Can I make a suggestion

OzarCaneSaw

Super Fan 99
Anyone not sold on Butch, go and grab your copy of Cane Mutiny. Then sit down for twenty or so minutes and re-read the section on Butch. How he recruited before the sanctions were announced and after. How he held out for NFL Hall of Famer Edgerrin James. How he commanded respect. Take a few minutes and know that if he's brought back, there really is no reason why we can't get back on top with him at the helm.

Advertisement
Anyone not sold on Butch, go and grab your copy of Cane Mutiny. Then sit down for twenty or so minutes and re-read the section on Butch. How he recruited before the sanctions were announced and after. How he held out for NFL Hall of Famer Edgerrin James. How he commanded respect. Take a few minutes and know that if he's brought back, there really is no reason why we can't get back on top with him at the helm.

I don't need to read a book. I was there during his whole tenure and nothing about him inspires confidence. I'm not gonna wait for lighting in a bottle twice.

I don't need to read a book. I was there during his whole tenure and nothing about him inspires confidence. I'm not gonna wait for lighting in a bottle twice.

So was I. I'm not interested in waiting 4 years for him to hopefully recruit enough to win. In case people have noticed, the recruiting game is wayyyyy different today. I don't care who it is, if you aren't winning quickly, you won't be recruiting well.

What Butch did at Miami was 20 years ago.

He was ahead of his time back then. That's no longer the case.

Advertisement
I mean if you guys want to wait 4 years for Butch to do his thing, by all means support him. For me, I'm tired of waiting. Bring me a guy who will win with the really talented bunch we have, right away.

I'd gladly wait 4 years if he could even come close to replicating the team he had before he left.

I'd gladly wait 4 years if he could even come close to replicating the team he had before he left.

Problem is in 2015, if he isn't killing it by the 2nd year, Jesus himself isn't maintaining the recruiting momentum Butch needs to win by year 4.

Problem is in 2015, if he isn't killing it by the 2nd year, Jesus himself isn't maintaining the recruiting momentum Butch needs to win by year 4.

You honestly don't think that Butch with a quality OC and DC with just a few high level recruits (esp. DT) wouldn't be killing it here in the 2nd year? I feel like we are set for a solid bowl game in the 1st season with an aggressive defense and a commitment to special teams.

Advertisement

So was I. I'm not interested in waiting 4 years for him to hopefully recruit enough to win. In case people have noticed, the recruiting game is wayyyyy different today. I don't care who it is, if you aren't winning quickly, you won't be recruiting well.

I got bad news for you non Butch people. If Butch cannot duplicate what he has done four other time, that is recruit a national championship team, then we are done. It took Howard to save this program from death. Donna has brought it back to that brink. This is not OSU, Bama, or any of those massive state schools living on tax money and 100,000s of alumni and entire states of fans. This is Miami, fka, SunTan U. Urban can fail here. Remember, when he ran out of Zook's recruits, he got run out of the SEC. Butch recruit for JJ, left those players for Dennis, and even better one for Larry. If you have a another Howard out there who the BOT can bring in, there maybe Butch is not the man. But before you think you have one, take a close look as Howard's resume. I can't think of anyone who can match it in college football today. Saban won at LSU and Bama, both places where recruits are purchases. Urban retreated to OSU another school allowed to buy recruits. Miami does not come with that freedom. You mistakenly think there is a option. There is not. It is Butch or death.

I got that book and about 50 other pretty good books on my bookshelf.. I didn't see the part about him spending five years at UNC and not winning a **** thing. NOT ONE ACC TITLE.

he had little, nicks, marvin austin, quinn, the de who played for the jets, those linebackers who never panned out zack brown, bruce carter, and I forget the other guy.. The safety who picked us off every **** year..

Lol his squads were loaded for unc and he still didn't do much with all that carolina talent.

What happened at UNC? Did he change his approach?

We don't need to wait for years. We don't have the crippling sanctions we had Butch's first few years. We had no depth and that's why I took so long to get back to prominence. There's talent to win pretty quickly. There are plenty of guys to run the offense and defense Butch would want to run.

Advertisement

I got that book and about 50 other pretty good books on my bookshelf.. I didn't see the part about him spending five years at UNC and not winning a **** thing. NOT ONE ACC TITLE.

he had little, nicks, marvin austin, quinn, the de who played for the jets, those linebackers who never panned out zack brown, bruce carter, and I forget the other guy.. The safety who picked us off every **** year..

Lol his squads were loaded for unc and he still didn't do much with all that carolina talent.

Board members from 2007-2010

Bury-your-Head-in-the-sand.jpg

Oh and dinosaurs are fake.

He coached four seasons at UNC. His fourth season half his team was suspended. Three legit seasons and in his third season all of his talent was young. That's a little harsh to judge a guy on.

you guys are delusional. Butch built the greatest team in our generation. He had quality assistants who went out and are now head coaches both in college and the NFL. He is the best talent evaluator (not recruiter) of our time. He's also dying for the job, will do tons for donations, and be able to save money for great assistants.

Its a no brainer hire. Should be made now. He's the epitome of an assymetric risk/reward investment. Low risk, high reward. Even if he doesnt win a ship when he's here, he's the most likely to get us competitive and relevant again. Then the next coach can win it again.

UNC isnt Miami. its not close to the football recruiting bed we have here. Its significantly tougher to get to a title than it is here.

Advertisement
Three legit years at UNC and he took a two win team to their first back to back bowl games and got that talent on the team. You guys are ripping him for a rebuild project that he only was given three years before it all blew up?

Next season, our schedule is so easy Golden could get 10 wins. So Butch will come in a right away take us to our first double digit season in over a decade and the recruits will pile on. Next season sets up to make whoever takes over look like a genius with our talent and cupcake schedule.

I got bad news for you non Butch people. If Butch cannot duplicate what he has done four other time, that is recruit a national championship team, then we are done. It took Howard to save this program from death. Donna has brought it back to that brink. This is not OSU, Bama, or any of those massive state schools living on tax money and 100,000s of alumni and entire states of fans. This is Miami, fka, SunTan U. Urban can fail here. Remember, when he ran out of Zook's recruits, he got run out of the SEC. Butch recruit for JJ, left those players for Dennis, and even better one for Larry. If you have a another Howard out there who the BOT can bring in, there maybe Butch is not the man. But before you think you have one, take a close look as Howard's resume. I can't think of anyone who can match it in college football today. Saban won at LSU and Bama, both places where recruits are purchases. Urban retreated to OSU another school allowed to buy recruits. Miami does not come with that freedom. You mistakenly think there is a option. There is not. It is Butch or death.

Wipe the **** out of your eyes. If you think Butch ******* Davis is the only person that can rejuvinate this program then you are special.

He coached four seasons at UNC. His fourth season half his team was suspended. Three legit seasons and in his third season all of his talent was young. That's a little harsh to judge a guy on.

Wait we judge everyone else on one season or two seasons but he gets pass?

Shoudnt he have shown consistent improvements. Your talking about a recruiting beast, talent evaluating genius and the best talent developer in the game and he gets a pass for never having winning record in the ACC?

People are saying we win it all next year if they hire him.

Lmfao at all the mouthbreathing retards exposing their utter lack of knowledge wrt the one man responsible for keeping Miami football alive. Had it not been for Butch and the teams he constructed from 1999-2003, the program wouldn't be in the FBS today. He single handedly provided the university with over two dozen multi-millionaire alumni, something no other coach at the U has done and I doubt ever will.

5 of the 30 most talented teams in cfb can be credited to Butch.

image.jpg

Advertisement
Back