Can someone explain to me something? (Cristobal question)

But again, I would also like to see someone else be hired. Just don't think that I would be super devastated like most of the board would be if it were to actually be Cristobal

What positives would he bring? What tangible evidence do you base this neutrality on?

Plenty of local coaches have already said they want him to be the guy. Whether that's because they think he's just going to bring every single Dade county HSFB coach on his staff or if they think he could actually win idk

Plenty of parents of recruits have said that they would be pleased to see either Cristobal or Butch or someone like that with ties to the program, and keeping the guys we have committed is really more important than people will give credit. I would say at least four to five of Golden's loses during his time here could have been covered up by winning some of the recruiting battles he had lost.

Not saying that recruiting wins on Saturdays.. But.. Recruiting kinda wins on Saturdays..
Yeah, recruiting was the issue when we sent 7 kids to the draft and still had a losing season.

Do you get paid to post while you are working at the Hecht?

You're talking about top end talent. I'm refering to the fact that in year 3 Golden still had a freaking 5'8" walkon linebacker playing safety for him. Golden was unable to recruit to a level where he had an elite 2-deep at every position. Mario Cristobal would not have this issue
Another conclusion without any real support.

What is that ridiculous conclusion based on? The fact that he recruited South Florida so well that he couldn't do better than 27-47 in a horrific conference? The fact that there are less than 5 South Florida kids on Bama's roster? Please tell me it isn't based on his "Recruiter of the Year Award," which even you could win at Alabama.

Advertisement
What positives would he bring? What tangible evidence do you base this neutrality on?

Plenty of local coaches have already said they want him to be the guy. Whether that's because they think he's just going to bring every single Dade county HSFB coach on his staff or if they think he could actually win idk

Plenty of parents of recruits have said that they would be pleased to see either Cristobal or Butch or someone like that with ties to the program, and keeping the guys we have committed is really more important than people will give credit. I would say at least four to five of Golden's loses during his time here could have been covered up by winning some of the recruiting battles he had lost.

Not saying that recruiting wins on Saturdays.. But.. Recruiting kinda wins on Saturdays..
Yeah, recruiting was the issue when we sent 7 kids to the draft and still had a losing season.

You're talking about top end talent. I'm refering to the fact that in year 3 Golden still had a freaking 5'8" walkon linebacker playing safety for him. Golden was unable to recruit to a level where he had an elite 2-deep at every position. Mario Cristobal would not have this issue

What is that ridiculous conclusion based on? The fact that he recruited South Florida so well that he couldn't do better than 27-47 in a horrific conference? The fact that there are less than 5 South Florida kids on Bama's roster? Please tell me it isn't based on his "Recruiter of the Year Award," which even you could win at Alabama.

Sure it is an opinion. It is based off the fact that Golden could hardly get coaches to return his calls regarding recruits and Cristobal has them clamoring for him. If you wouldn't mind grabbing three or four beasts per recruiting cycle based solely on who coached them in HS then that is your opinion

Nobody was going to send their best player to FIU just because Cristobal was coaching there, but they sure as **** would steer them to UM

Sure it is an opinion. It is based off the fact that Golden could hardly get coaches to return his calls regarding recruits and Cristobal has them clamoring for him. If you wouldn't mind grabbing three or four beasts per recruiting cycle based solely on who coached them in HS then that is your opinion
I can't believe how obtuse our fans are sometimes. Randy Shannon was about as much of a "Miami guy" as you could get. He killed it with his first recruiting class. He pulled in nearly every senior worth a **** from MNW who had the best HS team in the country that year. A few mediocre seasons later, those same local high school coaches who were singing his praises turned on him. They started steering players to other programs. Kids want to play for winners. Recruiting doesn't mean a **** thing if you can't translate it into wins on the field.

Advertisement

Uhh, you do realize that when Cristobal starts losing, his recruiting "mystique" wears off completely right?

I'm not trying to be a **** here, but it seems as if you just started following college football/Miami football since you started college.

Advertisement
Thank you all. I agree with most that has been said here, just sort of wanted to push the envelope and see what it really was that people disliked. The blind hatred and snide remarks, while expected, are certainly interesting. Would love to know the psychology behind what makes you all such miserable human beings, JimmyJ and McGahee

I'd be more receptive to him, if he was able to win at another school. I think he did a decent job at FIU, but they fell off so quick. Something happened there, and he has to be part of the blame. If he gets the rutgers job and wins a good amount of games, I'd reconsider it. Plus, he's at Bama. His O-Line and RBs are all beasts. I mean it's kinda hard to ***** that up.

Thank you all. I agree with most that has been said here, just sort of wanted to push the envelope and see what it really was that people disliked. The blind hatred and snide remarks, while expected, are certainly interesting. Would love to know the psychology behind what makes you all such miserable human beings, JimmyJ and McGahee

Where is the blind hatred? We posted statistics to support the "hatred" while you posted nothing but opinion-based-conclusions.

Advertisement
So presenting facts in a debate = miserable human being. Interesting. If the question behind the question is why am I so vehemently opposed to Mario, it's because he is woefully unqualified for this job as evidenced by the arguments made in this thread yet his name keeps popping up in any article covering the search. The south Florida media is forcing him down our throats. It would be a disastrous hire at a very critical stage of our program from which we may never recover.

Would love to know how you've escaped the grips of natural selection. Extended incubation? Fetal Alcohol Syndrome diagnosis? Wouldn't be super devastated to understand how you've made it.

Right, because I'm sure you were just cordially calling me dull and obtuse haha. Amazing to see that people respond to questions in such an attacking manner. As if I'd proposed harm on your whole family

Advertisement
Right, because I'm sure you were just cordially calling me dull and obtuse haha. Amazing to see that people respond to questions in such an attacking manner. As if I'd proposed harm on your whole family

If we were liars then we'd be "miserable human beings". You are dull and obtuse. Accept it and attempt to better your life.

Would love to know how you've escaped the grips of natural selection. Extended incubation? Fetal Alcohol Syndrome diagnosis? Wouldn't be super devastated to understand how you've made it.

You have offered nothing of substance in this thread and, based on your demeanor, I don't think it would be too unfair to extrapolate that to your entire life

If we were liars then we'd be "miserable human beings". You are dull and obtuse. Accept it and attempt to better your life.

I'm interested to hear your rationale behind this

You have offered nothing of substance in this thread and, based on your demeanor, I don't think it would be too unfair to extrapolate that to your entire life

Once you bring substantive facts to your argument for Mario, I will respond in kind.

Advertisement
Back