Can Ole Miss seniors transfer?

Advertisement
No lol. The only way you can transfer is if the school shut the program down. A bowl ban or even penalties doesn't allow you to transfer.

No lol. The only way you can transfer is if the school shut the program down. A bowl ban or even penalties doesn't allow you to transfer.

Not so fast. Pretty sure that seniors can transfer if the program takes a bowl ban. I know UNC seniors were given that option, so were ours, and so were Ped State's.

Advertisement
I believe they can but only after the NCAA finalizes the penalties.

They are free to transfer if the NCAA adds an additional year of the bowl ban. Players can transfer from teams penalty free if they two consecutive years of bowl bans. I believe that is the rule.

Advertisement
Haven't all the good players they bought already graduated or left for the NFL already?

Under certain circumstances, I believe they may be able to transfer. The question is specifically what would be the circumstances. As mentioned in this thread, it has happened in the past. Right now, the answers are educated guesses. I think it's reasonable to assume that there are some type of transfers allowed, but we need someone with precise knowledge of this to actually answer this with any specificity.

Advertisement

Wrong. Google USC sanctions.

Seniors were allowed to leave without penalty. If their eligibility expires during a bowl ban they can transfer. But the NCAA hasn't ruled yet so it doesn't matter.

Penn state got special tranfer rules after their sanctions too.

Wrong. Google USC sanctions.

Seniors were allowed to leave without penalty. If their eligibility expires during a bowl ban they can transfer. But the NCAA hasn't ruled yet so it doesn't matter.

Penn state got special tranfer rules after their sanctions too.

Boom

Advertisement
Irrelevant either way. I was told they committed to the school and the $EC gameday atmosphere when Ol' Corch Freeze was pulling these monster classes out of nowhere. Why would they want to leave now?!

Not so fast. Pretty sure that seniors can transfer if the program takes a bowl ban. I know UNC seniors were given that option, so were ours, and so were Ped State's.

you're right, if they get an additional year then any player can transfer.

Advertisement
Back