CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHOW DIAZ HOW TO COVER THE SLOT!!!!!!!!!!

Big issue is the lack of communication in the back 7. They are not supposed to be that out of sync in year 2 under Diaz. LBs were messing up drops and DBs were not understanding coverage

Said this in another thread. The entire back 7 looked garbage/lost in coverage. Delaney was his own special kinda lost. He was out of the milky way looking for other forms of life.

Not only that, Delaney showed awful technique out there. Not sure if it was because he was already playing nervous/shook or if he's that unnatural of a CB.
How could Dean be worse. What does he sprint away from the receiver as fast as he can? Really worries me that Dee starts. How bad are the back ups?

Advertisement
Big issue is the lack of communication in the back 7. They are not supposed to be that out of sync in year 2 under Diaz. LBs were messing up drops and DBs were not understanding coverage

Said this in another thread. The entire back 7 looked garbage/lost in coverage. Delaney was his own special kinda lost. He was out of the milky way looking for other forms of life.

Not only that, Delaney showed awful technique out there. Not sure if it was because he was already playing nervous/shook or if he's that unnatural of a CB.
How could Dean be worse. What does he sprint away from the receiver as fast as he can? Really worries me that Dee starts. How bad are the back ups?

Yep, I will admit, a red flag popped up when I saw dean so far down the depth chart coming out of fall camp (didn't he arrive in the spring with delaney?). Kind of scary that dean doesn't even sniff the field.

Blades, jobe, Campbell, frierson are musts.

I'm kinda surprised nobody is commenting on our DE's covering in space. I saw Chad Thomas in coverage today. However, I don't remember if it was lined-up at an OLB position or if he dropped back in a zone blitz.

There's nothing wrong with having LB's over slot WR's. That's common. He's not playing man on the slot, he's playing zone. Nothing wrong with that. If your OLB's can't play the flats and/or hook-to-curl zones then they don't belong at Miami.

What's wrong is when you have nobody out there at all.

Not to anyone's surprise they scored a touchdown on that play when Thomas dropped back.

Advertisement
Back