Can I make a suggestion

Since when is butch just a good recruiter? IMO he's a better developer of talent, and thats what we need at this time.

Do we not have the 2nd most NFL players? Did we not get 7 kids drafted last year?

Our issue is coaching, not recruiting and development.

Advertisement
Since when is butch just a good recruiter? IMO he's a better developer of talent, and thats what we need at this time.

Do we not have the 2nd most NFL players? Did we not get 7 kids drafted last year?

Our issue is coaching, not recruiting and development.

Our guys are going in undrafted or late rounds, when they used to be solid 1st rounders. One thing that Davis has always been able to do is identify & develop talent.

Not only does he have studs 3 deep on the bench, but they improve each year they are with the program.

I think you guys are kind of saying the same thing... development comes from coaching. Not just x's and o's, but technique. Guys learn things in practice, then are put in position during games to succeed with that knowledge. We haven't had that on both sides of the ball since... Butch? Or maybe 3rd yr of Coker?

Anyone not sold on Butch, go and grab your copy of Cane Mutiny. Then sit down for twenty or so minutes and re-read the section on Butch. How he recruited before the sanctions were announced and after. How he held out for NFL Hall of Famer Edgerrin James. How he commanded respect. Take a few minutes and know that if he's brought back, there really is no reason why we can't get back on top with him at the helm.

I don't need to read a book. I was there during his whole tenure and nothing about him inspires confidence. I'm not gonna wait for lighting in a bottle twice.

So was I. I'm not interested in waiting 4 years for him to hopefully recruit enough to win. In case people have noticed, the recruiting game is wayyyyy different today. I don't care who it is, if you aren't winning quickly, you won't be recruiting well.

I got bad news for you non Butch people. If Butch cannot duplicate what he has done four other time, that is recruit a national championship team, then we are done. It took Howard to save this program from death. Donna has brought it back to that brink. This is not OSU, Bama, or any of those massive state schools living on tax money and 100,000s of alumni and entire states of fans. This is Miami, fka, SunTan U. Urban can fail here. Remember, when he ran out of Zook's recruits, he got run out of the SEC. Butch recruit for JJ, left those players for Dennis, and even better one for Larry. If you have a another Howard out there who the BOT can bring in, there maybe Butch is not the man. But before you think you have one, take a close look as Howard's resume. I can't think of anyone who can match it in college football today. Saban won at LSU and Bama, both places where recruits are purchases. Urban retreated to OSU another school allowed to buy recruits. Miami does not come with that freedom. You mistakenly think there is a option. There is not. It is Butch or death.

Thankfully for Urban he found Zooks recruits in Ohio St

Anyone not sold on Butch, go and grab your copy of Cane Mutiny. Then sit down for twenty or so minutes and re-read the section on Butch. How he recruited before the sanctions were announced and after. How he held out for NFL Hall of Famer Edgerrin James. How he commanded respect. Take a few minutes and know that if he's brought back, there really is no reason why we can't get back on top with him at the helm.

I don't need to read a book. I was there during his whole tenure and nothing about him inspires confidence. I'm not gonna wait for lighting in a bottle twice.

So was I. I'm not interested in waiting 4 years for him to hopefully recruit enough to win. In case people have noticed, the recruiting game is wayyyyy different today. I don't care who it is, if you aren't winning quickly, you won't be recruiting well.

I got bad news for you non Butch people. If Butch cannot duplicate what he has done four other time, that is recruit a national championship team, then we are done. It took Howard to save this program from death. Donna has brought it back to that brink. This is not OSU, Bama, or any of those massive state schools living on tax money and 100,000s of alumni and entire states of fans. This is Miami, fka, SunTan U. Urban can fail here. Remember, when he ran out of Zook's recruits, he got run out of the SEC. Butch recruit for JJ, left those players for Dennis, and even better one for Larry. If you have a another Howard out there who the BOT can bring in, there maybe Butch is not the man. But before you think you have one, take a close look as Howard's resume. I can't think of anyone who can match it in college football today. Saban won at LSU and Bama, both places where recruits are purchases. Urban retreated to OSU another school allowed to buy recruits. Miami does not come with that freedom. You mistakenly think there is a option. There is not. It is Butch or death.

Thankfully for Urban he found Zooks recruits in Ohio St

OSU has always dominated recruiting in B10. Take a look at NFL numbers -- OSU is up there with us.

15+ years ago. I don't want the ole ball coach either, and he has a better resume. When was the last time a dumpster fire program rose to prominence by hiring a 65 year coach who'd been out of the game for five years?

Advertisement
15+ years ago. I don't want the ole ball coach either, and he has a better resume. When was the last time a dumpster fire program rose to prominence by hiring a 65 year coach who'd been out of the game for five years?

proxy.php

It's been a few years, but it was **** impressive.

Advertisement
Back