Can Tate play right away?

According to Ivins he got a lawyer and will appeal the NCAA for a waiver. They are gonna use the sudden coaching change at OSU as an excuse.

Advertisement
He should/will apply for a waiver on moral grounds referencing how tOSU handled the Urban Meyer scandal. No chance the NCAA rejects a waiver built on the basis of objections to violence against women.
This would actually be his best case. This idea of coaching change doesn't work in the NCAA eyes in previous cases. Unless he uses the assistant that got fired as cause of Urban stress which led to the retirement of the coaching change and how it negatively effected the team, which lead to a new coach

There is a very lengthy debate on the other Martell eligibility thread about this.

If he graduates in May he's eligible immediately but that means he's only available for fall camp. If he transfers now he probably has to sit a year.

will be interesting to see how Manny handles this. If Tate doesn't transfer until the summer, can he unseat Kosi/Williams?

Advertisement
AP credits from high school???

AP. Dual enrollment. CLEP tests.

Let's not forget, schools have created all sorts of alternative methods too. When I was at UM, I finished by MBA early by taking Intersession. I got 6 credits over the two weeks between January 1 and the beginning of spring semester, and I got 3 more credits from Spring Break Intersession.

9 graduate credits in 3 weeks.

I have no idea if Ohio Taint has a comparable program, and it is rare for athletes to be so aggressive in graduating early, but it IS possible.

Relax buddy, I'm just passing the info. Your first quote was a good enough reminder.

I ain't mad at ya. It is just important to get the accurate information out there. Nothing personal, but I'm tired of a bunch of these website sportswriters reporting things without speaking to anyone to confirm.

Advertisement
Not to beat a dead horse, but I wonder how complicated it could actually get. Let's say he transfers to Miami and avoids sitting out a year because Miami had a Grad Med school and OSU didn't... (The LOOPHOLE)...

...then (*hypothetically) after 1 semester decides "I hate this medical stuff Im going back to Communications". I wonder if NCAA would THEN yank a year back, or has even faced this situation recently (under revised transfer rules.)

Why would Miami having a medical school matter in your hypothetical? He would be transferring as an undergrad... Whether we have a med school is irrelevant.

Also, OSU does have a med school.

And also, this dude is 1000% not going to get into UM med school with his communications degree. You guys act like med school is some walk in the park... It's a brutal admissions process that Tathan is not going to be allowed to skip 😂

I’m glad he got an attorney.With the sudden retirement of *** with The handling of the abuse case added in gotta be a chance he can get the waiver.Cant see the ncaa fighting a lawsuit based around domestic abuse in the papers...

Advertisement
The NCAA does not have to follow their own rules. My hope is they recognize that by making Fields eligible they should make Tate eligible. The NCAA can't deny fields and they probably don't want discussion of battered women coming up.

The NCAA does not have to follow their own rules. My hope is they recognize that by making Fields eligible they should make Tate eligible. The NCAA can't deny fields and they probably don't want discussion of battered women coming up.

I think they are using two different sets of mitigating circumstances, but your point is well taken and will **** me off to high heaven if Fields gets a waiver in and Martel doesn’t get one out. In fact, I would use both the coaching change and scandal in my argument if I were Tate’s Attorney, but I’m also speculating on the process.

I don’t want to start a new thread so I will just ask here.
Is the Martell situation basically as follows?
1.) He applies for waiver. If it’s approved, how soon until he enrolls? How long do these things usually take to get approved l/denied?
2.) If he is denied, does that mean he will stay at OSU and try and graduate before he comes here so he is eligible when he arrives? Or, would he transfer anyway and sit a year?

Advertisement
Why would Miami having a medical school matter in your hypothetical? He would be transferring as an undergrad... Whether we have a med school is irrelevant.

Also, OSU does have a med school.

And also, this dude is 1000% not going to get into UM med school with his communications degree. You guys act like med school is some walk in the park... It's a brutal admissions process that Tathan is not going to be allowed to skip 😂
There IS NOW a Loophole for Oceanography or whatever we can find at Miami that OSU does not offer a PostGrad (or undergrad?) in:
Captureaaa.PNG

Advertisement
Back