Can anyone dig up the "banner" thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wifi at the gate!

I thought we'd go 9-3. We went 9-3. So the season went about how I figured. I was not high on this team because of the defense full of jags we were putting out there. There are some peeps here who knew how strongly I felt about that.

But who is responsible for the roster? The coaches. Specifically the HC. So that's on him. Conversely, the guy has been recruiting his entire Miami career with this NCAA **** around his neck. Opposing coaches using "death penalty" on the trail. But we should still have guys who can beat out the Gaines, Highsmiths, and (insert entire DL here), right? IMHO, the jury was still out on him before the season, it was out on him during the season, and it's out in him heading into this season.

People got too high when we were 7-0, and too low when we went through our losing. Honestly, I'm worried about next year too. The talent. The depth. We're going to be very young, and were going to play well under 85. It's not going to happen as fast as I want. As we all want. Well, most of us. I want us to be great and soon. But the soon isn't happening. At least not next year. Some of that is on AG. To me, the key to whether he is ever going to get us there is going to be the 2015 recruiting class. There are ZERO excuses for that class. It's clean. It's a fair fight. He's gotta crush that class. Th

Thanks for not answering any of my questions.

But to respond to your post, there's a difference between going 9-3 where you see your team improve, maybe play hard and well against a team that overmatches them, and finish out the year strong. I predicted 9-3 too. But I didn't want to see all the usual signs of a poorly coached team heading in the wrong direction. Anytime we were overmatched, our coaches were not able to do anything to mitigate the talent gap. Instead we just got smashed. We quit against Duke. Our defense got worse as the year went on--much worse. We got absolutely raked over the coals when we had the ACC coastal in our grasp--2 weeks in a row.

And then when we have a month to prepare, we don't even show up for the bowl game.

This team did nothing to make me think "hmm, Golden doesn't have the talent there and just needs to build it back up, but he can coach. Nothing. Instead it made me think "hmm, Golden is incapable of getting this team to play over its head. They play soft. They don't play hard. They don't play with passion or pride. And they get their asses kicked against just about any team with over 8 wins.

1- you didn't ask me any questions. What's your ****ing problem?

2- yes, there were cringe moments and certainly are some things to worry about. That's why I feel THE JURY IS STILL OUT!!! I'm worried. Which you, grape, will quote back to me in to years as "it's not Goldens fault!" when you call me a golden slurper. Like this BS Shannon ****.

You're really good at saying nothing, Bombley.

And you're illiterate. So were at a crossroad. Let's move on. Go canes.

lol. Another awesome post. Just make sure to stay above the fray.

Advertisement
Thanks for not answering any of my questions.

But to respond to your post, there's a difference between going 9-3 where you see your team improve, maybe play hard and well against a team that overmatches them, and finish out the year strong. I predicted 9-3 too. But I didn't want to see all the usual signs of a poorly coached team heading in the wrong direction. Anytime we were overmatched, our coaches were not able to do anything to mitigate the talent gap. Instead we just got smashed. We quit against Duke. Our defense got worse as the year went on--much worse. We got absolutely raked over the coals when we had the ACC coastal in our grasp--2 weeks in a row.

And then when we have a month to prepare, we don't even show up for the bowl game.

This team did nothing to make me think "hmm, Golden doesn't have the talent there and just needs to build it back up, but he can coach. Nothing. Instead it made me think "hmm, Golden is incapable of getting this team to play over its head. They play soft. They don't play hard. They don't play with passion or pride. And they get their asses kicked against just about any team with over 8 wins.

1- you didn't ask me any questions. What's your ****ing problem?

2- yes, there were cringe moments and certainly are some things to worry about. That's why I feel THE JURY IS STILL OUT!!! I'm worried. Which you, grape, will quote back to me in to years as "it's not Goldens fault!" when you call me a golden slurper. Like this BS Shannon ****.

You're really good at saying nothing, Bombley.

And you're illiterate. So were at a crossroad. Let's move on. Go canes.

lol. Another awesome post. Just make sure to stay above the fray.

Rif.org

Completely ignoring the fact that I'm 10+ years younger than you.....I'm "yelling at you?" Really? Because I pointed out the hilarity in you implying that I am some sort of Al Golden true believer? New Yorkers love to tell anyone who'll listen how tough they are. They've stabbed rats the size of ****er Spaniels to death in the street etc., but I ask you to stop lying and suddenly I'm yelling at you?

Instead of just pretending that you possessed some danglers and saying, "my bad, I must have confused you with someone else" you double down and almost by default slip into condecending ****boy mode to entrench yourself deeper. It's par for the course at this point though. Don't you ever change.

Don Bombley, Jr. was laying in the weeds like a toothless sissy snake. If the latest subject of his coach worship game had high-tailed out of town like he had planned, Bombley, Jr. wouldn't be anywhere near this board kind of like the dudes he's castigating about the banner.

