldn't seem to figure it out.

Saw the Baseball America prediction today that doesn't even put us in the top 16.....SMDH

Next years team is really going to surprise people. We won't be a top-3 regular season team again, but we should be built better for post-season ball than the 2015 or 16 team.

We'll have great speed, an excellent defense, and a deep pitching staff. We won't have the power or the ace closer, but those 2 things didn't help us in Omaha anyways.

Next years team is really going to surprise people. We won't be a top-3 regular season team again, but we should be built better for post-season ball than the 2015 or 16 team.

We'll have great speed, an excellent defense, and a deep pitching staff. We won't have the power or the ace closer, but those 2 things didn't help us in Omaha anyways.

LMAO

Advertisement

LMAO

?

Have anything to actually contribute?

LMAO

?

Have anything to actually contribute?

We had a first rounder in the middle of our line up and lost most of our line up how is that going to make us better and better in the post season?

I agree that the pitching, barring injuries, should be much better and deeper next year. Biggest question mark by far is how the frosh is going to replace Zack at catcher. Zack leaves a massive hole in the lineup. All our power is gone. The infield defense should still be pretty good assuming Ruiz can move to ss. Supposedly the juco outfielders coming in are good, but Abreu's power will be tough to replace.

Advertisement
If the JUCO guys can come in and produce the way Iskadarian did we will be fine. The rotation ILCanes2011 posted a couple days ago is night and day better than last years. I knew going into the tourney leaning on Garcia was going to hurt and it did. This all boils down to what 3 can get out of these boys between now and Feb.

And Ill take that any day

I agree that the pitching, barring injuries, should be much better and deeper next year. Biggest question mark by far is how the frosh is going to replace Zack at catcher. Zack leaves a massive hole in the lineup. All our power is gone. The infield defense should still be pretty good assuming Ruiz can move to ss. Supposedly the juco outfielders coming in are good, but Abreu's power will be tough to replace.

Agree

Too many question marks to say we will be better than these last couple of years, pitching will be better, but the offense is what my main concern is, we lost all of our power bats

Woodrey and D Garcia are jags and B. Garcia was pretty good, but far from a light's out closer. I'm good with Bartow closing next year. We didn't lose a single pitcher that will be missed.

Advertisement
Back