Can Kosi Take The Next Step?

Advertisement
If King doesn't start sliding a bit more often we're going to find out 1 season sooner than we expected what Kosi can do in this offense.

Side note: Kosi missed a WIDE OPEN bomb to Keyshawn Smith yesterday with an underthrow...I wanted that one for both of them badly

Yeah, he threw it a hair late.

BTW Smith looked smooth on that deep route.

In this offense Kosi might be okay.

He won’t be D’Eriq King. But he has enough arm talent.

N’Kosi is just wildly inconsistent. He can clean that up tho.

He either going to pass for 65% or 40% and not really any inbetween.

He does well when he can take deep shots. And needs to be in a Vertical Offense that let’s him take 20+ yard shots 7-10 times a game.

I don’t have no issues with Kosi besides the inconsistency. He could have left. He got the U tatted on him!

dawg bleeds orange and green
Yes. The bottom line is: there's just too may N'Kosi HATERS in this forum. As well as other Hurricane forums, blogs, chat rooms and what not.

Advertisement
Can perry develop to play like king. Now with a good scheme and coaching. It seems like he has similar physical talents. Does anyone think he can take that step next year? Playing behind king could help him learn
I don't think so. The 2 players are completely different athlete's. King has the IT factor. That's something you can't teach. KING is the best QB we've had since Dorsey and might even end up being better than KD when it's all said and done.
King is that special.

Go Canes!!!!

Advertisement
You can't teach fast processing of sensory input, awareness, quick decision making and football IQ. They are all in the head. Perry is physically gifted but I'm not sure he as the mental makeup of elite QB.
Agreed that fast processor is the most underrated and probably one of the most important skills a QB needs. Tom Brady didn't win 6 chips because of his wheels or otherworldly arm talent.

If King doesn't start sliding a bit more often we're going to find out 1 season sooner than we expected what Kosi can do in this offense.

Side note: Kosi missed a WIDE OPEN bomb to Keyshawn Smith yesterday with an underthrow...I wanted that one for both of them badly

Just a little late on the throw. He will be fine, though.

Advertisement
Kosik is absolutely better at throwing the deep ball. King is very accurate on the short throws and is able to use touch. King is clearly has higher football IQ. Athletically, King could play any skilled position and be a gamebreaker.

Kosi is the past. No way he'll be under center again. THANKS to our OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

Advertisement
Do not underestimate Kings ability to read and adjust to defenses. Nobody on the roster can do what he does yet

Can perry develop to play like king. Now with a good scheme and coaching. It seems like he has similar physical talents. Does anyone think he can take that step next year? Playing behind king could help him learn
Unfortunately, don’t think he can. He still has a bad habit of being a one read QB. Lots of erratic throws, and easy misses. Is better in this system than anything he had before, but at best he’d be a good game manager. Not there yet though.

Perry’s career TD:INT is 22:9. But... He’s a career 52% passer.

let’s see how he plays this season in mop-up duty. If he shows improved decision making he will have a leg up in spring competition with TVD

Advertisement
Back