Can manny improve to...

Advertisement
In all fairness the team turned the corner last year on beating teams we should beat. The 3 losses were to top 25 teams. Granted those wins weren’t always pretty and a couple of those games could have went either way. Let’s just hope that trend continues but with those games never being in doubt as well as beating teams that are equally as talented. Will that happen? Only time will tell. Am I confident in that to happen? Unfortunately not so much. Do I wish that happens? More than anything. If Manny can bring us back to the promise land we will have our Bobby Bowden or Joe Paterno. Out of all of our 5 championships we have had 4 different coaches. Our coaches always bounce to the NFL after winning a championship. I believe Manny is only leaving here if he gets fired.
Breath of fresh air after most assume manny will fail.

Advertisement
Our fanbase dumped on Richt because he never won a National Championship. That's a high bar for a school unwilling to hire a top tier athletic department.
I LOVED the Richt hire, I won't lie, loved it 100%. The problem was we didn't get UGA Mark Richt, we got a Mark Richt that was retiring but still employed as Miami HC. Real talk.

I LOVED the Richt hire, I won't lie, loved it 100%. The problem was we didn't get UGA Mark Richt, we got a Mark Richt that was retiring but still employed as Miami HC. Real talk.
Yes now the question is whether Diaz can raise the bar or do kids just not fear him enough?

Yes now the question is whether Diaz can raise the bar or do kids just not fear him enough?
First he has to recruit better and get a better DC. He kills the portal and is willing to make some moves but he has made some bad assistant hires and the recent problems at cb and lb are on him. This needs to be his year or he is done. 4 losses he should be gone IMO with this schedule.

First he has to recruit better and get a better DC. He kills the portal and is willing to make some moves but he has made some bad assistant hires and the recent problems at cb and lb are on him. This needs to be his year or he is done. 4 losses he should be gone IMO with this schedule.
Funny I say 3

Advertisement
And they think I hate Manny. I agree 3 is easily doable but I will still allow one more if the team improves overall. No UNC/Clemson rapings

Most fans don’t care as much as the fans here.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Advertisement
There are numerous AD's and very good coaches out there......we're just set on not paying and hoping we stumble upon a winner with process that seems to have no rhyme or reason.

Astute AD's hired JJ, Erickson and Butch because they knew the qualities and intangibles it took for a coach to be a success ) Of which none of which were having popularity amongst the admin and fanbase. They are no longer here. With them gone, also went their processes for selecting coaching winners

It's obvious that things have changed since that time. The criteria for selecting and being an AD here has changed completely,

The Admin fears allowing or having an AD with the ability & balls to run (within the University's guidelines) his own department. That is NOT true in any of the other University Departments i.e Business, Engineering, History, Law etc...that I am aware of.

currently, having performance success goals , beyond having a steady flow of money coming in, appears to be non=existent. It's obvious that winning Championships is not among them.

The University is strongly committed to continually increasing and actively improving the excellence of the University of Miami's Academics.....it should and can have the same commitment to excellence, a la Duke and Stanford et al, for it's Sports programs.

Sports doesn't generate the most money for the University .....but it is a contributor. Whether they want to accept it or not the Sports program has a role as one of the faces of the University and it should be supported .

There are numerous AD's and very good coaches out there......we're just set on not paying and hoping we stumble upon a winner with process that seems to have no rhyme or reason.

Astute AD's hired JJ, Erickson and Butch because they knew the qualities and intangibles it took for a coach to be a success ) Of which none of which were having popularity amongst the admin and fanbase. They are no longer here. With them gone, also went their processes for selecting winners

It's obvious that things have changed since that time. The criteria for selecting and being an AD here has changed completely,

The Admin fears allowing or having an AD with the ability & balls to run (within the University's guidelines) his own department. That is NOT true in any of the other University Departments i.e Business, Engineering, History, Law etc...that I am aware of.

Having performance success goals , beyond having a steady flow of money coming in, appears to be non=existent. It's obvious that winning Championships is not among them.

The University is strongly committed to continually increasing and actively improving the excellence of the University of Miami's Academics.....it should and can have the same commitment to excellence, a la Duke and Stanford et al, for it's Sports programs.

Sports doesn't generate the most money for the University .....but it is a contributor. Whether they want to accept it or not the Sports program has a role as one of the faces of the University and it should be supported .

Like who?

Advertisement
RVACane said:
Most fans don’t care as much as the fans here.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

^^^EXACTLY^^^

As proven by our fan contributions for Athletic Department improvements.....if Richt hadn't pitched in, we may still be waiting for the indoor practice facility to be completed.

While not great contributors.....we're great complainers

Any AD that can not hire successful coaches for the University of Miami Football and Baseball teams is not a good AD. They are handed Top 5 classes year in and year out with little effort. Not succeeding in hiring winning coaches in those 2 sports at Miami speaks VOLUMES!

Advertisement
Back