Can we be civil?

fraggle

Senile Senior
The Hurricanes are my team and have been for over 60 years. What did anyone expect going into the year? The loss to Alabama was expected and we played better then the score. I think that game damaged the team psychologically. We then BEAT APP St a team that last year Penn State had to go to overtime to win 45-38 so they were not chopped liver and after the Bama loss was to be expected. Michigan St was a disaster but not until the 4th quarter where the wheels fell off but Mich St is a drastically improved team from last year, they have the leading rusher in the nation. Sure I am disappointed but teams learn from non-conference competition and we have time to fix what's broke before we start and we start with a home ACC game. Our main competition started the ACC with a loss. If we bomb out in the ACC then we move on from there via drastic changes but UNTIL then lets support our team. If we win the Coastal Clemson is vulnerable this year so we could have a dramatic reversal IF our team gets its confidence back. Sure it will take some doing but anything is possible. The rips on Diaz is his inexperience so do we have him gain experience here and leave or hope that he is learning and can be the coach so many of us EXPECTED. I am not for throwing the baby out with the wash water. Our season is the ACC now, let it play out and then make the necessary changes. I for one want this team to succeed, it is a great challenge but we are capable. I will never root for losses as some here are. I am excited to see Garcia or TVD step up and take charge of this team, our success should be in their hands and they seem capable. GO CANES!

Advertisement
The Hurricanes are my team and have been for over 60 years. What did anyone expect going into the year? The loss to Alabama was expected and we played better then the score. I think that game damaged the team psychologically. We then BEAT APP St a team that last year Penn State had to go to overtime to win 45-38 so they were not chopped liver and after the Bama loss was to be expected. Michigan St was a disaster but not until the 4th quarter where the wheels fell off but Mich St is a drastically improved team from last year, they have the leading rusher in the nation. Sure I am disappointed but teams learn from non-conference competition and we have time to fix what's broke before we start and we start with a home ACC game. Our main competition started the ACC with a loss. If we bomb out in the ACC then we move on from there via drastic changes but UNTIL then lets support our team. If we win the Coastal Clemson is vulnerable this year so we could have a dramatic reversal IF our team gets its confidence back. Sure it will take some doing but anything is possible. The rips on Diaz is his inexperience so do we have him gain experience here and leave or hope that he is learning and can be the coach so many of us EXPECTED. I am not for throwing the baby out with the wash water. Our season is the ACC now, let it play out and then make the necessary changes. I for one want this team to succeed, it is a great challenge but we are capable. I will never root for losses as some here are. I am excited to see Garcia or TVD step up and take charge of this team, our success should be in their hands and they seem capable. GO CANES!
"The rips on Diaz is his inexperience"

Respectfully....the rips on Diaz are more than just his inexperience.

Sunshine pumpers trying their Jedi mind tricks again. I don't think you get that we aren't fixing what's broken. The baby goes.

obi-wan kenobi not the droids GIF

Last edited:
Personal attacks
gun middle finger GIF

Advertisement
This is the most experienced team in about 10 years and the most talented since 2017, and somehow you want to rationalize losing to Mich ST at home by 21? You got battered woman syndrome...

Advertisement
Love the positive attitude, wish I could share it. I just don't see a rudder to turn this thing around in its current iteration.

Advertisement
If you watched the first 3 games and still feel like we have a shot in the ACC then idk what to tell you. Enjoy the rest of the season I guess.

For those of us that are realists, we know what time it is. Punt the baby off a cliff.

Last edited:
You will probably get some negative comments for this but you are just being honest and sharing your thoughts so it’s cool.

I will say this.

A lot of people here and a lot of people with a better understanding of football than 90% of the people here, have demonstrated over and over that there are serious issues with this team that go beyond the simple observations of many. And these issues cannot just be explained away by saying a team is or was better or tougher than we thought.

Looking beyond stats and the scores we have seen, at the most basic fundamental level, there are serious issues with this team. I think it is widely understood by most, and many more are starting to realize, that these issues have to be fixed before we can start thinking of a successful season.

Sorry to say, but at this time, there is simply no faith that this coach and staff can fix these issues in time to save this season. Even if staff wanted to do what’s required, which they do not appear to want, I am not sure they could. It is just the reality of the situation.

Advertisement
Personal attacks
Moderator Statement:

Attack fraggle at your own risk.
I will censor it for fraggle next time.

Go take a nap, *********. Or,

** **** * ***, *********. Or,

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\