CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHOW DIAZ HOW TO COVER THE SLOT!!!!!!!!!!

Fly1

Covert Bag Man
And inform him there are such things as the NICKEL & DIME defense that can be used from time to time.

It's like the ghosts of D'Onofrio have come to bite us again. Instead of defensive ends on receivers, we leave the slot wide open on PASS HAPPY offenses.

That is all

GO 'CANES

Advertisement
I think we needed a fourth lb to cover him. Three wasn't enough against 4 wide.

Man idk what was more frustrating the slot open or delaney but we need things to get fixed in a hurry

Im starting to think Randy Shannon would be a better hire as our DC again. At least he always matched every wr on the field with a db. And has a track record of fielding dominant defenses as a DC for UM.

Advertisement
I'm not sure if it's talent our strategy, but our secondary has been way below average. Our most reliable guy, JaQuan Johnson hasn't be good either. I hope he proves me wrong, but so far Dee Delaney looks lost and way overmatched. Michael Jackson.... eh. Bandy and Malek are our 2 best corners, but neither are made for the boundary

Im starting to think Randy Shannon would be a better hire as our DC again. At least he always matched every wr on the field with a db. And has a track record of fielding dominant defenses as a DC for UM.

Interesting question. Who knows if that would have been a good hire. But it does make me wonder if Shannon would have accepted an interview back here or not.

Failing to cover the slot is inexcusable. It's not like it's a new concept. ****, it's been around for longer than he's been alive. He sees it in practice every day. What the **** was he smoking today?

I swear, it's like they are so bent on practicing for future opponents that they can't play the ones currently on the field. This could NOT have been a game plan for Toledo. For God's sake, one size does not fit all. Like others have said, this was a Dorito type of performance. Pure idiocy out there today.

The only good thing to come out of today was the O going hurry up, and opening up the playbook. It's about **** time.

Oh no he didn't. Absolutely didn't. If anything, some of the matchups today, particularly in the slot, were eerily similar to Randal.

Advertisement

Oh no he didn't. Absolutely didn't. If anything, some of the matchups today, particularly in the slot, were eerily similar to Randal.

If Toledo has a TE, he'd still be scoring.

If Toledo has a TE, he'd still be scoring.

Bingo. If there was anything Shannon loved, it was asking his LBs to cover everyone and everything. I still get the bubble-gutts picturing his defenses against a TE with 2 legs. I mean, Vilma, DJ, we were fine, but the Romeo Davis, Glenn Cook era... ugh!!!

That one year Clemson had that white QB who played baseball, their TE had about 12 catches for 150yds and 2tds. He was slow but still looked like a Gronkowski against us.

The last 10 years, we've had a knack for making garbage QBs and offenses look like the Patriots and Tom Brady

Advertisement
Crazy question but is Toledo the best Offense we play this year? They're very impressive. Toledo was good warmup for Duke and FSU.

That one year Clemson had that white QB who played baseball, their TE had about 12 catches for 150yds and 2tds. He was slow but still looked like a Gronkowski against us.

The last 10 years, we've had a knack for making garbage QBs and offenses look like the Patriots and Tom Brady

was that the TE we knocked unconscious?

I'm not sure if it's talent our strategy, but our secondary has been way below average. Our most reliable guy, JaQuan Johnson hasn't be good either. I hope he proves me wrong, but so far Dee Delaney looks lost and way overmatched. Michael Jackson.... eh. Bandy and Malek are our 2 best corners, but neither are made for the boundary

Malik did not look good today either. He needs to turn when the ball is in the air. He will rack up many pass interference calls. Did Dean get any burn?

Advertisement
slot was not even really the issue today...

personally i have a problem with i.e charles perry being asked to cover ground in the middle of the field, but when it comes to mccloud-shaq-pinckney... please keep them on the field

Toledo didn't even take full advantage of the horrible alignment/personnel we had.

They should have went to the slot 9 out of 10 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm kinda surprised nobody is commenting on our DE's covering in space. I saw Chad Thomas in coverage today. However, I don't remember if it was lined-up at an OLB position or if he dropped back in a zone blitz.

There's nothing wrong with having LB's over slot WR's. That's common. He's not playing man on the slot, he's playing zone. Nothing wrong with that. If your OLB's can't play the flats and/or hook-to-curl zones then they don't belong at Miami.

What's wrong is when you have nobody out there at all.

Joe Jackson was in the slot too.

Our pass rushers should be rushing the passer. **** is like Doritos all over again.

Advertisement
Back