Can we call a Spade a Spade on Bubba Bolden?

Canes91

Freshman
I'm not sure if this has been touched on (I'm sure it has) but i don't keep up on the board like that but......
On a team full of bad tacklers he might be thee worst. Our Safeties never make plays on the ball in the passing game either.
Why is he so hyped? Before the season i heard some ppl saying he could go 2nd round. I don't see that at all!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Shame given that this is probably not going to help the argument we need to make with players that have eligibility remaining to come back...

He's decent in run support and an absolute liability in coverage.
This is how I feel also.. But I think it has to do with scheme and NO LINEBACKERS.. Our scheme and terrible LB play puts sooooooo much pressure on the safeties to do everything. I shouldnt have my safeties having to make 100 tackles a game, the lb play is nonexistent.. When you are sitting there thinking you have to make every tackle, you fall for play action and/or play fakes way more often.. Defense is a mess overall, DBs get the worst of it because casual fans dont see the nonexistent lb take bad steps or reads but everyone sees when DBs mess up

fact is that he did what average players do against us weekly for a short 3 game stretch and people were calling him ed reed and elite like our idiotic fan base does. I’m not super high on him but when he is fully checked in and ANYONE on our team plays assignment football he is a pretty decent box defender. Shouldn’t play on pass downs IMO

Advertisement
Well, in the article Barry J posted a few days ago where he spoke to an NFL Scout..the scout said Bolden was only one of a few guys on the whole team who could make an NFL roster.

I just think hes being asked to do too much. If he had Jaquan Johnson as his running mate back there he would look like an All ACC safety.

Hall is doing him zero favors.

We got 99 problems, Bolden aint one right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Like a strong majority of our players, for years now, he is regressing because he is not being put in position to succeed.

We literally asked this guy to cover tutu Atwell in this defense. Tutu fuqin Atwell.

You have to use the guy like Pete used Kam, like FSU used Derwin, lebeau used Troy.

UM has been TERRIBLE AT PERSONNEL PLACEMENT. Even when we have guys in their correct positions, we call plays that highlight their flaws.

Like asking Mallory to block knowing **** well he's a liability 😢

Advertisement
Back