Can manny improve to...

Astute AD's hired JJ, Erickson and Butch because they knew the qualities and intangibles it took for a coach to be a success )

The same "astute" AD that hired Butch also hired Randy Shannon.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
As rough as it was, we needed Mark Richt to point out the painfully obvious problems and fortunately he had the gravitas to get something done about them.

Our AD and the people who hold him accountable seem to be using nothing more than revenue as a measuring stick for football. As long as the ACC revenue comes in and merchandise sells, it's all good. The connection between winning more and making more isn't there because they're comfortable with where we're at and achieving more means they'll be expected to maintain that level.

Advertisement
They have not put QBs in the L #1 overall and have them in the Heisman Finals every year until Lincoln showed. That is Riley and his system/ability to draw elite recruits and transfers. His success is not because he inherited Bobs team like Larry did. He is the real deal. Your "look what he inherited" statement is laughable. He is already an elite CFB HC and has lost 8 games in 4 years at HC and never finished ranked lower than 6th. And not because of what he "inherited", LMAO. I would kill half of you on this board to have him as Miami's HC

He has Rattler now and Caleb Williams after, both will be Heisman finalists if not winners. Watch.

Have those Heisman winners done anything for them to win anything of note?

If we had Riley half this board would be botching and complaining he can’t win the “big game”

As rough as it was, we needed Mark Richt to point out the painfully obvious problems and fortunately he had the gravitas to get something done about them.

Our AD and the people who hold him accountable seem to be using nothing more than revenue as a measuring stick for football. As long as the ACC revenue comes in and merchandise sells, it's all good. The connection between winning more and making more isn't there because they're comfortable with where we're at and achieving more means they'll be expected to maintain that level.
EXACTLY, Blake's PRIORITIES are not WINNING. He is the Anti-Joe Castiglione. Until that changes Dollars and GPAs will matter more than Wins and Championships

Have those Heisman winners done anything for them to win anything of note?

If we had Riley half this board would be botching and complaining he can’t win the “big game”
I mean they have won their conference every single year and he has made the Final 4 3 years and never finished below 6 in the Final polls and produced 2 Heisman winners....... BUT great points on his shortcomings after 4 years!!!!!!!

Let's see what we have done.......hold on.......... compiling the data...........We have never won our conference even once since joining it and are tied with Duke for ACC Coastal Titles with ONE. Yeah you're right, we don't want a guy like Riley, GREAT POINT!!!!!!!!!! :pgdead:

Last edited:
Advertisement
I LOVED the Richt hire, I won't lie, loved it 100%. The problem was we didn't get UGA Mark Richt, we got a Mark Richt that was retiring but still employed as Miami HC. Real talk.

Richt lost min of 3 games 4 out of his last 5 years at UGA and you were shocked at how it played out here?

Guess what trend continued here

Richt lost min of 3 games 4 out of his last 5 years at UGA and you were shocked at how it played out here?

Guess what trend continued here
We got retired Mark Richt, not UGA Mark Richt. If you can't see that you may as well step away from this conversation

TimeBum = Robin Diaz
Go Canes!!! = Stephanie Diaz
I know people get caught up in the back and forth, but I think they're both saying something that makes sense. They're not defending Blake James or Diaz as much as pointing out there are very few really good AD's or coaches out there to be had. The way the conferences have condensed, it's a handful of elites and then a thick layer of mediocre.

I like David White and thought he'd be a good AD for us. Then he goes to Tennessee and makes a lazy hire. I think the importance of the job led him to go with the more sure thing rather than take a gamble. That's exactly what we have here. Got a Miami connection? You're hired because fans will cheer for one of their own. Actual qualifications and drive for success are nice-to-haves.

Advertisement
I know people get caught up in the back and forth, but I think they're both saying something that makes sense. They're not defending Blake James or Diaz as much as pointing out there are very few really good AD's or coaches out there to be had. The way the conferences have condensed, it's a handful of elites and then a thick layer of mediocre.

I like David White and thought he'd be a good AD for us. Then he goes to Tennessee and makes a lazy hire. I think the importance of the job led him to go with the more sure thing rather than take a gamble. That's exactly what we have here. Got a Miami connection? You're hired because fans will cheer for one of their own. Actual qualifications and drive for success are nice-to-haves.
I can't say it enough, we have an inherit talent gaining advantage over any school in the nation in HS baseball and football with where we are located. If the AD can't find a conference winning coach (at minimum) to coach the Miami Football and Baseball teams to higher levels than the recent hires he is failing.

Tell me that is not a fact? TELL ME

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that most (not all) fans don’t care as much as people on boards.

There are tens of thousands of fans who buy tickets, travel and donate their hard earned $$$ every year.

Half this place is made up of trolls and frustrated arm chair coordinators.

Advertisement
EXACTLY, Blake's PRIORITIES are not WINNING. He is the Anti-Joe Castiglione. Until that changes Dollars and GPAs will matter more than Wins and Championships

Blake James sucks and Diaz was a lazy hire. I'm in agreement. What you are missing is that an "AD that cares about football" who looks for and hires someone he thinks is a "hidden gem" or a "slam dunk hire" is just as likely to miss on the HC as a bad AD. You are living in a fantasy land where you think the three steps to winning a national championship are: 1. Hire an AD who cares 2. ? 3. Profit

How much is Harbaugh getting paid- you think Michigan doesn't want to win? Is Sarkisian a good example of a smart hire by Texas? Wasn't PeeWee Herman a "no doubter"? You really think Cristobal is going to win a NC at Oregon? And LSU- did you think Orgeron was a hidden gem all along? Is Kirby Smart some kind of coaching genius? All of these programs "care about winning" and have ADs that thought they were absolutely making the right hire. Money and resources were no obstacle for most of these schools. And of all these hires, the one most derided by the school's own fan base was Eddy O, with the general consensus of LSU fans being that it was an awful, lazy hire of a alcoholic coach who had failed at multiple stops.

We got retired Mark Richt, not UGA Mark Richt. If you can't see that you may as well step away from this conversation

Youre the one who said you were excited because we hired a coach who averaged 3.4 losses his last 5 seasons at UGA

It’s not our fault you were an idiot who thought we were getting Richt from 2002

Advertisement
Back