Can Al be Dan Mullen?

Here is what's different. Miami has won 5 national titles and is located in an area that head coaches kill each other over, trying to recruit. Mississippi State has won less SEC titles than Tulane, and Tulane left the SEC in 1966. Need I say more? Because I can.

This sums it up. Mullen doesn't have any recruiting base for MSU, and he's in an infinitely tougher conference.

Put it this way: If Albola got hired at Miss State when Mullen did he would have been fired 3 years ago with a total of 6 wins. He wouldn't have even come close to doing what Sly Croom did there.

Mullen had an enormous uphill battle in that conference with that recruiting base and history. All that Albola had to do was beat **** stains like GT and UNC. He can't even win the fcking lousy *** Coastal, and this dude's making parallels between him and Mullen? Yikes.

Advertisement
Al is emerging to be worse than Randy Shannon and Larry Coker combined
Ok,bring in a new coach and he turns out to be no better than Coker,Shannon,Golden and last coach.If you
replaced four coaches,your FB program is a lot like Illinois,Purdue,Rutgers&Kentucky;ie lot of coaches,declining
attendance.
May I suggest at that point the U drop football!Better solution leave Golden recruit,upgrade a few coches
and it will all work out.

Dan Mullen was a successful O Coordinator at Florida and most would say he is the reason for them winning all those years...well him and Charlie Strong's defense

Al is only good at making sure his best friend keeps his job

Miss St is to the SEC what Northwestern is to B1G or Wake Forest to the ACC. zero tradition and all the talent in the area gets scooped up by nearby powers like Bammer, Auburn, etc. 7 wins for them is like 11 wins for us. What Mullen is doing this year (brushing off top 10 teams) is unfathomable. Do I need to mention that Miss St plays in the toughest division in the country while we have yet to win arguably the worst division. LOL there is no comparison to the magic Mullen is working and the ***** stew Golden has been brewing here.

Advertisement
I watched an ESPN documentary on DMullen the other day. I'm not gonna compare the two, but what I will say is this....."the man can coach." While some think this is a one year wonder I totally disagree. Will MSU be winning NCs? Probably not, but they will make the road to the SEC championship **** every conference opponent they play. Lastly, Dan said something in that piece that gained my respect.

I will paraphrase - "I invite anybody to look up and down my recruiting classes and you will find mostly two and three star recruits. When I go into these kids homes and talk to them and their parents, I tell them you may not come here as a five star but I will work you harder than you've ever worked in your life. And I guarantee you you will leave here a five star, and that's a promise. I love developing football players."

I'm a 50 year old has-been and I wanted to go play after hearing that. Al Golden is not cut from that cloth!

Mullen doesn't have any recruiting base for MSU

This is about as false as it can possibly get. Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana are absolutely loaded with elite prep and JUCO football players.

You were the same guy claiming South Florida isn't a great recruiting area, so I'll take your comments with a boulder of salt.

Naturally, you bastardize my comments and have no idea what I was saying. So you know what you can do with your boulders.

Advertisement
It would be great if we were #1 in the country again under this regime but it sure doesn't look like it. Canes ain't even close. Someone told me @ the game on Saturday that AG hasn't fired any of his coaches in his 9 years of being an HC or somesuch. Just kill me now.

Oh wow. This does not bode well for 2015. Pretty obvious this admin is just going to swallow this year, so our only hope was an unlikely about face.

No chance the first assistant he fires is the one that's godfather to his kids. Hopefully butch is around dec-jan of 15/16

what is wrong with these people? I figured the thread title was a joke, then I opened the the thread and found out you were serious.

Advertisement
Mullen doesn't have any recruiting base for MSU

This is about as false as it can possibly get. Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana are absolutely loaded with elite prep and JUCO football players.

You were the same guy claiming South Florida isn't a great recruiting area, so I'll take your comments with a boulder of salt.

Naturally, you bastardize my comments and have no idea what I was saying. So you know what you can do with your boulders.

But but Oklahoma doesn't have to go into South Florida for recruits!!!11.

I watched an ESPN documentary on DMullen the other day. I'm not gonna compare the two, but what I will say is this....."the man can coach." While some think this is a one year wonder I totally disagree. Will MSU be winning NCs? Probably not, but they will make the road to the SEC championship **** every conference opponent they play. Lastly, Dan said something in that piece that gained my respect.

I will paraphrase - "I invite anybody to look up and down my recruiting classes and you will find mostly two and three star recruits. When I go into these kids homes and talk to them and their parents, I tell them you may not come here as a five star but I will work you harder than you've ever worked in your life. And I guarantee you you will leave here a five star, and that's a promise. I love developing football players."

I'm a 50 year old has-been and I wanted to go play after hearing that. Al Golden is not cut from that cloth!

You sound like one of the only folks that understands how Mullen operates. When he first came to State, he had Croom's talent (and there was talent) and he had a great year in 2010 when Croom's talent were seniors. All the while he's recruited his classes full of three stars but sold them on redshirting and staying 5 years. When Croom's guys left and his three star recruits were RS freshmen and Sophomores, times was tough.

But, whaddaya know, exactly 5 years later when his boys are now 5th year seniors, he's doing lights out. It's because he had a plan and implemented it. He knew he could never sign enough 4 ans 5 star guys that stay 2-3 to compete with Bama, LSU, Auburn, UF, Georgia, so he schemed.

Do we think Al has a plan like this?

Advertisement
Can Al be Einhorn or finkle?

5626478_orig.jpg

Absolutely. And we're about to find out because he's not going anywhere until at least after next season and that's reality. The admin has shown their support and won't make any move until he's been given a shot without having to deal with the unknown threat of sanctions.

I find it ironic that at the gator game last year I was talking to a Miss St Alum and asked him if Mullens job was in jeopardy and he told me that while most would like to get rid of him the Athletic Dept couldn't afford his buyout.

Advertisement
Back