Can Tate play right away?

Advertisement
So he posted that he's planning on finishing up his degree (I'm assuming his associates) and transferring after the spring semester which would allow him to be eligible as a grad transfer but every report is saying he's going to have to sit a year. Anyone got any idea about this?

There is a very lengthy debate on the other Martell eligibility thread about this.

If he graduates in May he's eligible immediately but that means he's only available for fall camp. If he transfers now he probably has to sit a year.

ya pretty unusual that he could graduate transfer so fast. We for sure need a big year, if we have any qb play we should roll through the coastal and be back in the spotlight, schedule is terrible, we will have more talent that any team we play or as much, 10 wins is a must, Hurts gives us a chance at 12.
recruits will flock back, kid are fickle

It's so sad how everything you said here could have been said before last season, and we saw none of that work out.

With Hurts, the schedule sets up well, but I don't think we have the OL or the depth overall to run the table. And that's also assuming all the offense gets on the same page pretty fast. We need to build and we need this season to set us up for it.

Advertisement
It's so sad how everything you said here could have been said before last season, and we saw none of that work out.

With Hurts, the schedule sets up well, but I don't think we have the OL or the depth overall to run the table. And that's also assuming all the offense gets on the same page pretty fast. We need to build and we need this season to set us up for it.
We are better than what we were in 2017. Diaz got these boys as hyped as when we introduced the turnover chain

Y’all continue ask the same question and it’s obvious nobody here actually knows.
Just wait for a formal announcement

Advertisement
According to Brevin Jordan and some others he is set to graduate at the end of this semester. I personally have no idea how that is possible with just 2 1/2 years and 2 summers, but that is the word

If a student has a boat load of AP classes from high school let's say 8 AP classes (Eng, Chem, Bio, gov't, US hist, Caluc, Stats, Spanish). Then is an early enrollee taking 3 classes a semester, and takes 4 classes during the summer while in college they can graduate very early.

Go Canes

No. Miami is trying to get a wavier but it's highly unlikely. He doesn't really qualify for hardship and nothing else is close to his situation like needs to be home for aling family. Home for him is Vegas. Not gonna work.

Likely 2020.

Wrong. He will 100% be able to play in 2019. Either because he actually is graduating or because he WILL get a waiver.

The waiver is easy here guys. tOSU set this up on a platter in the way they handled the Urban Meyer scandal. Tate Martell simply needs to build the case that he cannot continue to attend a school that doesn't place the welfare of women above winning football games. Simple as that.

As of now, no. I've heard he's planning to graduate in May. Which would mean he'd need to stay in Columbus until May. No way on earth Miami takes all of his credits from OSU short of his last semester and gives him a degree. If he transfers now, there's no way he graduates in May (and probably not by August), therefore meaning he's not a grad transfer and therefore would not have immediate eligibility.

He absolutely can apply for a waiver but I don't know on what grounds. Apparently the NCAA is sympathetic to people who had their redshirts mismanaged (hence why Martin is apparently likely to get a waiver), but that doesn't seem to be the case with Martell.

My guess is he does not play in 2019.

He should/will apply for a waiver on moral grounds referencing how tOSU handled the Urban Meyer scandal. No chance the NCAA rejects a waiver built on the basis of objections to violence against women.

According to Brevin Jordan and some others he is set to graduate at the end of this semester. I personally have no idea how that is possible with just 2 1/2 years and 2 summers, but that is the word

Many universities (like OSU and Miami) have a 2+x or 3+x program track, but those are reserved for undergrad+auto accept to Med/Law/Grad STEM.

For "normal" students, takes tremendous planning and discipline to make really early grad happen. Even tougher while playing D1 ball.

Kudos to TM if he pulled it off. Between HS Sr amd Summer, he could have knocked out first semester credits through AP/JUCO route easily.

Did I read he might be med school type like Robert Smith?

Advertisement
Advertisement
If a student has a boat load of AP classes from high school let's say 8 AP classes (Eng, Chem, Bio, gov't, US hist, Caluc, Stats, Spanish). Then is an early enrollee taking 3 classes a semester, and takes 4 classes during the summer while in college they can graduate very early.

Go Canes

That's not even the full extent of it. UM gave me 9 credits for my AP Latin class alone (Miami only offered 3 classes in Latin, so I got credit for all 3).

AP English usually gets you 6 credits (2 semesters of freshman English).

Chem/Bio would depend on how the courses are structured. At Miami, the science classes are 4 credits, you usually get 4 credits per science classes (science is tough at UM with all the pre-med and marine science, etc.).

History, you can get 6 credits.

Calculus, you can get 4-8 credits, depending on which test you take and how the college courses are structured.

Language AP tests can get you 6 or more credits.

I question how many AP tests that Tate took, as they are administered in the spring, and Tate was already enrolled at Ohio Taint in January.

But there is always dual-enrollment, as well as CLEP tests.

The plan should be to apply for a waiver and if it’s accepted he enrolls this semester. If declined he can stay at OSU until he graduates then enroll and play right away

Advertisement
Back