Can someone explain to me something? (Cristobal question)

Advertisement
Thank you all. I agree with most that has been said here, just sort of wanted to push the envelope and see what it really was that people disliked. The blind hatred and snide remarks, while expected, are certainly interesting. Would love to know the psychology behind what makes you all such miserable human beings, JimmyJ and McGahee

Maybe it's because your trite question has been raised a dozen times, at least, and you haven't bothered to do any research.

I'm sure this will be met with a lot of negative feedback(as most things around here that don't involve Butch Davis seem to be), but can someome explain the rationale behind all of the negativity surrounding Mario Cristobal? Not saying he's my first choice, nor would I prefer to see him take the position over someone like Butch Davis(proven winner), but was what he did at FIU really so bad that he should be met with this sort of hate?

People will say Bama's OL got worse but I don't see it. In 2009 when Ingram won the Heisman he ran for 1700. Granted he's a freak, but Derrick Henry has rushed for almost 1800 yards this season.. With 4 games of 200+ yards. This putting him in elite company with only Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker. The Offensive line surely can't SUCK

I get that we all would like to see Butch Davis coach our Canes again, but would it really be the worst thing in the world if Cristobal were the guy?

Yes it was that bad. He finished 27-47, Winning just 11 of his last 25 games in his 5th and 6th years. That's with his guys with a recruiting advantage over the lowest tier of conferences. He was fired for a reason.

As you can tell, I mostly read the post on this forum and do not post very much, but Robertpaige, you should have stopped while you were ahead. The reply by brcane1 pretty much sums up and answers you so called innocent question. But you kept pushing your agenda with either unintelligent or intentional post under the guise of I’m just curious, just to rustle someone’s feathers. And now that you have, you are playing the victim. Poor Robertpaige, sob, sob, sob. You actually deserved much harsher comments.

Thank you all. I agree with most that has been said here, just sort of wanted to push the envelope and see what it really was that people disliked. The blind hatred and snide remarks, while expected, are certainly interesting. Would love to know the psychology behind what makes you all such miserable human beings, JimmyJ and McGahee

Maybe it's because your trite question has been raised a dozen times, at least, and you haven't bothered to do any research.

If by research you mean sitting on this board all day, every day sifting through the bull**** that every thread here turns into, then no, no I have not done any research

I'm sure this will be met with a lot of negative feedback(as most things around here that don't involve Butch Davis seem to be), but can someome explain the rationale behind all of the negativity surrounding Mario Cristobal? Not saying he's my first choice, nor would I prefer to see him take the position over someone like Butch Davis(proven winner), but was what he did at FIU really so bad that he should be met with this sort of hate?

People will say Bama's OL got worse but I don't see it. In 2009 when Ingram won the Heisman he ran for 1700. Granted he's a freak, but Derrick Henry has rushed for almost 1800 yards this season.. With 4 games of 200+ yards. This putting him in elite company with only Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker. The Offensive line surely can't SUCK

I get that we all would like to see Butch Davis coach our Canes again, but would it really be the worst thing in the world if Cristobal were the guy?

Yes it was that bad. He finished 27-47, Winning just 11 of his last 25 games in his 5th and 6th years. That's with his guys with a recruiting advantage over the lowest tier of conferences. He was fired for a reason.

As you can tell, I mostly read the post on this forum and do not post very much, but Robertpaige, you should have stopped while you were ahead. The reply by brcane1 pretty much sums up and answers you so called innocent question. But you kept pushing your agenda with either unintelligent or intentional post under the guise of I’m just curious, just to rustle someone’s feathers. And now that you have, you are playing the victim. Poor Robertpaige, sob, sob, sob. You actually deserved much harsher comments.

Just playing a devil's advocate of sorts. Wanted to see why people disliked him. If they feel the need to resort to personal attacks, that's their prerogative

Advertisement

If by research you mean sitting on this board all day, every day sifting through the bull**** that every thread here turns into, then no, no I have not done any research

By research, he means factual credence to Mario's abilities. His coaching trajectory. How he grades out to past coaches.. eg Al Golden, Randy Shannon (Al Golden destroys Mario Cristobal's resume on record alone). How he grades out favorably to current coaching targets... eg Tom Herman, Mark Richt, Butch Davis.

By research, he means factual credence to Mario's abilities. His coaching trajectory. How he grades out to past coaches.. eg Al Golden, Randy Shannon (Al Golden destroys Mario Cristobal's resume on record alone). How he grades out favorably to current coaching targets... eg Tom Herman, Mark Richt, Butch Davis.

I'm not saying I would take him over any of the three you just named. Refer to my original question, I do not think he is the best choice. I was more just curious to see why people thought he would send the program directly to a state of disarray

You didn't want to sift through other people's bullschitt, but you were perfectly happy generating your own BULLSCHITT.

Andrew, doesn't OP qualify as a perfect troll?

Advertisement

Just playing a devil's advocate of sorts. Wanted to see why people disliked him. If they feel the need to resort to personal attacks, that's their prerogative

“playing a devil’s advocate of sorts” is such a poor excuse. You are the type that would tease a dog over and over and then complain when he finally gets off his chain and attacks you. smh

If you were going top play devil’s advocate, you should have stated your intentions in your first post. But then, you wouldn’t have gotten any reply’s, and the thread would have died a quick death. Which, by the way should end now. My last post on this nonsense anyway. Have a good day.

You didn't want to sift through other people's bullschitt, but you were perfectly happy generating your own BULLSCHITT.

Andrew, doesn't OP qualify as a perfect troll?

yb-troll-spray-sm.jpg

“playing a devil’s advocate of sorts” is such a poor excuse. You are the type that would tease a dog over and over and then complain when he finally gets off his chain and attacks you. smh

If you were going top play devil’s advocate, you should have stated your intentions in your first post. But then, you wouldn’t have gotten any reply’s, and the thread would have died a quick death. Which, by the way should end now. My last post on this nonsense anyway. Have a good day.

If you actually read the OP, my intentions are quite clear

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back