I didn't donate to the banner or post in that thread, but those dudes were hoping against hope at the time they flew that thing. That's what fans do. Now, they're smart enough to realize the guy they had hoped was going to get us to the promised land isn't going to do it. You not being astute enough to see that doesn't make you better than the guys who realize it now and changed their minds on him.

Nah. Just stuck drinking in an airport delayed 8+ hours. Bored. And making monkeys like you dance for me helps pass the time. Actually I was starting to get excited about the possibility of Franklin or Davis if you actually want to talk some Cane football.

Starts call-out thread mocking people down on Golden.

Says he's down on Golden too, highlighting he's just baiting people.

Claims he wants to talk some Cane football.

Calls people who respond to his call-out thread 'monkeys.'

Completely ignoring the fact that I'm 10+ years younger than you.....I'm "yelling at you?" Really? Because I pointed out the hilarity in you implying that I am some sort of Al Golden true believer? New Yorkers love to tell anyone who'll listen how tough they are. They've stabbed rats the size of ****er Spaniels to death in the street etc., but I ask you to stop lying and suddenly I'm yelling at you?

Instead of just pretending that you possessed some danglers and saying, "my bad, I must have confused you with someone else" you double down and almost by default slip into condecending ****boy mode to entrench yourself deeper. It's par for the course at this point though. Don't you ever change.

Seriously? I thought you were old as ****. Ok, act like a ******* then.

Advertisement

Keep hating on this, an any other call-out thread that might help this board because of your anti-Golden obsession. I don't know if its that you hate ANY former Temple coach, ANY coach from NJ, yourselves, or just NEED to hate hate hate.... I have no idea. It's really inexplicable.

This f'ing thread is a massive success to everyone, except the 10% of the hateful, anti-Golden lunatics who can't see straight. Which of course means 90% of the WEZ and the sole moderator who's sole purpose seems to be to fan the hatred and preserve this embarrassment to the site, the U, the community.

Don Bombley, Jr. was laying in the weeds like a toothless sissy snake. If the latest subject of his coach worship game had high-tailed out of town like he had planned, Bombley, Jr. wouldn't be anywhere near this board kind of like the dudes he's castigating about the banner.

I didn't donate to the banner or post in that thread, but those dudes were hoping against hope at the time they flew that thing. That's what fans do. Now, they're smart enough to realize the guy they had hoped was going to get us to the promised land isn't going to do it. You not being astute enough to see that doesn't make you better than the guys who realize it now and changed their minds on him.

Nah. Just stuck drinking in an airport delayed 8+ hours. Bored. And making monkeys like you dance for me helps pass the time. Actually I was starting to get excited about the possibility of Franklin or Davis if you actually want to talk some Cane football.

Again, not mocking people that are "down on golden." Laughing at the fact that some of the same people were so high on golden 8 weeks ago that they flew a ******* banner in his honor, and the same people are calling for his head. THOSE people give me a chuckle and a smh.

People who swung 170 degrees in a few weeks. Laugh. I am hopeful he can turn it around. But the jury, at least my jury, is still out. I wasn't high enough on the situation to fly any ******* banners when we were 7-0, and I'm not down on the situation enough to call for his head today.

As for "monkeys" don't think I, or anyone else, doesn't notice it's the same handful of ****tards that stalk and ***** at me, rinse and repeat, year after the year, stalk after stalk. And here you are. Guys, if the shoe fits, shrug. I see why you fellas are butthurt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It would be funny to see the list of people who gave this site money to fly a "thank you coach golden!" Banner in October. I'll bet many of them are the same ones hysterically ranting "fire coach golden!" right now.

I used to **** my pants when I was little, then I grew up.

i Used to get 11x11 wrong, then I learned .

whats your point? That banner was about thanking the guy for dealing with admitted crap, not about coaching excellence on the field. And it was before getting ***** slapped twice by loserville and I believe losing to duke, and the Mia around ped state.

and it wasnt 8 weeks you moron, it's almost a year later.

glad you from an opinion once and never evolve as facts change. Hope your cart and buggy is holding up for you.

Probably my biggest regret so far in life.. I paid to say thank you to a man who is ****ing in my face.

Humbling.

Probably my biggest regret so far in life.. I paid to say thank you to a man who is ****ing in my face.

Humbling.

I'm happy to say I never contributed to this banner. The banner from raeder on the other hand...

Advertisement
Too bad we can't dig up the old Coker threads from Canestime/grassy.

Go for it. If you got a 10 year hard on for me over Coker, I can take it. Maybe you should fly a banner about it.

Meanwhile, your attempt to deflect away from the hysterical flip flopping from BANNER!! to FIRE!! isn't working.

Like flies to ****.

Sure didn't hear much out of you after Louisville, or Nebraska.

On vacation, I presume?

A year ago OP did not put penises in or around his mouth, but now he does. So a year ago he was wrong about not being ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back