Can Kosi Take The Next Step?

Neither Perry or TVD will be the starting QB in 2021. It will be King (if he comes back) or another talented transfer QB.

what transfers are out there? Who is a senior or RS Junior currently that is really good that will be looking to leave their team for one year at Miami?

I know **** near 100% of kids transferring are getting immediate waivers so maybe a sophmore or junior could try and jump our way. I’d be interested to see our QB board.

I wonder if King has told the staff he is 100% coming back next year. Wishful thinking on my part.

Advertisement
Can perry develop to play like king. Now with a good scheme and coaching. It seems like he has similar physical talents. Does anyone think he can take that step next year? Playing behind king could help him learn
Great OC's know how to utilize the strengths of their players.
I think too many people are selling Perry short on this site. He has some skills and tools that I think Lashlee can develop. It may take some time but if he is committed to do the work he can win us a bunch of games.

The playcalling with Perry needs be adjusted--but he will improve dramatically. He's not the sharpest kid, but he wants to be a Cane and he wants to be team player.

In this offense Kosi might be okay.

He won’t be D’Eriq King. But he has enough arm talent.

N’Kosi is just wildly inconsistent. He can clean that up tho.

He either going to pass for 65% or 40% and not really any inbetween.

He does well when he can take deep shots. And needs to be in a Vertical Offense that let’s him take 20+ yard shots 7-10 times a game.

I don’t have no issues with Kosi besides the inconsistency. He could have left. He got the U tatted on him!

dawg bleeds orange and green
Thank you sir for showing respect to a True Cane, to many bandwagoneers in here who actually think and instantly jumped on the transfer tate bandwagon. The one thing we know about perry, he's been True to UM and has kept his word and has competed every year no matter who came or who left and has shown no animosity to his teammates and is ready to be called on to play, if we need em, plus we know we can win with em. In this offense, perry would put up points also, I got respect for perry, consistently has been qb1 or qb2 on the depth chart, which means he has to actually get beat out, guys like him and ivey help programs Excel, so to you sir:

Advertisement
In this offense Kosi might be okay.

He won’t be D’Eriq King. But he has enough arm talent.

N’Kosi is just wildly inconsistent. He can clean that up tho.

He either going to pass for 65% or 40% and not really any inbetween.

He does well when he can take deep shots. And needs to be in a Vertical Offense that let’s him take 20+ yard shots 7-10 times a game.

I don’t have no issues with Kosi besides the inconsistency. He could have left. He got the U tatted on him!

dawg bleeds orange and green
He never had good coaching. He might drive me crazy but he had the heart to stay and fight unlike that softie jarren

Just to put it in perspective - in garbage time against UAB, we had like 346 yards rushing;
all Perry had to do is hand it off for 350 yards rushing in the game...
He takes a fkn sack on the last play of the game. He’s a Dummy.
1601222693992.gif

Can perry develop to play like king. Now with a good scheme and coaching. It seems like he has similar physical talents. Does anyone think he can take that step next year? Playing behind king could help him learn
Nikosi definitely would be better served in a system like this. He simply does not have the intangibles of a D' Eriq King (decision making, running agility. Leadership)

Advertisement
Not in another few years. I think the kid hit his ceiling some time ago when youthful choices outweighed useful development.

Let's be honest there are not many OBs with the skill set of King. To have skills like King you have to hone the God given talents you were blessed with constantly.

He's had plenty of opportunities, but has never been able to unseat sub-par QBs and become a dependable starter (Rosier should have claimed him on his income tax return for all the heat he took because he was forced to start at a school the coach told him he'd never at). Like mentioned above; he'll be a useable back-up but not if its a crunch-time game.

Kosi ceiling is the 2019 VT game and 2018 FSU games.

With better coaching I’m confident he can do that every game.

Exactly.

Just let him compete and let the chips fall where they may. If he gets beat out? Fine.

Kosi will get lots of yards and points, but will throw more picks than King. With non garbage time playcalling from Lashlee, he will surprise and be WAYYY more consistently good than before.

Advertisement
Exactly.

Just let him compete and let the chips fall where they may. If he gets beat out? Fine.

Kosi will get lots of yards and points, but will throw more picks than King. With non garbage time playcalling from Lashlee, he will surprise and be WAYYY more consistently good than before.

It’s possible for sure...,,it’s not like we are rolling out FCS level QB talent.

Kosi can throw a football. I question between the ears with him. but the kid can actually throw lol.

Advertisement
Hed be pretty good but nowhere near King. Not even the same conversation.

Lashlee actually recruited Perry out of HS. If you tell Perry where to throw it -- as this offense does at times -- he can be pretty effective. Almost hit on that bomb to Smith for example.

The biggest eye popping difference when Perry is in the game is pace of offense is really slowed down
That was probably on purpose. The game was over and they probably told him to run the clock down and get out of there with out any more injuries.

It’s hard to tell because we haven’t seen him in this offense.

He has arm talent, and he’s mobile enough to make teams pay if they crash down on the inside zone too hard.

The question is maturity and decision-making.
If King doesn't start sliding a bit more often we're going to find out 1 season sooner than we expected what Kosi can do in this offense.

Side note: Kosi missed a WIDE OPEN bomb to Keyshawn Smith yesterday with an underthrow...I wanted that one for both of them badly

Advertisement
Back